About the C by GE Smart Remote and Soft White A19 Bulb Bundle
An easy way to get started with smart lighting
An easy way to get started with smart lighting
Looking to smarten up a room in your home? This C by GE bundle makes it easy. The remote can dim, brighten and turn the included bulb on and off from anywhere in your home. Not only that, but the remote is compatible with GE's Smart Plugs and Smart Switches too if you ever wanted to expand.
Say it out loud
You can pair the bulbs via Bluetooth to a voice assistant for voice and out of home control. If you run a Google Assistant controller like me, just pair the bulb up to it. If you'd like to use an Amazon Alexa device for voice control, you'll need to pick up a C by GE Smart Plug and pair it with the bulb first.
Things get even cooler when you download the C by GE app (free for iOS® and Android™). The app lets you turn the bulb on and off, as well as set lighting and operating schedules. You can have the bulb turn on a few minutes before you arrive home from work or have a C by GE Smart Plug turn on the coffee pot in the morning, making your home work for you.
The app also allows you to control the bulb when you're away as long as it's paired with a voice assistant. Even if you're out backpacking and forgot to turn the light off before you left, you can rest easy. Just pull out your phone, open the app, and turn it off.
- no hub required
- quick and easy setup through the C by GE app
Smart bulb specs:
- light output: 800 lumens
- compatible with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant voice controllers
- Google Assistant: pair the C by GE Smart Bulbs with a Google Home device for voice control and out-of-home control
- Amazon Alexa: use a C by GE Smart Plug (sold separately) with the Smart Bulbs to enable voice control and out-of-home control
- compatible with Apple HomeKit (GE C-Reach Smart Bridge required, sold separately) for voice control and out-of-home control
- C by GE app control:
- group multiple bulbs together or separate them in the C by GE app
- turn individual bulbs or bulb groups on or off
- create custom schedules that control when lights are on and off
warranty: 3 years
Smart remote specs:
- handheld remote pairs via Bluetooth to bulbs for easy control
- dim and brighten lights from any room
- can be paired up to multiple C by GE devices like Smart Plugs and Smart Switches for complete control
- magnetic back allows easy storage on any metal surface
- internal battery rated to last 2+ years
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 93129087
What's in the box:
- Smart light bulb (Soft White)
- Wire-free remote control with dimmer (white)
- CR2032 Lithium battery (installed)
- Remote Setup Guide
- Installation and Setup Guide
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the C by GE Smart Remote and Soft White A19 Bulb Bundle
Overview: The C by GE Smart Remote Starter Kit contains a Direct Connect Soft White Smart Bulb and the Wire-Free Smart Remote. The standard-sized (A19) bulb connects directly to your Wi-Fi router without the need for a hub or bridge, which lets you control it through the C by GE app, voice control (voice assistant required), or with C by GE Smart Switches or Remote Controls. Simply add the bulb to your C by GE app to control it individually, or group it together with other Smart Devices in your home. The Wire-Free Remote Control is a handheld control for C by GE Smart Bulbs, Smart Switches, and Smart Plugs. It allows you to turn lights on or off, and dim and brighten, from wherever you are in the room. You can add dozens of additional smart bulbs, smart switches, smart plugs, and other smart devices to your C by GE app for control from anywhere using your smartphone or tablet. In the app, you can group together smart bulbs, switches, and plugs in the same room and control them with the remote.
Bulb Specs: The bulb features a standard screw-in base, and provides nearly the same light output as a 60-watt incandescent bulb (800 lumens vs. 840 lumens). It produces a soft, warm light with a color temperature of 2700K. The bulb uses only 9.5 watts of energy, with an estimated yearly energy cost of $1.14 (based on 3 hours use per day/11 cents per kilowatt hour). It has an estimated life of 13.7 years (based on 3 hours use per day). The minimum starting temperature is -20°C (-4°F).
Direct Connect Smart Bulbs: C by GE Soft White Direct Connect Smart Bulbs connect to your Wi-Fi network (2.4 GHz band) -- no hub or bridge required. It also communicates via Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE). Once you have added the bulb to your C by GE app, you can perform the following functions:
- Schedules: You can set your Smart Bulb to turn on or turn off on a set schedule. You can use the schedule to save energy, simulate occupancy when you're away, or turn on lights so you won't come home to a dark house. The schedule is set up and maintained in the C by GE app.
- Scenes: You can create lighting scenes using Smart Bulbs, Smart Switches, and Smart Plugs to set a mood or for certain activities. When you activate the scene, the lights programmed to that scene are turned on. If you are using dimmable or color-changing bulbs, you can set the desired brightness or color for the scene.
- Out-of-home Control: Your Smart Bulbs can be turned on or off using the C by GE app from virtually anywhere. You can manually turn individual or groups of Smart Bulbs on or off from your smartphone or tablet.
- Voice Control: C by GE Direct Connect Smart Bulbs can be paired to Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant (sold separately) and controlled with voice commands.
Remote Functions: The remote has two physical controls -- a push-button on/off switch, and up and down buttons for dimming. You will need to configure the Dimmer Remote Control into your C by GE home system. After adding the remote to the C by GE app, you will need to group it with the other C by GE devices you want to control with the switch in the same room/space. The back panel of the Wire-Free Remote Control features a strong magnet that allows you to conveniently attach it to any metallic surface. The remote is powered by a single CR2032 3-volt Lithium coin cell battery (installed). The battery is user-replaceable, and has an estimated battery life of 2 years or more. The switch can be used to control C by GE Smart Bulbs, Smart Plugs, and Smart Switches. Remote Dimensions: Width 1.373", Height 3.941", Depth 0.913", Weight 1.4 ounces. The remote can perform the following tasks:
- Turn On/Off Lights: The push-button toggle switch turns all grouped light bulbs, switches, and plugs on or off. In the C by GE app, you can group together as many devices as you desire, and control them all simultaneously with the remote.
- Dim/Brighten Lights: With the remote, you can dim and brighten C by GE light bulbs that have the dimming feature. You can also activate the dimming feature in a wired dimming-enabled smart switch, and dim/brighten the light controlled by the switch.
C by GE App: The C by GE app puts control of your home's lighting and connected devices into the palm of your hand. On your iOS or Android smartphone or tablet, you can turn lights on/off, dim/brighten, or adjust color settings (requires dimmable and/or color changing bulbs). You can also create custom lighting scenes, such as Study Time, Movie/TV watching, Romantic Dinner, etc. Multiple devices can be grouped together so they can all be controlled with a single touch. Schedules based on your routine can be created, so your lights or plugged in devices turn on or off at a specific time. Control can be shared with other members of your household, or whomever you choose. The C by GE app is compatible with devices running iOS 11.0 or later, and Android devices with OS 6.0 and up.