About the Simplified MFG RM42C
Send 4K video to two zones simultaneously
Send 4K video to two zones simultaneously
Are you setting up a distributed A/V system? This feature-packed matrix from Simplified MFG lets you send audio and 4K video from four HDMI sources to two TVs or monitors at the same time.
Use it at home, or at your business
Use the RM42C to display content across two screens in a classroom, office meeting room, sports bar, or other commercial space. You can show a single source on both displays, or show a different source on each one.
Dedicated audio outputs for each zone pipe sound to your choice of external audio systems — even Dolby Atmos® setups.
Flexible source selection and control
Flexible control options come courtesy of front-panel buttons, or with the included handheld remote control. This matrix also has RS-232 and infrared (IR) connections for use with optional third-party control systems.
- distributes audio and video from 4 HDMI sources to 2 displays
- ideal for a dual-screen setup in a sports bar, classroom, or other commercial establishment
- passes 4K UHD (Ultra High Definition) content at up to 60 frames per second
- HDMI 2.0 and HDCP 2.2 compliant
- 4 HDMI inputs and 2 HDMI outputs
- show a single source across both displays, or show a different source on each one
- supports resolution scaling up/down between 4K and 1080p
- supports HDR-encoded content
- support for smart EDID ("HDMI handshake") management
- supports a broad range of audio formats, including stereo PCM, Dolby Atmos®, and DTS:X™
- compatible with HDMI sources like a Blu-ray player, cable or satellite box, security system, or computer
Control and connections:
- supports third-party controllers via RS-232 (Phoenix-style connectors)
- includes IR (infrared) remote control and cables
- audio breakouts for sending signal to an external sound system
- 2 Toslink optical digital outputs
- 2 Phoenix-style connections for extracting stereo audio from HDMI
- LED indicators for power and status
Warranty and dimensions:
- 8-5/8"W x 1-3/4"H" x 5-9/16"D
- weight: 2.31 lbs.
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # RM42C
What's in the box:
- 4x2 HDMI Matrix switch
- IR Remote control (CR2025 battery NOT included)
- AC Power supply w/attached 59" DC cord (24VDC/1A output)
- N. American outlet adapter
- Four 3-pin Euroblock connectors
- One IR receiver w/attached 57" cable (terminated in a 3.5mm TRS plug)
- Two IR blasters w/adhesive backing and attached 59" cable (terminated in a 3.5mm TRS plug)
- 3 Adhesive pads (one each for IR receiver and blasters)
- 58" Control cable terminated with a female 9-pin D-Sub connector on one end and a 3-pin Euroblock (Phoenix) on the other end
- 2 Rack ears
- 6 Rack-ear screws
- 2 Mounting brackets
- 4 Mounting screws
- Owner's manual
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Simplified MFG RM42C
Overview: The Simplified MFG RM42C is a 4x2 HDMI Matrix switch that features 4 HDMI inputs and 2 HDMI outputs, providing true matrix routing of HDMI signals. I supports transmission of video resolutions up to 2160p@60Hz Ultra HD (4:4:4), and high resolution audio formats such as LPCM 7.1, Dolby TrueHD, Atmos, and more.
Supported Resolutions: The RM42C supports 18Gbps bandwidth for HDR 8/10/10+ and Dolby Vision transmission, and supports HLG (Hybrid Log Gamma) signals. Supported video formats and resolutions include:
- 4K@50/60Hz (4:4:4 & 4:2:0)
- 4K@30Hz (4:4:4)
- 1080p, 1080i, 720p, 720i, 480p, 480i
- All HDMI 3D TV formats
- All PC resolutions including 1920x1200
Color Space: (RGB/YCbCr) 4:4:4, (YCbCr) 4:2:2, 4:2:0
- 8/10/12-Bit: 4K@60Hz, 4K@30Hz, and 1080p@60Hz (YCbCr 4:2:0)
- 8-Bit: 4K@60Hz (YCbCr 4:4:4)
HDMI/HDCP: The RM42C HDMI extender is HDMI 2.0 and HDCP 2.2/1.4 compliant, making it capable of passing most any type of video signal.
4x2 HDMI Matrix: The RM42C features 4 HDMI inputs that can quickly and easily be assigned to either or both of the 2 HDMI outputs using the front-panel selector buttons, the provided IR remote control, or using the built-in Web GUI (Graphical User Interface) from a LAN connected computer.
EDID Management With Scaling: The Matrix switch manages EDID (Extended Display Identification Data) communications from the source to the display, ensuring the best video resolution and audio format is automatically provided. 21 selectable EDID presets and 2 user EDID options are available using the Web GUI interface, letting you override the EDID information and select a specific video and audio format for each HDMI output. Output scaling options include:
- Off: No scaling is applied.
- 4K-to-1080p: Downscales signal to 1080p.
- HDBT Mode: Downscales no more than 10.2Gbps for HDBaseT compliance.
- Auto: Scale will match the connected display requirements.
HDMI Audio Formats: The Matrix switch can support the following audio formats: PCM 2.0/5.1/7.1 CH, Dolby Digital/EX/Plus, Dolby TrueHD, DTS, DTS-EX, DTS-96/24, DTS High-Res, DTS-HD Master Audio, and DSD.
Audio Breakouts: Each of the 2 HDMI outputs includes its own audio-breakout section (A & B) for extracting the audio from the HDMI Output signal. An optical digital and an analog output is provided for each corresponding HDMI Output:
- Analog: A 3-pin Euroblock (Phoenix) connector provides a stereo analog audio output (unbalanced).
- Optical Digital: Can provide PCM 2.0, Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus, and DTS audio.
ARC: The RM42C supports ARC (Audio Return Channel) from the 2 HDMI outputs. When activated in the Web GUI, ARC audio is passed out the Optical digital port for that Output.
Note: When ARC is activated, the analog stereo output is disabled.
Front Panel: Two front-panel selector buttons for each HDMI Output let you select one of the four HDMI Inputs. Corresponding LEDs will light when that Input is selected. Holding down the selector button for 3 seconds will activate Auto mode, which automatically selects the most recently active HDMI Input.
Remote Control: The Simplified MFG RM42C includes a hand-held IR remote control for selecting an HDMI Input source for each of the 2 HDMI Outputs.
IR Input & Outputs: A single IR In and two IR Outs (one for each HDMI Output) can be used with the included IR Receiver and two IR Blasters, letting you control any monitors connected to the HDMI Outputs.
RS-232: Three rear-panel 3-pin Euroblock connectors are provided, one for inputting RS-232 control commands and one for each of the two HDMI Outputs. This lets you use a compatible RS-232 controller (sold separately) to operate a TV or monitor on each Output. A 3-pin Euroblock-to-female 90-pin D-Sub cable is provided for connecting directly to a computer for using RS-232 commands to control the Matrix switch. Commonly found Serial Command tools, such as "Docklight" for PC can be used.
Note: A male 9-pin D-Sub-to-USB cable may be required for computer connection and is sold separately.
LAN: A rear-panel RJ-45 port lets you connect a computer for accessing the built-in Web GUI. This lets you select HDMI Inputs for each of the HDMI Outputs, as well as configuring setup options.
Power: The RM42C features a 24VDC power input for connecting the included AC power supply (24VDC/1A output). The DC power connector includes a knurled locking collar to prevent inadvertent unplugging.
Mounting: Two mounting brackets are provided for mounting the RM42C to a flat surface, either vertically or horizontally. Two additional rack-ears are also included for mounting the Matrix in a standard equipment rack. The RM42C takes up 1U of rack space when mounted.