About the C by GE Full-color Smart Strip
Enhance your space
Enhance your space
Accent lighting can bring a new, dynamic mood to your room. What once was a bland, dark space underneath your overhead cabinets can be brought to life with this light strip. You can group multiple strips together or turn individual light strips on or off by using the Cync app (free for iOS® and Android™). The app also lets you change the color of the strip. There are millions of colors to choose from so you can be sure you'll find the right one for your style.
Light that works with your routine
Work late? Say goodbye to coming back to a dark home. The C by GE app lets you schedule when your light strips turn on and off. You can also group the strips in with other C by GE bulbs and switches to make automating your lights even easier.
These strips are voice-controllable with both Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa. Just pair the strip up with your Google Assistant device using Bluetooth and you can start issuing lighting commands. If you'd like to use an Alexa voice assistant, you'll need to pick up a C by GE Smart Plug first. Once the strip is plugged into the Smart Plug and paired over Bluetooth, you can use your voice to bring light into your room.
- no hub required
- millions of colors to choose from, including white light
- adjustable brightness up to 1600 lumens
- adhesive backing for easy installation
- strip length is 80 inches (6 feet, 8 inches)
AC power supply included
- compatible with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant voice controllers
- Amazon Alexa: use a C by GE Smart Plug (sold separately) with the Smart Bulbs to enable voice control and out of home control
- compatible with Apple HomeKit (GE C-Reach Smart Bridge required, sold separately) for voice control and out of home control
- control through the Cync (free for iOS® and Android™)
- group multiple strips together and control them or separate them for independent control
- turn individual strips or strip groups on or off
- create custom schedules that control when light strips are on and off
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 93128989
What's in the box:
- 80" LED full color light strip with adhesive backing
- AC adapter with attached 78" DC output cord (DC output: 16V 1.75A)
- Installation Guide
C by GE Full-color Smart Strip reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the C by GE Full-color Smart Strip
Overview: The Cync (formerly C by GE) Direct Connect Smart Light Strip is an 80" full color LED light strip with many special features. The strip connects directly to your Wi-Fi router without the need for a hub or bridge, which lets you control it through the Cync app, voice control (voice assistant required), or with Cync Smart Switches or Remote Controls. In addition to on/off control, you can choose from millions of colors, as well as vary the white light temperature from warm white to cool white. It is also dimmable. Simply add the light strip to your Cync app to control it individually, or group it together with other Smart Devices in your home. This product includes one 80" light strip.
Light Strip Specs: The light strip contains dozens of LEDs throughout its length. You can choose from millions of colors using the Cync app, and save your favorites as a preset. This lets you set a mood, or paint with light. The white light temperature can vary from a cool, vibrant white to help awaken you, to a bright medium white for daytime activites, to a soft, warm light to help you wind down at night. The Cync app lets you choose a preset color temperature, or dial in just the right color for each activity. The Light Strip can be cut (in designated areas) if you don't want to use the entire length. You can link together additional Light Strip Extensions to lengthen the light strip up to 32 feet. The end of the strip has a 7-pin connector for plugging in an extension. An AC adapter/power supply with a 6.5' cord is included.
Direct Connect Smart Light Strips: The Cync Soft White Direct Connect Smart Light Strip connects to your Wi-Fi network (2.4 GHz band) -- no hub or bridge required. It also communicates via Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE). Once you have added the strip to your Cync app, you can perform the following functions:
- Schedules: You can set your Smart Light Strip to turn on or turn off on a set schedule. You can use the schedule to save energy, simulate occupancy when you're away, or turn on lights so you won't come home to a dark house. The schedule is set up and maintained in the Cync app.
- Scenes: You can create lighting scenes using Smart Light Strips, Smart Bulbs, Smart Switches, and Smart Plugs to set a mood or for certain activities. When you activate the scene, the lights programmed to that scene are turned on. If you are using dimmable or color-changing light strips or bulbs, you can set the desired brightness or color for the scene.
- Out-of-home Control: Your Smart Light Strip can be turned on or off using the Cync app from virtually anywhere. You can manually turn individual or groups of Smart Light Strips or Bulbs on or off from your smartphone or tablet.
- Voice Control: Cync Direct Connect Smart Light Strips can be paired to Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant (sold separately) and controlled with voice commands.
Cync App: The Cync app puts control of your home's lighting and connected devices into the palm of your hand. On your iOS or Android smartphone or tablet, you can turn lights on/off, dim/brighten, or adjust color settings (requires dimmable and/or color changing bulbs). You can also create custom lighting scenes, such as Study Time, Movie/TV watching, Romantic Dinner, etc. Multiple devices can be grouped together so they can all be controlled with a single touch. Schedules based on your routine can be created, so your lights or plugged in devices turn on or off at a specific time. Control can be shared with other members of your household, or whomever you choose. The Cync app is compatible with devices running iOS 14.0 or later, and Android devices with OS 8.0 and up.