About the Devialet Phantom Reactor 600
Eye-catching and ear-pleasing
Eye-catching and ear-pleasing
There's no mistaking the streamlined teardrop shape of the Devialet Phantom Reactor 600. And this powered speaker's sound quality — and quantity — are equally unique, especially considering its compact size.
The Phantom Reactor 600 has two side-firing aluminum woofers, for powerful, hard-hitting bass. They combine with a centered aluminum full-range driver to create an expansive soundstage that fills your room.
High-performance soundThe Phantom Reactor 600 has a built-in DAC (digital-to-analog converter) that can play high-resolution digital audio. And with 600 watts of peak power, the Phantom Reactor 600 can simulate the experience of being right in front of the stage at a concert.
Stream music from your smartphone or tablet via Bluetooth. The Devialet control app comes with Spotify® Connect built in. With your Spotify subscription, you can stream from this service without leaving the app.
Built-in Apple AirPlay® lets you play audio directly from your iPhone®, iPad®, or Mac® computer through the Phantom 600. That includes soundtracks from YouTube® videos and Netflix movies. The speaker is also compatible with Universal Plug 'n' Play (UPnP) high-resolution streaming, for music stored on your media server or NAS drive.
If your Wi-Fi isn't up to snuff, you can hardwire the Phantom Reactor 600 to your network with an Ethernet cable. A combination mini optical digital audio input/stereo minijack audio input gives you even more options. Use your computer or portable player's headphone jack to connect to the speaker. Or run an optical digital cable (with a Toslink-to-mini-optical digital adapter) from your TV to the Phantom Reactor 600.
A speaker like no other
The coolest feature is the side-firing bass drivers. When I activated the Phantom Reactor, they pulsed, as if the speaker was breathing. And when I started playing music — well that was a breath of fresh air. Those drivers delivered bass so full it was almost visceral, especially at high volumes. Bass-heavy hip-hop tracks were slamming!
Both the bass and treble were tight. That made a huge difference when I played music at low volumes. My tunes sounded just as clean and clear no matter how loud or soft I set the volume.
Roon-compatible for serious music lovers
The Phantom Reactor 600 is also compatible with Roon, a subscription digital music player for your smartphone, tablet, or computer. Roon accesses your digital music collection from your iTunes library or NAS drive. It also works with your TIDAL subscription.
Roon lets you do deep dives into your music, showing artist bios, photos, reviews, and lyrics. Roon can also suggest other artists and songs based on your selections, making it easy to discover new music you'll enjoy.
- built-in Wi-Fi for wireless music streaming when connected to a home network
- built-in Bluetooth
- Apple AirPlay 2 for streaming music from an iPhone, iPod, or computer's iTunes®
- Universal Plug 'n' Play (UPnP) high-resolution streaming
- 1 aluminum tweeter, 2 aluminum side-firing bass drivers
- high-resolution playback up to 24-bit/192kHz resolution
- peak power: 600 watts
- frequency response: 18-21,000 Hz (-6dB)
- maximum volume: 95 dB SPL
- free download from Apple® App Store and Google Play
- Spotify Connect built in (subscription required)
- pair 2 Phantom Reactors for stereo sound
- displays current song and artist information
- control volume and play, pause, and skip tracks
- top-mounted touch-sensitive control buttons
- Roon-ready (subscription required)
- combination mini optical digital audio input/stereo minijack audio input
- mini optical digital input supports 2-channel PCM only
- Ethernet port
- requires AC power, cable included
- stainless steel sides
- 6-3/16"W x 6-5/8"H x 8-5/8"D
- weight: 9.5 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # PA511
More details on the Devialet Phantom Reactor 600