About the C by GE Wire-free Switch and Soft White A19 Bulb Bundle
Start or expand your smart home
Start or expand your smart home
If you're looking to get your feet wet with a smart home system, or if you're simply looking to expand your existing one, this bundle offers everything you'll need for conveniently controlled lighting in a single room. The included smart switch doesn't require any wiring and sticks to your wall thanks to its adhesive backing. It has a built in battery that'll last two or more years before it needs replacing. Right from the switch, you can dim or brighten a paired bulb or bulb group or turn it on or off.
The bulb itself gives off a soft white light, making it ideal for nighttime use and for bedrooms. The bulb can be installed in any regular light socket. The best part: you don't need a hub to operate it.
C by GE smart bulbs are voice controllable by both Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa. Just pair the bulb up with your Google Assistant device using Bluetooth and you can start issuing lighting commands. If you'd like to use an Alexa voice assistant, you'll need to pick up a C by GE Smart Plug first. Once the bulb is paired to the plug over Bluetooth, you can use your voice to bring light into your room.
Things get even cooler when you download the C by GE app (free for iOS® and Android™). The app lets you turn the bulb on and off, as well as set lighting schedules. You can have the bulb turn on a few minutes before you arrive home from work or have it turn off just before bed, making your home work for you.
The app also allows you to control the bulb when you're away as long as it's paired with a voice assistant. Even if you're out backpacking and forgot to turn the light off before you left, you can rest easy. Just pull out your phone, open the app, and turn it off.
- no hub required
- quick and easy setup through the C by GE app
Smart bulb specs:
- light output: 800 lumens
- compatible with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant voice controllers
- Google Assistant: pair the C by GE Smart Bulbs with a Google Home device for voice control and out-of-home control
- Amazon Alexa: use a C by GE Smart Plug (sold separately) with the Smart Bulbs to enable voice control and out-of-home control
- compatible with Apple HomeKit (GE C-Reach Smart Bridge required, sold separately) for voice control and out-of-home control
- warranty: 3 years
C by GE app control:
- group multiple bulbs together or separate them in the C by GE app
- turn individual bulbs or bulb groups on or off
- create custom schedules that control when lights are on and off
Smart switch specs:
- mounts to any wall or surface with included adhesive tape
- no hub required; pairs via Bluetooth with any C by GE Smart Switches, bulbs, and plugs for control
- can wirelessly control multiple C by GE smart switches
- replaceable battery rated to last 2+ years
- 2-15/16"W x 4-11/16"H x 1/4"D
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 93129091
What's in the box:
- Smart light bulb (Soft White)
- Wire-free smart switch/dimmer (white)
- CR2032 Lithium coin cell battery (installed)
- Wall plate (white)
- Two M3.5 x 2mm screws
- 2 Self-tapping screws (length 1")
- 2 Plastic wall anchors
- Two 3M Command adhesive wall mounts
- Smart Switch Installation Guide
- Installation and Setup card
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the C by GE Wire-free Switch and Soft White A19 Bulb Bundle
Overview: The C by GE Wire-Free Switch Starter Kit contains a Direct Connect Soft White Smart Bulb and the Wire-Free Dimmer Smart Switch. The standard-sized (A19) bulb connects directly to your Wi-Fi router without the need for a hub or bridge, which lets you control it through the C by GE app, voice control (voice assistant required), or with C by GE Smart Switches or Remote Controls. Simply add the bulb to your C by GE app to control it individually, or group it together with other Smart Devices in your home. The Wire-Free Dimmer Smart Switch can control other C by GE products, such as Smart Plugs, Smart Bulbs, Light Strips, and other Smart Switches. The switch can be mounted anywhere, because there's no wiring to connect. You can add dozens of additional smart bulbs, smart switches, smart plugs, and other smart devices to your C by GE app for control from anywhere using your smartphone or tablet. In the app, you can group together smart bulbs, switches, and plugs in the same room and control them with the Smart Switch.
