About the GE Cync Bedroom Light and Remote Starter Kit
A convenient smart lighting option
A convenient smart lighting option
Looking to smarten up your bedroom? This GE Cync starter kit makes it easy. The Bluetooth remote can dim, brighten, and turn a paired bulb or bulb group on or off from anywhere in the room. You can also use it to adjust the color temperature of the included bulb from warm amber to cool white.
This system requires no hub, and it's compatible with GE's other smart bulbs, plugs, and switches if you ever want to expand.
Use your voice
GE Cync Direct Connect bulbs are voice controllable by both Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa. Just link them to the compatible voice assistant of your choice, and you can start issuing lighting commands.
Simple control with an app
Control all your Cync and C by GE gear with the free Cync mobile app. Use it to adjust a bulb's brightness and color temperature, create groups, and set lighting schedules. You can have the lights turn on when you normally arrive home from work or turn off just before bed — making your home work for you.
The app also lets you control the bulb when you're away. Even if you're out backpacking and forgot to turn the light off before you left, you can rest easy. Just pull out your phone, open the app, and turn it off.
- kit includes wire-free smart dimmer remote and tunable white Direct Connect smart bulb
- connects to your Wi-Fi (requires 2.4 GHz router)
- no hub required
- quick and easy setup with the free Cync mobile app for iOS® and Android
Smart bulb specs:
- high-quality white light that ranges from warm amber to cool daylight
- color temperature: shades of white (2000-7000K)
- light output: 800 lumens
- compatible with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant voice controllers
- 2-3/8" diameter x 4-1/2"H
- warranty: 3 years
- Cync app control:
- group multiple bulbs together
- turn individual bulbs or bulb groups on or off
- create custom schedules that control when lights are on and off
- select color temperature and brightness
Smart remote specs:
- handheld remote pairs via Bluetooth for easy control
- dim and brighten lights from anywhere in the room
- adjust color temperature of compatible bulbs (shades of white)
- controls any linked GE Cync or C by GE devices
- magnetic back sticks to metal surfaces for easy storage
- included battery rated to last 2+ years
- 1-3/8"W x 3-15/16"H x 15/16"D
- weight: 1.4 oz.
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 93129719
What's in the box:
- Smart A19 light bulb (Tunable White)
- Wire-free Remote Control with dimmer + color (white)
- CR2032 Lithium battery (installed)
- Wire-Free Smart Remote setup guide
- Installation and setup
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the GE Cync Bedroom Light and Remote Starter Kit
Overview: The Cync (formerly C by GE) Bedroom Light + Remote Starter Kit consists of a tunable white smart bulb and remote control. The Direct Connect A19 bulb fits into a standard E26 Edison base. The light can be controlled and dimmed remotely, and you can vary the color temperature to set a mood. The remote control gives you control of the light from anywhere in the room. In the Cync app, you can group additional smart bulbs together and control them all with the remote. The dimensions of the bulb and remote are:
- Remote Control: Width 1.373", Height 3.941", Depth 0.913", Weight 1.4 ounces
- Tunable White A19 Bulb: Diameter 2.368", Height 4.486"
Bulb Specs: The bulb provides nearly the same light output as a 60-watt incandescent bulb (800 lumens vs. 840 lumens). The bulb's white light color temperature can vary from a cool, vibrant white to help awaken you, to a bright medium white for daytime activites, to a soft, warm light to help you wind down at night. The Cync app lets you choose a preset color temperature, or dial in just the right color for each activity. The bulb uses only 9.5 watts of energy, with an estimated yearly energy cost of $1.14 (based on 3 hours use per day/11 cents per kilowatt hour). It has an estimated life of 13.7 years (based on 3 hours use per day). The minimum starting temperature is -20°C (-4°F).
Direct Connect Smart Bulbs: Cync Soft White Direct Connect Smart Bulbs connect to your Wi-Fi network (2.4 GHz band) -- no hub or bridge required. It also communicates via Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE). Once you have added the bulb to your Cync app, you can perform the following functions:
- Schedules: You can set your Smart Bulb to turn on or turn off on a set schedule. You can use the schedule to save energy, simulate occupancy when you're away, or turn on lights so you won't come home to a dark house. The schedule is set up and maintained in the Cync app.
- Scenes: You can create lighting scenes using Smart Bulbs, Smart Switches, and Smart Plugs to set a mood or for certain activities. When you activate the scene, the lights programmed to that scene are turned on. If you are using dimmable or color-changing bulbs, you can set the desired brightness or color for the scene.
- Out-of-home Control: Your Smart Bulbs can be turned on or off using the Cync app from virtually anywhere. You can manually turn individual or groups of Smart Bulbs on or off from your smartphone or tablet.
- Voice Control: Cync Direct Connect Smart Bulbs can be paired to Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant (sold separately) and controlled with voice commands.
Remote Functions: The remote has three physical controls -- a push-button on/off switch, up and down buttons for dimming, and left and right buttons for varying the color temperature. The remote can perform the following tasks:
- Turn On/Off Lights: The push-button toggle switch turns all grouped light bulbs, switches, and plugs on or off. In the Cync app, you can group together as many devices as you desire, and control them all simultaneously with the remote.
- Dim/Brighten Lights: With the remote, you can dim and brighten Cync light bulbs that have the dimming feature. You can also activate the dimming feature in a wired dimming-enabled smart switch, and dim/brighten the light controlled by the switch.
- Change Color Temperature: The remote lets you adjust the color temperature of a paired Smart Bulb (Tunable White or Full Color). You can set the light output to a cool, refreshing light in the mornings to help you wake up or study, or set it to a warm, cozy light at night to help you relax or sleep.
Cync App: The Cync app puts control of your home's lighting and connected devices into the palm of your hand. On your iOS or Android smartphone or tablet, you can turn lights on/off, dim/brighten, or adjust color settings (requires dimmable and/or color changing bulbs). You can also create custom lighting scenes, such as Study Time, Movie/TV watching, Romantic Dinner, etc. Multiple devices can be grouped together so they can all be controlled with a single touch. Schedules based on your routine can be created, so your lights or plugged in devices turn on or off at a specific time. Control can be shared with other members of your household, or whomever you choose. The Cync app is compatible with devices running iOS 14.0 or later, and Android devices with OS 8.0 and up.