About the GE Cync Color Bulb/Motion Sensor Starter Kit
A convenient way to start a smart lighting system
A convenient way to start a smart lighting system
GE created this bundle to make starting a smart lighting system easy. The color smart bulb helps you set the scene for any occasion. Watching a game on your TV? Match the bulb's color to match that of your favorite team. If you're throwing a party, you can change up the color and brightness to go along with the mood of whatever song you've got playing.
The included motion sensor expands the functionality of the bulb. The two pair up over Bluetooth, and when the sensor detects motion, the bulb turns on automatically. The light can be set turn off five minutes after the sensor stops detecting motion in the room.
Smart voice control
GE Cync and C by GE bulbs are voice-controllable by both Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa. Just link them to the compatible voice assistant of your choice, and you can start issuing lighting commands.
Control all your Cync and C by GE gear with the free Cync mobile app. Use it to customize your motion sensor's settings, adjust a bulb's brightness and color temperature, create groups, and set lighting schedules. You can have the lights turn on when you normally arrive home from work or turn off just before bed — making your home work for you.
The app also lets you control the bulb when you're away. Even if you're out backpacking and forgot to turn the light off before you left, you can rest easy. Just pull out your phone, open the app, and turn it off.
- adjustable brightness up to 800 lumens
- expected life span: 15,000 hours of use
- no hub required
- connects to your Wi-Fi (requires 2.4 GHz router)
- millions of colors and shades of white light
- compatible with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant voice controllers
- quick and easy setup with the free Cync mobile app for iOS® and Android™:
- create groups
- turn individual bulbs or bulb groups on or off
- create custom schedules that control when lights are on and off
- select color and brightness
- warranty: 3 years
Motion sensor specs:
- turns GE Cync or C by GE devices on when it detects motion
- integrated ambient light sensor so your lights only turn on when needed
- motion detection range: 20 feet
- wall-mountable using included brackets
- replaceable battery rated to last 2 years or longer
- can be scheduled to activate or deactivate at user selectable hours
- lights can be programmed to turn off after 5 minutes if no motion is detected
- wireless protocol: Bluetooth
- 1-1/2"W x 2-7/16"H x 1-1/2"D
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 93129715
What's in the box:
- Smart A19 light bulb (Full Color)
- Wire-free motion sensor
- 2 "AAA" batteries (installed)
- Screw-in magnetic mount
- Plastic wall anchor
- Wire-Free Smart Motion Sensor Installation Guide
- Installation and setup
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the GE Cync Color Bulb/Motion Sensor Starter Kit
Overview: The Cync (formerly C by GE) Color + Motion Sensing Starter Kit consists of a full color smart bulb and the Wire-Free Smart Motion Sensor. The Direct Connect A19 bulb fits into a standard E26 Edison base. The light can be controlled and dimmed remotely, and you can choose from millions of color to set a mood. The Motion Sensor can be used to passively control through motion this and other smart light bulbs, as well as other Cync products, such as Smart Plugs, Light Strips, and Smart Switches. The dimensions of the bulb and sensor are:
- Smart Motion Sensor: Width 1.507", Height 2.425", Depth 1.43"
- Tunable White A19 Bulb: Diameter 2.361", Height 4.49"
Bulb Specs: The bulb provides nearly the same light output as a 60-watt incandescent bulb (800 lumens vs. 840 lumens). You can choose from millions of colors using the Cync app, and save your favorites as a preset. This lets you set a mood, or paint with light. The white light temperature can vary from a cool, vibrant white to help awaken you, to a bright medium white for daytime activites, to a soft, warm light to help you wind down at night. The Cync app lets you choose a preset color temperature, or dial in just the right color for each activity. The bulb uses only 9.5 watts of energy, with an estimated yearly energy cost of $1.14 (based on 3 hours use per day/11 cents per kilowatt hour). It has an estimated life of 13.7 years (based on 3 hours use per day). The minimum starting temperature is -20°C (-4°F).
Direct Connect Smart Bulbs: Cync Soft White Direct Connect Smart Bulbs connect to your Wi-Fi network (2.4 GHz band) -- no hub or bridge required. It also communicates via Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE). Once you have added the bulb to your Cync app, you can perform the following functions:
- Schedules: You can set your Smart Bulb to turn on or turn off on a set schedule. You can use the schedule to save energy, simulate occupancy when you're away, or turn on lights so you won't come home to a dark house. The schedule is set up and maintained in the Cync app.
- Scenes: You can create lighting scenes using Smart Bulbs, Smart Switches, and Smart Plugs to set a mood or for certain activities. When you activate the scene, the lights programmed to that scene are turned on. If you are using dimmable or color-changing bulbs, you can set the desired brightness or color for the scene.
- Out-of-home Control: Your Smart Bulbs can be turned on or off using the Cync app from virtually anywhere. You can manually turn individual or groups of Smart Bulbs on or off from your smartphone or tablet.
- Voice Control: Cync Direct Connect Smart Bulbs can be paired to Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant (sold separately) and controlled with voice commands.
Motion Detection and Light Sensor: The Smart Motion Sensor uses a Passive Infrared (PIR) sensor to detect motion in a 105° arc, and within a range of approximately 20 feet. Motion detection can turn on the lights when you enter the room, or turn them off when the room is unoccupied for 5 minutes or more. This includes devices plugged into Cync Smart Plugs -- for example, the Sensor can control your desk fan automatically when you enter or leave the room. The sensor also has an ambient light detector that can trigger events when the ambient light level reaches a certain point. When paired with dimmable light bulbs, the sensor can keep the room's brightness at a constistent level by adjusting the lights according to the ambient light.
Programmable Detection: In the Cync app, you can turn off motion detection during certain times of the day when light is not needed. It can also be programmed to turn lights on dimly at night when you want to avoid waking someone, but need a little bit of light to navigate a dark hallway or bedroom.
Installation: The Smart Motion Sensor can be placed vertically on a level surface, such as a shelf or tabletop. You can also wall-mount or ceiling-mount it using the included magnetic mount. The magnet will attach to the sensor's rounded top and rear panels, or flat bottom panel, giving you lots of flexibility in mounting the sensor. The sensor can be installed vertically or horizontally. Ideally, the Motion Sensor should be installed between 66" and 78" above the floor.
Setup: Once you have installed the motion sensor, it will need to be configured into your Cync home system. After adding the sensor to the Cync app, you will need to group it with the other Cync devices you want to control with the motion detection in the same room/space. The sensor can be used to control Cync Smart Bulbs, Smart Plugs, and Smart Switches.
Cync App: The Cync app puts control of your home's lighting and connected devices into the palm of your hand. On your iOS or Android smartphone or tablet, you can turn lights on/off, dim/brighten, or adjust color settings (requires dimmable and/or color changing bulbs). You can also create custom lighting scenes, such as Study Time, Movie/TV watching, Romantic Dinner, etc. Multiple devices can be grouped together so they can all be controlled with a single touch. Schedules based on your routine can be created, so your lights or plugged in devices turn on or off at a specific time. Control can be shared with other members of your household, or whomever you choose. The Cync app is compatible with devices running iOS 14.0 or later, and Android devices with OS 8.0 and up.