Bulb Specs: The bulb features a standard screw-in base, and provides nearly the same light output as a 60-watt incandescent bulb (800 lumens vs. 840 lumens). It produces a soft, warm light with a color temperature of 2700K. The bulb uses only 9.5 watts of energy, with an estimated yearly energy cost of $1.14 (based on 3 hours use per day/11 cents per kilowatt hour). It has an estimated life of 13.7 years (based on 3 hours use per day). The minimum starting temperature is -20°C (-4°F).
Direct Connect Smart Bulbs: C by GE Soft White Direct Connect Smart Bulbs connect to your Wi-Fi network (2.4 GHz band) -- no hub or bridge required. It also communicates via Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE). Once you have added the bulb to your C by GE app, you can perform the following functions:
- Schedules: You can set your Smart Bulb to turn on or turn off on a set schedule. You can use the schedule to save energy, simulate occupancy when you're away, or turn on lights so you won't come home to a dark house. The schedule is set up and maintained in the C by GE app.
- Scenes: You can create lighting scenes using Smart Bulbs, Smart Switches, and Smart Plugs to set a mood or for certain activities. When you activate the scene, the lights programmed to that scene are turned on. If you are using dimmable or color-changing bulbs, you can set the desired brightness or color for the scene.
- Out-of-home Control: Your Smart Bulbs can be turned on or off using the C by GE app from virtually anywhere. You can manually turn individual or groups of Smart Bulbs on or off from your smartphone or tablet.
- Voice Control: C by GE Direct Connect Smart Bulbs can be paired to Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant (sold separately) and controlled with voice commands.
Smart Switch Functions: The Wire-Free Dimmer Smart Switch is actually two controls in one, with an on/off switch and a dim/brighten control for lights. The switch controls compatible devices via Bluetooth. Up to 50 C by GE devices can be controlled by the switch in the same location. It does not work with any other brands. Here are the functions you can perform with the Wire-Free Dimmer Smart Switch:
- Turn On/Off Lights/Devices: When controlling C by GE smart bulbs, or lamps or other devices plugged into C by GE smart plugs, you can turn them on or off with the inner controls of the Smart Switch.
- Dim/Brighten Lights: When used to control C by GE dimmable light bulbs, you can raise and lower the light intensity using the upper and lower controls of the Smart Switch.
- Wireless 3-Way Switch: You can add any two C by GE Smart Switches, and group them in the app for 3-way control, and control the lights from two separate locations (such as at the top and bottom of a staircase).
Installation: There are three options for installing the Wire-Free Dimmer Smart Switch:
- Adhesive: Since there are no wires to connect, you can mount the smart switch anywhere. Using the included 3M CommandT adhesive strips, you can stick the switch to the wall. (You should prepare the wall beforehand, making sure the surface is smooth and clean.) After adhering the switch to the wall, the wall plate bracket screws on to the switch with the included screws, and the wall plate snaps onto the bracket.
- Screws: You can screw the switch to the wall using the provided 1" screws. Plastic wall anchors are included for installing the switch on drywall. After mounting the switch, you can attach the wall plate bracket and wall plate as described above.
- Switch Box: The Wire-Free Dimmer Smart Switch is the same size as a standard wired wall switch, and fits into a standard gang box. If two or more switches are installed in a multi-gang box, a multi-gang, Decora-style wall plate will need to be purchased separately.
Note: Before installation, the plastic tab on the back of the switch should be removed so the switch can be connected to the pre-installed battery.
Setup: Once you have installed the switch, it will need to be configured into your C by GE home system. After adding the switch to the C by GE app, you will need to group it with the other C by GE devices you want to control with the switch in the same room/space. The switch can be used to control C by GE Smart Bulbs, Smart Plugs, and Smart Switches.
C by GE App: The C by GE app puts control of your home's lighting and connected devices into the palm of your hand. On your iOS or Android smartphone or tablet, you can turn lights on/off, dim/brighten, or adjust color settings (requires dimmable and/or color changing bulbs). You can also create custom lighting scenes, such as Study Time, Movie/TV watching, Romantic Dinner, etc. Multiple devices can be grouped together so they can all be controlled with a single touch. Schedules based on your routine can be created, so your lights or plugged in devices turn on or off at a specific time. Control can be shared with other members of your household, or whomever you choose. The C by GE app is compatible with devices running iOS 11.0 or later, and Android devices with OS 6.0 and up.