About the C by GE Smart White Dimmable/Tunable A19 Bulbs
A great way to smarten up your home
A great way to smarten up your home
I've always thought of smart bulbs as one of the coolest pieces in a smart home. Being able to pull out your phone or use a Google Nest Mini to turn your lights on and off is handy. These C by GE "tunable" bulbs let you dial in the perfect shade of white light in any room. They can even be scheduled to sync up with your wake/sleep cycle, turning from a crisp bluish white during the day to a warm amber tone at night.
Setting the bulbs up through the Cync app is straightforward. Once they're up and running, you can turn them on, turn them off, or adjust the brightness right from your smartphone or tablet. Taking that a step further, the app also lets you set up lighting schedules to match your routine. For voice and out-of-home control, you can pair the bulbs via Bluetooth to a Google Assistant device. If you'd like to use an Amazon Alexa device for voice control, you'll need to pick up a C by GE Smart Plug and pair it with your bulbs.
- adjustable brightness up to 800 lumens
- LED bulbs are rated for 15000 hours of use
- no hub required
- high-quality light that ranges from warm amber to cool daylight blue
- color temperature: shades of white (2000-7000K)
- compatible with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant voice controllers
- Google Assistant: pair the C by GE Smart Bulbs with a Google Home device for voice control and out-of-home control
- Amazon Alexa: use a C by GE Smart Plug (sold separately) with the Smart Bulbs to enable voice control and out-of-home control
- compatible with Apple HomeKit (GE C-Reach Smart Bridge required, sold separately) for voice control and out-of-home control
- control through the Cync app (free for iOS® and Android™)
- group multiple bulbs together or separate them
- turn individual bulbs or bulb groups on or off
- create custom schedules that control when lights are on and off
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 93128975
What's in the box:
- 4 Smart light bulbs (Tunable White)
- Quick Start Guide
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the C by GE Smart White Dimmable/Tunable A19 Bulbs
Overview: The Cync (formerly C by GE) Direct Connect Smart Bulb is a tunable white standard-sized LED light bulb (A19 form factor) with many special features. The bulb connects directly to your Wi-Fi router without the need for a hub or bridge, which lets you control it through the Cync app, voice control (voice assistant required), or with Cync Smart Switches or Remote Controls. In addition to on/off control, the color temperature of this Tunable White bulb can be varied from warm white to cool white as you desire. It is also dimmable. Simply add the bulb to your Cync app to control it individually, or group it together with other Smart Devices in your home. This product includes four bulbs.
Bulb Specs: The bulb provides nearly the same light output as a 60-watt incandescent bulb (800 lumens vs. 840 lumens). The bulb's white light temperature can vary from a cool, vibrant white to help awaken you, to a bright medium white for daytime activites, to a soft, warm light to help you wind down at night. The Cync app lets you choose a preset color temperature, or dial in just the right color for each activity. The bulb uses only 9.5 watts of energy, with an estimated yearly energy cost of $1.14 (based on 3 hours use per day/11 cents per kilowatt hour). It has an estimated life of 13.7 years (based on 3 hours use per day). The minimum starting temperature is -20°C (-4°F).
Direct Connect Smart Bulbs: Cync Soft White Direct Connect Smart Bulbs connect to your Wi-Fi network (2.4 GHz band) -- no hub or bridge required. It also communicates via Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE). Once you have added the bulb to your Cync app, you can perform the following functions:
- Schedules: You can set your Smart Bulb to turn on or turn off on a set schedule. You can use the schedule to save energy, simulate occupancy when you're away, or turn on lights so you won't come home to a dark house. The schedule is set up and maintained in the Cync app.
- Scenes: You can create lighting scenes using Smart Bulbs, Smart Switches, and Smart Plugs to set a mood or for certain activities. When you activate the scene, the lights programmed to that scene are turned on. If you are using dimmable or color-changing bulbs, you can set the desired brightness or color for the scene.
- Out-of-home Control: Your Smart Bulbs can be turned on or off using the Cync app from virtually anywhere. You can manually turn individual or groups of Smart Bulbs on or off from your smartphone or tablet.
- Voice Control: Cync Direct Connect Smart Bulbs can be paired to Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant (sold separately) and controlled with voice commands.
Cync App: The Cync app puts control of your home's lighting and connected devices into the palm of your hand. On your iOS or Android smartphone or tablet, you can turn lights on/off, dim/brighten, or adjust color settings (requires dimmable and/or color changing bulbs). You can also create custom lighting scenes, such as Study Time, Movie/TV watching, Romantic Dinner, etc. Multiple devices can be grouped together so they can all be controlled with a single touch. Schedules based on your routine can be created, so your lights or plugged in devices turn on or off at a specific time. Control can be shared with other members of your household, or whomever you choose. The Cync app is compatible with devices running iOS 14.0 or later, and Android devices with OS 8.0 and up.