About the C by GE Wire-free Remote with Dimming
Control in the palm of your hand
Want to control your C by GE lights without having to pull out your smartphone? This remote lets you to control and dim any GE smart lighting devices from anywhere in your home. Simply pair it up via Bluetooth with any Smart Bulbs, Smart Plugs, or Smart Switches and enjoy convenient control of those devices.
- no hub required
- handheld remote pairs via Bluetooth to C by GE Smart Plugs, Smart Switches, and Smart Bulbs
- dim and brighten lights from any room
- can be paired up to multiple C by GE devices for complete control
- magnetic back allows easy storage on any metal surface
- battery rated to last 2+ years
- 1-7/16"W x 4"H x 1"D
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 93122136
What's in the box:
- Wire-free Remote Control with dimmer (white)
- CR2032 Lithium battery (installed)
- Installation Guide
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the C by GE Wire-free Remote with Dimming
Overview: The C by GE Wire-Free Dimmer Remote Control is a handheld control for C by GE Smart Bulbs, Smart Switches, and Smart Plugs. It allows you to turn lights on or off, as well as dim and brighten them, from wherever you are in the room. In the C by GE app, you can pair the remote with one item, or all the C by GE devices in the room, and control them all together. If paired to dimmable lights, you can use the up/down controls to vary the intensity of the lights in the room. The remote communicates via Bluetooth, and is powered by a single CR2032 coin cell battery (installed). Dimensions: Width 1.373", Height 3.941", Depth 0.913", Weight 1.4 ounces.
Functions: The remote has two physical controls -- a push-button on/off switch, and up and down buttons for dimming. The remote can perform the following tasks:
- Turn On/Off Lights: The push-button toggle switch turns all grouped light bulbs, switches, and plugs on or off. In the C by GE app, you can group together as many devices as you desire, and control them all simultaneously with the remote.
- Dim/Brighten Lights: With the remote, you can dim and brighten C by GE light bulbs that have the dimming feature. You can also activate the dimming feature in a wired dimming-enabled smart switch, and dim/brighten the light controlled by the switch.
C by GE App: The C by GE app puts control of your home's lighting and connected devices into the palm of your hand. On your iOS or Android smartphone or tablet, you can turn lights on/off, dim/brighten, or adjust color settings (requires dimmable and/or color changing bulbs). You can also create custom lighting scenes, such as Study Time, Movie/TV watching, Romantic Dinner, etc. Multiple devices can be grouped together so they can all be controlled with a single touch. Schedules based on your routine can be created, so your lights or plugged in devices turn on or off at a specific time. Control can be shared with other members of your household, or whomever you choose. The C by GE app is compatible with devices running iOS 11.0 or later, and Android devices with OS 6.0 and up.
Setup: You will need to configure the Dimmer Remote Control into your C by GE home system. After adding the remote to the C by GE app, you will need to group it with the other C by GE devices you want to control with the switch in the same room/space. The switch can be used to control C by GE Smart Bulbs, Smart Plugs, and Smart Switches.
Magnetic Back: The back panel of the Wire-Free Dimmer Remote Control features a strong magnet that allows you to conveniently attach it to any metallic surface.
Battery: The remote is powered by a single CR2032 3-volt Lithium coin cell battery (installed). The battery is user-replaceable, and has an estimated battery life of 2 years or more.