About the Simplified MFG RM44C
Send 4K video to four zones simultaneously
Send 4K video to four zones simultaneously
Are you setting up a distributed A/V system? This feature-packed matrix from Simplified MFG lets you send audio and 4K video from four HDMI sources to four TVs or monitors at the same time.
Use it at home, or at your business
Use the RM44C to display content across four screens in a classroom, office meeting room, sports bar, or other commercial space. You can show a single source on all four displays, or show a different source on each one.
Dedicated audio outputs for each zone pipe sound to your choice of external audio systems — even Dolby Atmos® setups.
Flexible source selection and control
Flexible control options come courtesy of front-panel buttons, or with the included handheld remote control. This matrix also has RS-232 and infrared (IR) connections for use with optional third-party control systems.
- distributes audio and video from 4 HDMI sources to 4 displays
- ideal for a multi-screen setup in a classroom, office, or retail space
- passes 4K UHD (Ultra High Definition) content at up to 60 frames per second
- HDMI 2.0 and HDCP 2.2 compliant
- 4 HDMI inputs and 4 HDMI outputs
- show a single source across all four displays, or show a different source on each one
- supports resolution scaling up/down between 4K and 1080p
- supports HDR-encoded content
- support for smart EDID ("HDMI handshake") management
- supports a broad range of audio formats, including stereo PCM, Dolby Atmos®, and DTS:X™
- compatible with HDMI sources like a Blu-ray player, cable or satellite box, security system, or computer
Control and connections:
- RS-232C (Phoenix-style connectors) and IR (infrared) remote connections for use with optional third-party controllers
- browser-based setup tool for convenient settings changes
- includes IR (infrared) remote control
- audio breakouts for sending signal to an external sound system
- (4x) coaxial digital outputs
- (4x) 3.5mm stereo mini analog outputs
- LED indicators for power and status
- shelf-mountable with included brackets
Warranty and dimensions:
- 8-11/16"W x 1-3/4"H" x 4-3/16"D
- weight: 1.75 lbs.
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # RM44C
What's in the box:
- 4x4 HDMI Matrix switch
- IR Remote control (CR2025 battery installed)
- AC Power supply w/attached 59" DC cord (12VDC/2.5A output)
- N. American outlet adapter
- One IR receiver w/attached 59" cable (terminated in a 3.5mm TRS plug)
- Adhesive pad for IR receiver
- 58" Control cable terminated with a female 9-pin D-Sub connector on one end and a 3-pin Euroblock (Phoenix) on the other end
- 2 Rack ears
- 8 Rack-ear screws
- 2 Mounting brackets
- 4 Mounting screws
- Owner's manual
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Simplified MFG RM44C
4x4 HDMI Matrix Switcher: The Simplified MFG RM44C is a 4x4 HDMI Matrix switch that features 4 HDMI inputs and 4 HDMI outputs, providing true matrix routing of HDMI signals. The 4 HDMI inputs can be quickly and easily assigned to any of the 4 HDMI outputs using the front-panel selector buttons, the provided IR remote control, or using the built-in Web GUI (Graphical User Interface) from a LAN connected computer. It supports transmission of video resolutions up to 2160p@60Hz Ultra HD (4:4:4), and high resolution audio formats such as LPCM 7.1, Dolby Digital, and DTS.
HDMI 2.0 + HDCP 2.2: The RM44C HDMI extender is HDMI 2.0 and HDCP 2.2/1.4 compliant, making it capable of passing most any type of video signal.
- Video Resolutions: Supported video resolutions include 4K@50/60Hz (4:4:4 & 4:2:0), 4K@30Hz (4:4:4), 1080p, 1080i, 720p, 720i, 480p, 480i, and 3D video.
- HDR (High Dynamic Range): The Simplified MFG RM44C supports HDR 8/10/1+ and Dolby Vision.
- Color Space & Color Depth: 8/10/12-bit (4K@60Hz, 4K@30Hz, and 1080p (YCbCr 4:2:0)), 8-bit ( 4K@60Hz (YCbCr 4:4:4)
EDID Management With Scaling: The Matrix switch manages EDID (Extended Display Identification Data) communications from the source to the display, ensuring the best video resolution and audio format is automatically provided. 21 selectable EDID presets and 2 user EDID options are available using the Web GUI interface, letting you override the EDID information and select a specific video and audio format for each HDMI output. Output scaling options include:
- Bypass: No scaling is applied.
- 4K-to-1080p: Downscales signal to 1080p.
- Auto: Scale will match the connected display requirements.
Audio Breakouts: Each of the 4 HDMI outputs includes its own audio-breakout section for extracting the audio from the HDMI Output signal. A coax digital and a 3.5mm stereo analog output is provided for each corresponding HDMI Output. The coax digital out supports PCM 2.0, Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus, and DTS 2.0/5.1 audio.
- HDMI Audio Formats: The Matrix switch can support the following audio formats: PCM 2.0/5.1/7.1 CH, Dolby Digital/EX/Plus, Dolby TrueHD, DTS, DTS-EX, DTS-96/24, DTS High-Res, DTS-HD Master Audio, and DSD.
- ARC (Audio Return Channel): The RM44C supports ARC (Audio Return Channel) from the 4 HDMI outputs. When activated in the Web GUI, ARC audio is passed out the Coax digital port for that Output. When ARC is activated, the 3.5mm analog output is disabled.
Controls: The RM44C offers front-panel and remote control, as well as features an IR input, RS232 port, and LAN jack for custom remote integration.
- Front Panel: Four front-panel selector buttons for the HDMI Outputs let you select one of the four HDMI Inputs. Corresponding LEDs will light when that Input is selected.
- Remote Control: The Simplified MFG RM44C includes a hand-held IR remote control for selecting an HDMI Input source for each of the 4 HDMI Outputs.
- IR Ext: A 3.5mm IR input lets you control the Matrix when in a cabinet or equipment rack, using the provided IR Receiver and attached 59" cable.
- RS-232: The RM44C features a rear-panel 3-pin Euroblock connector for inputting RS-232 control commands from a computer. A 3-pin Euroblock-to-female 90-pin D-Sub cable is provided for connecting directly to a computer. Commonly found Serial Command tools, such as "Docklight" for PC can be used. A male 9-pin D-Sub-to-USB cable may be required for computer connection and is sold separately.
- LAN: A rear-panel RJ-45 port lets you connect a computer for accessing the built-in Web GUI. This lets you select HDMI Inputs for each of the HDMI Outputs, as well as configuring setup options.
Power: The RM44C features a 12VDC power input for connecting the included AC power supply (12VDC/2.5A output). The DC power connector includes a knurled locking collar to prevent inadvertent unplugging.
Mounting: Two mounting brackets are provided for mounting the RM44C to a flat surface, either vertically or horizontally. Two additional rack-ears are also included for mounting the Matrix in a standard equipment rack. The RM44C takes up 1U of rack space when mounted.