About the C by GE Smart Plug and Soft White A19 Bulb Bundle
A great way to get into smart lighting
A great way to get into smart lighting
If you're looking to get your feet wet with a smart home system, or if you're simply looking to expand your existing one, this bundle is a great place to start. The bulb can be installed into any regular light socket, and it gives off a soft white light, making it ideal for nighttime use and for bedrooms.The smart plug lets you turn any regular "dumb" lamp or appliance into a smart one just by plugging it in. The best part: neither requires a hub to operate.
Things get even cooler when you download the Cync app (free for iOS® and Android™). The app lets you control both the smart plug and the bulb. Turn them on or off, or set schedules to match your routine. You can have the bulb turn on a few minutes before you arrive home from work or have it turn off just before bed, making your home work for you. The app also allows you to control the bulb when you're away as long as it's paired with a voice assistant. Even if you're out backpacking and forgot to turn the light off before you left, you can rest easy. Just pull out your phone, open the app, and turn it off.
The bulbs are voice controllable by both Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa. Just pair the bulb up with your Google Assistant device using Bluetooth and you can start issuing lighting commands. If you'd like to use an Alexa voice assistant, just pair the bulb up to the included smart plug and you can use your voice to bring light into your room.
- no hub required
- quick and easy setup through the free Cync mobile app
Smart bulb specs:
- light output: 800 lumens
- compatible with Amazon Alexa and Google Voice assistants
- Google Assistant: pair the C by GE Smart Bulbs with a Google Home device for voice control and out-of-home control
- Amazon Alexa: use a C by GE Smart Plug (sold separately) with the Smart Bulbs to enable voice control and out-of-home control
- compatible with Apple HomeKit (GE C-Reach Smart Bridge required, sold separately) for voice control and out-of-home control
- warranty: 3 years
C by GE app control:
- group multiple bulbs together or separate them in the C by GE app
- turn individual bulbs or bulb groups on or off
- create custom schedules that dictate when lights are on and off
Smart plug specs:
- switch plugs into standard AC wall outlet
- no hub required, works with your existing home Wi-Fi network
- operates on 2.4 GHz band
- control connected appliances remotely using the free C by GE mobile app
- app allows for scheduling devices to turn on or off
- compatible with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant voice control devices (sold separately)
- 2-5/16"W x 1-1/2"H x 2-5/8"D
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 93129092
What's in the box:
- Smart light bulb (Soft White)
- Smart plug (white)
- Installation and Setup card
C by GE Smart Plug and Soft White A19 Bulb Bundle reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the C by GE Smart Plug and Soft White A19 Bulb Bundle
Overview: The Cync (formerly C by GE) Smart Room Starter Kit contains a Direct Connect Soft White Smart Bulb and the Smart Plug. The standard-sized (A19) bulb connects directly to your Wi-Fi router without the need for a hub or bridge, which lets you control it through the Cync app, voice control (voice assistant required), or with Cync Smart Switches or Remote Controls. Simply add the bulb to your Cync app to control it individually, or group it together with other Smart Devices in your home. The Smart Plug turns any AC outlet into a "smart" outlet which can be controlled wirelessly from anywhere. The Smart Plug has a built-in Wi-Fi bridge that pairs to your home network, allowing you to turn on or off the connected device using your smartphone (and the Cync app), and set schedules to automatically turn on/off your plugged-in devices at certain times. In addition, you can control the smart plug with voice commands using Alexa or Google Assistant. You can add dozens of additional smart bulbs, smart switches, smart plugs, and other smart devices to your Cync app for control from anywhere using your smartphone or tablet. The plug is recommended for indoor use only. The Smart Plug's dimensions are Width 2.619", Height 1.496", Depth 1.46".
Bulb Specs: The bulb features a standard screw-in base, and provides nearly the same light output as a 60-watt incandescent bulb (800 lumens vs. 840 lumens). It produces a soft, warm light with a color temperature of 2700K. The bulb uses only 9.5 watts of energy, with an estimated yearly energy cost of $1.14 (based on 3 hours use per day/11 cents per kilowatt hour). It has an estimated life of 13.7 years (based on 3 hours use per day). The minimum starting temperature is -20°C (-4°F).
Direct Connect Smart Bulbs: Cync Soft White Direct Connect Smart Bulbs connect to your Wi-Fi network (IEEE 802.11 b/g/n -- 2.4 GHz) -- no hub or bridge required. It also communicates via Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE). Once you have added the bulb to your Cync app, you can perform the following functions:
- Schedules: You can set your Smart Bulb to turn on or turn off on a set schedule. You can use the schedule to save energy, simulate occupancy when you're away, or turn on lights so you won't come home to a dark house. The schedule is set up and maintained in the Cync app.
- Scenes: You can create lighting scenes using Smart Bulbs, Smart Switches, and Smart Plugs to set a mood or for certain activities. When you activate the scene, the lights programmed to that scene are turned on. If you are using dimmable or color-changing bulbs, you can set the desired brightness or color for the scene.
- Out-of-home Control: Your Smart Bulbs can be turned on or off using the Cync app from virtually anywhere. You can manually turn individual or groups of Smart Bulbs on or off from your smartphone or tablet.
- Voice Control: Cync Direct Connect Smart Bulbs can be paired to Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant (sold separately) and controlled with voice commands.
Smart Plug: The Smart Plug's built-in Wi-Fi bridge operates on IEEE 802.11 b/g/n on the 2.4 GHz band. The plug has a single standard 3-prong plug and a single 3-prong outlet with the following ratings:
- 120V AC / 60Hz
- Max 15A for general use
- Max 1/3 HP motor
Cync App: The Cync app puts control of your home's lighting and connected devices into the palm of your hand. On your iOS or Android smartphone or tablet, you can turn lights on/off, dim/brighten, or adjust color settings (requires dimmable and/or color changing bulbs). You can also create custom lighting scenes, such as Study Time, Movie/TV watching, Romantic Dinner, etc. Multiple devices can be grouped together so they can all be controlled with a single touch. Schedules based on your routine can be created, so your lights or plugged in devices turn on or off at a specific time. Control can be shared with other members of your household, or whomever you choose. The Cync app is compatible with devices running iOS 14.0 or later, and Android devices with OS 8.0 and up.