About the iGuard Stove Gas Range Shut-Off
There are a lot of reasons why you might want the iGuardStove gas range automatic shut-off device. When my mom was in the early stages of Alzheimer's, I went into her kitchen and noticed that she'd left the water running in the sink. I was thankful that it wasn't the stove. But that's when I started thinking about safety devices like this one.
Two-part protection for your gas range
The iGuardStove has two main parts: a gas valve that contains the shut-off, and a control panel box with a motion sensor. You'll need to have a gas plumber to install the gas valve shut-off, which is powered by the included DC wall adapter — that business remains behind your stove, hidden from view. The control box gets mounted near the cooktop, probably under your eye-level cabinets.
How it works
When you turn on your stove the iGuardStove proximity sensor is activated and starts a countdown — five minutes is the default, but you can set it anywhere from 1-15 minutes. If you stay in the kitchen within 10-12 feet of the control box, the proximity sensor will keep resetting the countdown for uninterrupted cooking. But if you leave, when the countdown reaches zero, iGuardStove shuts off the stove to prevent an unattended cooking fire.
For things that take longer to cook, like chili, you can either manually bypass the iGuard or override the countdown shut-off for up to 10 hours. You can also disable the override and bypass options, for the safety of the person you are protecting.
Protect the people who depend on you
The iGuard was designed for caregivers of loved ones who live on their own, or at least cook on their own, and need a safety net. It's also got a child lock — useful if you have toddlers who like to scramble the knobs around.
And it can be helpful for the times when you simply forget to turn off the stove. I've been lucky, but it's happened.
Powerful monitoring tools
Monitor activity and stove use remotely using your online account.
Connect the control box to Wi-Fi® with the simple menu window and buttons on the front. You can also control some of iGuard's features from here, but you'll have access to a much more robust feature set after you register for an online account.
Using your computer, tablet, or smartphone, you can remotely monitor and adjust settings for stove use. You can enable email and/or text alerts if, for example, someone is cooking up a 3 a.m. snack. And you can track activity over time with a handy calendar view.
Other smart features
The iGuard's motion sensor can be used in some cool ways that have nothing to do with the stove. The daytime activity monitor will let you know if your loved one isn't moving around when they should be. For example, let's say mom usually gets up at 7 a.m. and is active in the kitchen for a couple of hours. You set the daytime activity wake up for 7 a.m., and then set a "grace period" — iGuard suggests three hours. If no motion is detected by the end of the grace period, you'll get an alert.
You can even receive temperature change alerts, to notify you if the temperature in the room goes above or below the range you set.
The iGuard gas range shut-off also has an unburned gas sensor that will alert you if there is a dangerous buildup.
Choose the right iGuardStove shut-off
This iGuardStove model works for gas cooktops, both independent and in dual fuel ranges. For electric ranges or cooktops, get the either the iGuardStove for 4 prong plug-in, or hardwired, depending on your setup.
- motion-sensing smart monitor and shut-off system for gas ranges
- professional installation recommended
- automatically shuts off range after 1-15 minutes of no kitchen activity
- optional beep and/or strobe can warn user of impending shut off
- manual timer allows longer cooking times with no one in the kitchen
- connect to Wi-Fi® (2.4 GHz) to remotely monitor with computer or smart device
- track oven use and shut offs
- create a contacts list for text alerts
- nighttime activity monitor can show sleep irregularities
- daytime activity monitor alerts you if no motion is detected for selected time period
- unburned gas alert if iGuard senses a dangerous buildup
- enable room temperature alert to get notification of extreme changes
- three safety locks:
- late night - disables stove during scheduled days and times
- caregiver - manually disables stove with long-press of middle button on control panel
- child - requires control panel confirmation for range's knobs or buttons to activate heat
- phase switch allows stove to shut off while maintaining power to the clock
- can also be used as a shut-off for:
- gas cooktops
- gas cooktops in a dual fuel range
- do not mount control panel directly above stove, microwave, toaster, or other heat source
Dimensions and warranty:
- control panel box: 9-11/16"W x 2-1/4"H x 2-3/16"D
- gas valve shut-off:
- for 1/2" gas pipes: 4-7/16"W x 4-1/4"H x 2-7/8"D
- for 3/4" gas pipes: 5-1/2"W x 4-1/2"H x 3-1/2"D
- DC wall adapter with 6" cord powers gas valve shut-off
- control panel box connects to gas valve shut-off with included 10' CAT-5e cable
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # IGSG-12-White
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the iGuard Stove Gas Range Shut-Off