About the C by GE Wire Free Switch with Dimmer
Keep it simple
Keep it simple
Sometimes a physical switch is more convenient than pulling out your smartphone, typing in your password, and accessing an app. After all, you might not always have your phone in-hand every second of the day. That's where GE's smart dimmer switch comes in handy.
Control your C by GE devices wirelessly
The dimmer can be paired via Bluetooth with any GE Smart Lights, Smart Switches, or Smart Plugs. For instance, if you've got a smart switch in your living room, you could put a smart dimmer in the hallway leading into the room. Once the dimmer and Switch are paired, you can brighten or dim the lights on your way in. You can group multiple devices around your home together and control them with a single dimmer switch.
This Smart Dimmer Switch can be mounted anywhere you'd like — no wires or screws needed. You can install it on any wall or surface using the included adhesive tape. The switch's replaceable battery will keep things running for two or more years before it needs changing.
- mounts to any wall or surface with included adhesive tape
- no hub required — pairs via Bluetooth with any C by GE Smart Switches, bulbs, and plugs for control
- can wirelessly control multiple C by GE smart switches
- replaceable battery rated to last 2+ years
- 2-15/16"W x 4-5/8"H x 5/16"D
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 93105004
What's in the box:
- Wire-free smart switch/dimmer (white)
- CR2032 Lithium coin cell battery (installed)
- Wall plate (white)
- Two M3.5 x 2mm screws
- 2 Self-tapping screws (length 1")
- 2 Plastic wall anchors
- Two 3M Command adhesive wall mounts
- Installation Instructions
- Touch Controls card
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the C by GE Wire Free Switch with Dimmer
Overview: The C by GE Wire-Free Dimmer Smart Switch (CWLSWDMBWF1) can control other C by GE products, such as Smart Plugs, Smart Bulbs, Light Strips, and other Smart Switches. The switch can be mounted anywhere, because there's no wiring to connect. The Wire-Free Dimmer Smart Switch is powered by a user-replaceable CR3032 coin cell battery (installed). The Smart Switch's dimensions are: Width 1.748", Height 4.153", Depth 0.528". It comes with a standard sized wall plate. The switch and wall plate are white in color, and are covered by a 2-year limited warranty. It is recommended for indoor use only.
Functions: The Wire-Free Dimmer Smart Switch is actually two controls in one, with an on/off switch and a dim/brighten control for lights. Here are the functions you can perform with the Wire-Free Dimmer Smart Switch:
- Turn On/Off Lights/Devices: When controlling C by GE smart bulbs, or lamps or other devices plugged into C by GE smart plugs, you can turn them on or off with the inner controls of the Smart Switch.
- Dim/Brighten Lights: When used to control C by GE dimmable light bulbs, you can raise and lower the light intensity using the upper and lower controls of the Smart Switch.
- Wireless 3-Way Switch: You can add any two C by GE Smart Switches, and group them in the app for 3-way control, and control the lights from two separate locations (such as at the top and bottom of a staircase).
Installation: There are three options for installing the Wire-Free Dimmer Smart Switch:
- Adhesive: Since there are no wires to connect, you can mount the smart switch anywhere. Using the included 3M Command™ adhesive strips, you can stick the switch to the wall. (You should prepare the wall beforehand, making sure the surface is smooth and clean.) After adhering the switch to the wall, the wall plate bracket screws on to the switch with the included screws, and the wall plate snaps onto the bracket.
- Screws: You can screw the switch to the wall using the provided 1" screws. Plastic wall anchors are included for installing the switch on drywall. After mounting the switch, you can attach the wall plate bracket and wall plate as described above.
- Switch Box: The Wire-Free Dimmer Smart Switch is the same size as a standard wired wall switch, and fits into a standard gang box. If two or more switches are installed in a multi-gang box, a multi-gang, Decora-style wall plate will need to be purchased separately.
Note: Before installation, the plastic tab on the back of the switch should be removed so the switch can be connected to the pre-installed battery.
Setup: Once you have installed the switch, it will need to be configured into your C by GE home system. After adding the switch to the C by GE app, you will need to group it with the other C by GE devices you want to control with the switch in the same room/space. The switch can be used to control C by GE Smart Bulbs, Smart Plugs, and Smart Switches.
C by GE App: The C by GE app puts control of your home's lighting and connected devices into the palm of your hand. On your iOS or Android smartphone or tablet, you can turn lights on/off, dim/brighten, or adjust color settings (requires dimmable and/or color changing bulbs). You can also create custom lighting scenes, such as Study Time, Movie/TV watching, Romantic Dinner, etc. Multiple devices can be grouped together so they can all be controlled with a single touch. Schedules based on your routine can be created, so your lights or plugged in devices turn on or off at a specific time. Control can be shared with other members of your household, or whomever you choose. The C by GE app is compatible with devices running iOS 11.0 or later, and Android devices with OS 6.0 and up.
Bluetooth: The Smart Switch controls compatible devices via Bluetooth. Up to 50 C by GE devices can be controlled by the switch in the same location. It does not work with any other brands.
Battery: The C by GE Wire-Free Dimmer Smart Switch is powered by a CR2032 3-volt Lithium coin cell battery (installed). Typical battery life is 2 years. When the battery is exhausted, it can be replaced by removing the panel on the back of the switch.