About the GE Lighting RGB PAR38 Outdoor Bulb
Add some color outside your home
Add some color outside your home
These weather-resistant smart floodlight bulbs fit standard outdoor floodlight fixtures, so they're great for giving your landscaping some flair. Want to light up your garden for the season? Set the colors to match your flower beds and enjoy. If you'd like to have a little extra safety at night, you can change the lights to shades of white light to illuminate the path to your front door.
You'll control your bulbs using the Cync app (free for iOS® and Android™) on your phone or tablet, meaning you can change things up on the fly. Through the app, you can also create lighting schedules which can save you some cash on your electric bill. If you've got the bulb's lighting color and intensity set perfectly and don't want to lose it, don't fret — you can save any created scenes in the app and go back to them.
For voice and out-of-home control, you can pair the bulbs via Bluetooth to a Google Assistant device. If you'd like to use an Amazon Alexa device for voice control, you'll need to pick up a C by GE Smart Plug and pair it with your bulbs.
Expand your system
- weather-resistant outdoor bulb
- PAR38 form factor designed for outdoor floodlight fixtures
- no hub required
- millions of colors, including white light
- compatible with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant voice controllers
- Google Assistant: pair the bulb with a Google Nest device for voice control and out-of-home control
- Amazon Alexa: use a C by GE Smart Plug (sold separately) with the bulb to enable voice control and out-of-home control
- compatible with Apple HomeKit (GE C-Reach Smart Bridge required, sold separately) for voice control and out-of-home control
- control through the Cync app (free for iOS® and Android™)
- group multiple bulbs together or separate them
- turn individual bulbs or bulb groups on or off
- create custom schedules that control when lights are on and off
- dimensions (measured by Crutchfield): 4-7/8" diameter x 5-1/4"H
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 93129693
What's in the box:
- 2 Color Outdoor smart floodlight bulbs (E26 base)
- Quick Start Setup Guide
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the GE Lighting RGB PAR38 Outdoor Bulb
Overview: The Cync (formerly C by GE) Direct Connect Outdoor Smart Bulb is a full color LED outdoor floodlight bulb (PAR38 form factor) with many special features. The bulb connects directly to your Wi-Fi router without the need for a hub or bridge, which lets you control it through the Cync app, voice control (voice assistant required), or with Cync Smart Switches or Remote Controls. In addition to on/off and dimming control, you can choose from millions of colors, and adjust the white color tone from warm to cool. Simply add the bulb to your Cync app to control it individually, or group it together with other Smart Devices in your home. This product includes two bulbs.
Bulb Specs: This outdoor floodlight bulb provides nearly the same light output as a 90-watt halogen bulb (1300 lumens vs. 1310 lumens). It has a 40° beam angle. The Cync app lets you choose a preset color, or dial in just the right color for each activity. The bulb uses only 15 watts of energy, with an estimated yearly energy cost of $1.81 (based on 3 hours use per day/11 cents per kilowatt hour). It has an estimated life of 22.8 years (based on 3 hours use per day). The minimum starting temperature is -20°C (-4°F).
Direct Connect Smart Bulbs: Cync Full Color Direct Connect Outdoor Smart Bulbs connect to your Wi-Fi network (2.4 GHz band) -- no hub or bridge required. It also communicates via Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE). Once you have added the bulb to your Cync app, you can perform the following functions:
- Schedules: You can set your Smart Bulb to turn on or turn off on a set schedule. You can use the schedule to save energy, simulate occupancy when you're away, or turn on lights so you won't come home to a dark house. The schedule is set up and maintained in the Cync app.
- Scenes: You can create lighting scenes using Smart Bulbs, Smart Switches, and Smart Plugs to set a mood or for certain activities. When you activate the scene, the lights programmed to that scene are turned on. If you are using dimmable or color-changing bulbs, you can set the desired brightness or color for the scene.
- Out-of-home Control: Your Smart Bulbs can be turned on or off using the Cync app from virtually anywhere. You can manually turn individual or groups of Smart Bulbs on or off from your smartphone or tablet.
- Voice Control: Cync Direct Connect Smart Bulbs can be paired to Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant (sold separately) and controlled with voice commands.
Cync App: The Cync app puts control of your home's lighting and connected devices into the palm of your hand. On your iOS or Android smartphone or tablet, you can turn lights on/off, dim/brighten, or adjust color settings (requires dimmable and/or color changing bulbs). You can also create custom lighting scenes, such as Study Time, Movie/TV watching, Romantic Dinner, etc. Multiple devices can be grouped together so they can all be controlled with a single touch. Schedules based on your routine can be created, so your lights or plugged in devices turn on or off at a specific time. Control can be shared with other members of your household, or whomever you choose. The Cync app is compatible with devices running iOS 14.0 or later, and Android devices with OS 8.0 and up.