About the Simplified MFG EXMICRO2i
Extend an HDMI signal across a long distance
Extend an HDMI signal across a long distance
The Simplified MFG EXMICRO2i extender system lets you send an HD or Ultra HD video signal across a long distance. This package includes a transmitter and a receiver unit, which together send audio and video from one point to another through CAT-6 Ethernet cable.
These units support HDCP 2.2, the copy protection system used with 4K content. They can also pass HDR (High Dynamic Range) encoded content for state-of-the-art picture quality. This system is ideal for connecting an A/V receiver to an overhead projector or wall-mounted TV without using an ultra-long HDMI cable.
Bi-directional IR ports
An IR input and output on both the transmitter and receiver let you sent remote commands from the display location back to the source location, and vice versa. (One IR target and one IR emitter are included in the package.)
Advanced EDID (HDMI "handshake") options
The EXMICRO2i features convenient EDID presets that make it easier to set up your system the way you want. It can copy EDID settings from the source connected to the transmitter or the display connected to the receiver. Or it can default to your choice of 4K or 1080p video resolution with stereo audio.
- audio/video signal extender system
- send audio and video over long distances through CAT-6 Ethernet cable
- includes an HDMI-to-Ethernet transmitter and an Ethernet-to-HDMI receiver
- bi-directional IR pass-through for relaying remote control commands from display to source and vice versa
- one IR receiver (target) and one IR transmitter (emitter) included
- convenient EDID ("HDMI handshake") presets for easier system setup
- transmitter includes a "local" HDMI pass-through output
- supports 1080p and 4K Ultra HD video transmission
- 1080p up to 70 meters/230 feet
- 4K up to 50 meters/164 feet
- HDCP 2.2 and HDMI 2.0b compliant
- supports HDR-encoded content
- supports a broad range of audio formats, including stereo PCM, Dolby Atmos®, and DTS:X™
Power and control:
- included AC power supply can be used with either unit
- the receiver provides power for the transmitter via Power over Ethernet (PoE) or vice versa
- eliminates the need for a separate AC power connection at both locations
Dimensions and warranty:
- 5-1/16"W x 13/16"H x 2-7/16"D (measured by Crutchfield, each, transmitter and receiver)
- weight: 6 oz. (each, transmitter and receiver)
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # EXMICRO2i
What's in the box:
Simplified MFG EXMICRO2i owner's manual
- HDMI-to-Ethernet Transmitter
- Ethernet-to-HDMI Receiver
- AC power adapter (attached 58" DC cord)
- AC plug insert
- IR receiver (attached 58" cable terminated by stereo 3.5mm male connector)
- IR blaster (attached 58" cable terminated by stereo 3.5mm male connector)
- 4 Brackets
- 8 Screws
- User Manual
Simplified MFG EXMICRO2i reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
This review was collected as part of a promotion
More details on the Simplified MFG EXMICRO2i
HDMI Over Ethernet Extender Kit: The Simplified MFG EXMICRO2i is a HDMI Over Ethernet Extender Kit, consisting of one Transmitter unit and one Receiver unit. The Transmitter unit is responsible for transmitting the HDMI input signal from your connected source component via one Cat6 cable, while the Receiver is responsible for receiving the HDMI audio/video signal and passing it along to your connected display monitor or TV. The EXMICRO2i is capable of transmitting a 4K/HDR video signal up to 164' (50m) or a 1080p video signal up to 230' (70M) over a single Cat6 cable.
Note: This unit does not support the Audio Return Channel function (ARC).
EDID Management: The EXMICRO2i features an innovative EDID (Extended Display Identification Data) circuit with 4 settings, including two presets and two copies.
- EDID is preset to 4K/60, 2ch stereo
- EDED is preset to 1080p, 2ch stereo.
- EDID information can be copied from the display at the receiver.
- EDID information can be copied from the HDMI out at the transmitter.
HDMI 2.0b (18Gbps): The EXMICROS HDMI Over Ethernet Extender Kit is equipped with one HDMI input and one HDMI output on the Transmitter unit, plus a HDMI output on the Receiver. The HDMI input and outputs meet HDMI 2.0b specifications with support for 18Gbps video bandwidth, 4K @ 60Hz video resolution, HDR (High Dynamic Range), and HDCP 2.2.
- 4K Resolution: Supports video formats up to 4k @ 24/30Hz (RGB / YcbCR 4:4:4 / YCBCR 4:2:2); and up to 4k @ 50/60Hz (YCBCR 4:4:4). It also offers support for 480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i, and 1080p.
- HDR (High Dynamic Range): Supported HDR formats included HDR10, HDR10+, and Dolby Vision.
- HDCP 2.2: HDCP 2.2 is short for "High bandwidth Digital Content Protection" and is used for 4K video copyright protection for compatibility with Ultra HD Blu-ray players and 4K Satellite/Cable providers. Its also backward compatible with HDCP 1.4.
Note: The HDMI output on the Transmitter allows you to output an HDMI audio/video signal to a display monitor or TV in the same room as the Transmitter, or connect to an additional AV distribution device for cascading.
Ethernet (RJ45) Ports: The Simplified MFG EXMICRO2i is equipped with one Ethernet (RJ45) output port on its Transmitter and one Ethernet (RJ45) input port on its Receiver. A CAT6 cable will need to be run from the Transmitter to Receiver.
Audio Pass-Through: The EXMICRO2i will pass-through an HDMI audio signal over CAT6 cable with a sampling rate up to 192kHz. Supported HDMI audio formats include LPCM (2/5.1/7.1ch), Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital+, Dolby TrueHD, Dolby Digital EX; as well as DTS, DTS-EX DTS 96/24, DTS-HD, and DT-HD Master Audio; as well as Dolby Atmos and DTS:X.
2-Way IR Control: The Simplified MFG EXMICRO2i HDMI Over Ethernet Extender Kit comes with one IR receiver and one blaster, supporting 2-way IR control. IR commands are sent to and from both the transmitter and receiver allowing IR to be sent from the source to the display and/or from the display to the source.
Power Requirements: The Simplified MFG EXMICRO2i comes with a single AC power adapter. The power adapter can be plugged in at the Transmitter or Receiver and will supply power to both units. Make sure the power connection to the unit is made before plugging in the power adapter to AC.
Mounting Options: The EXMICRO2i's Transmitter and Receiver can simply be table-top mounted on a flat horizontal surface, or mounted on a wall or to a piece of AV furniture using the included mounting brackets.