About the Simplified MFG SCALE2
Adapt an HDMI source to nearly any display
Adapt an HDMI source to nearly any display
Have an HDMI source that outputs at a higher resolution than what your display supports? Simplified MFG's SCALE2 can help. This problem-solving scaler changes the output resolution of an HDMI source to best work with your display. It can also adjust the frame rate from 60 fps (frames per second) to 30 fps, and vice versa.
Idela for distributed A/V systems
The SCALE2 is particularly useful in a matrixed A/V system that uses a combination of old and new displays. Here's an example:
Say you have an Apple TV 4K that you want to show on the 4K TV in your living room, as well as on the 1080p projector in your game room. Feed the Apple TV into a Simplified HDMI splitter or distribution matrix to create multiple HDMI outputs, then use the SCALE2 to downscale the resolution for the projector while maintaining 4K Ultra HD picture quality on your living room TV.
- HDMI scaler (1 in, 1 out) with frame rate conversion for HD and Ultra HD content
- selectable output resolution and frame rate for compatibility with a range of TVs, monitors, and projectors
- adjustable brightness, contrast, and tint for a connected HDMI source
- ideal for use in a matrixed A/V system that uses a combination of old and new displays
- HDCP 2.2 and HDMI 2.0b compliant
- supports HDR-encoded content
- supports a broad range of audio formats, including stereo PCM, Dolby Atmos®, and DTS:X™
- 1 HDMI input
- supports video resolutions up to 4K at 60 frames per second
- 1 HDMI output
- supports resolution scaling up/down between 4K and 720p
- selectable frame rate of 30 or 60 frames per second
- support for smart EDID ("HDMI handshake") management
- automatic input and output resolution scaling
Control and connections:
- analog and digital audio breakouts for sending signal to an external sound system
- Toslink optical digital output
- 3.5mm stereo mini analog output
- supports third-party controllers via RS-232 (Phoenix-style connectors)
- AC power adapter included
Warranty and dimensions:
- 4"W x 1"H x 4-3/4"D
- weight: 15.9 oz.
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # SCALE2
What's in the box:
- HDMI scaler
- AC power adapter (attached 58" DC cord)
- AC plug adapter insert
- 3-Pin phoenix connector
- User Manual
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Simplified MFG SCALE2
HDMI Scaler: The SCALE2 by Simplified MFG is a HDMI video scaling device that can scale nearly any resolution up to 4K @ 30/60Hz. The SCALE2 is perfect for installations where the display is of unknown make/capabilities and for use with projectors or displays that cannot display the original format of the content. Its also good for fixing scaling issues, frame rate issues and can be used to adjust brightness on displays.
HDMI 2.0b Input/Output: The Simplified MFG SCALE2 is outfitted with one HDMI 2.0b input and one HDMI 2.0b output. It is able to take a HDMI 2.0b video signal and make it a HDMI 2.0a, 1.4b, or 1.3 compatible video signal for older displays. It supports up to 18Gbps video bandwidth.
HDCP 2.2 Compliant: The Simplified MFG SCALE2 is HDCP 2.2 compliant and is backward compatible with HDCP 1.4. HDCP 2. is short for "High bandwidth Digital Content Protection" and is used for 4K video copyright protection for compatibility with Ultra HD Blu-ray players and 4K Satellite/Cable providers.
Video Up-Scale, Down-Scale, & Pass-Through: The Simplified MFG SCALE2 accepts wide range of video resolutions from 480i up to 4K @ 60Hz (4:4:4) and up-scales to 4K @ 30/60Hz, down-scales to 720 @ 60Hz , or passes-through the native video signal. It even offers frame rate conversion up to 4K @ 30Hz. The SCALE2 will automatically scale any video input signal to match native resolution of the display or any connected HDMI device. Or, the output can be set to specific resolution (480i to 4K).
Audio Outputs: The SCALE2 by Simplified MFG offers HDMI audio pass-through, as well as an analog and digital audio breakout.
- HDMI Audio Pass-Through: The Simplified MFG SCALE1 will pass-through an HDMI audio signal with a sampling rate up to 192kHz. Supported HDMI audio formats include LPCM (2/5.1/7.1ch), Dolby Digital, DTS, Dolby Digital+, Dolby TrueHD, DTS-HD, and DT-HD Master Audio; as well as Dolby Atmos and DTS:X.
- Analog & Digital Audio Breakout: In addition to HDMI audio pass-through, the SCALE2 has an optical (toslink) output and a 3.5mm analog minijack output for audio breakout. The optical (toslink) digital out will support PCM (2ch), Dolby Digital (5.1ch), and DTS (5.1ch); while the 3.5mm minijack output is only 2ch stereo.
HDM-CEC & Lip-Sync Pass-Through: The Simplified MFG SCALE2 supports the pass-through of HDMI-CEC and Lip-Sync, so you keep your HDMI control commands and your audio/video synchronization.
On-Screen Menu & RS232 Control: The SCALE2 can be configured via front-panel buttons with an on-screen menu or via RS232 commands. Control functions include manual set up of EDID and video output resolution, as well as picture settings.
AC Power Adapter: The included AC power adapter plugs into the SCALE2 HDMI scaler and into an AC wall outlet or surge protector.
Firmware Updates: There is a USB-A port on the SCALE2 that allows you to download firmware updates onto the unit from your computer and the Simplified MFG website.