About the Simplified MFG SP12S
Send an HDMI signal to two displays
Have an HDMI source that you want to display on two TVs or monitors? This 2-output HDMI splitter from Simplified MFG makes it easy — simply connect your HDMI cables and you're ready to go. It supports resolutions up to 4K, making it compatible with nearly any HDMI source.
- 1 input/2 output HDMI splitter
- supports HDMI 2.0 and HDCP 2.2
- passes 4K UHD (Ultra High Definition) content at up to 60 frames per second
- 4K/1080p scaling switches for each monitor output
- compatible with HDR (High Dynamic Range) content
- supports multichannel surround sound formats, including Dolby® TrueHD
- analog and digital audio breakouts for sending signal to an external sound system
- Toslink optical digital output
- 3.5mm stereo mini analog output
- selectable EDID ("HDMI handshake") options
- LED indicators for power, input, and output status
- AC power adapter included
- 4-3/4"W x 11/16"H x 2-1/4"D
- weight: .44 lbs.
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # SP12S
What's in the box:
- HDMI splitter (1-in/2-out)
- AC power adapter (attached 59" DC cord)
- User Manual
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Simplified MFG SP12S
1x2 HDMI Splitter: The Simplified MFG SP12S is an HDMI 2.0b splitter with pass-through, downscaling, EDID management, and audio breakout. Its supports resolutions up to 4K/60Hz (4:4:4) and HDCP 2.2 or 1.4. The SP12S can be used to split a single HDMI audio/video input into two HDMI audio/video outputs, whether they are identical or not.
HDMI 2.0b (18Gbps): The SP12S features one HDMI 2.0b input and two HDMI 2.0b outputs with support for 18Gbps video bandwidth, 4K ultra-HD resolution, HDR (High Dynamic Range), and HDCP 2.2.
- 4K Resolution: Supports video formats up to 4k @ 24/30Hz (RGB / YcbCR 4:4:4 / YCBCR 4:2:2); and up to 4k @ 50/60Hz (YCBCR 4:4:4). It also offers support for 720p @ 50/60Hz and 1080p @ 50/60Hz.
- HDR (High Dynamic Range): Supported HDR formats included HDR10, HDR10+, and Dolby Vision.
- HDCP 2.2: HDCP 2.2 is short for "High bandwidth Digital Content Protection" and is used for 4K video copyright protection for compatibility with Ultra HD Blu-ray players and 4K Satellite/Cable providers. Its also backward compatible with HDCP 1.4.
Video Pass-Through or Down-scaling: An HDMI video signal can be split into two identical signals or can be down-scaled. 4K, 1080p, and 720p video signals can be set to pass-through without scaling. A 4K video signal can be down-scaled to 1080p for older TVs and displays.
Note: The SP12S HDMI splitter does not offer upscaling.
EDID Management: Each HDMI output can be set to 1080p or to the EDID setting. EDID (Extended Display Identification Data) can be copied or mixed (Auto).
- Auto Mode: The Auto mode compares the EDID settings of the two connected TVs or displays, and then selects the lowest resolution of the two. Your HDMI input source device will transmit the same video to both outputs at the same resolution.
- Copy Mode: The Copy mode copies the EDID settings from the TV or display connected to the HDMI 1 output to the HDMI 2 output. Your HDMI input source device will transmit the same video signal to both outputs at the same resolution of the HDMI 1 output.
Audio Outputs: The Simplified MFG SP12S offers HDMI audio pass-through, as well as an analog and digital audio breakout.
- HDMI Audio Pass-Through: The SP12S will pass-through an HDMI audio signal with a sampling rate up to 192kHz. Supported HDMI audio formats include LPCM (2/5.1/7.1ch), Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital+, Dolby TrueHD, Dolby Digital EX; as well as DTS, DTS-EX DTS 96/24, DTS-HD, and DT-HD Master Audio.
- Analog & Digital Audio Breakout: In addition to HDMI audio pass-through, the SP12S has an optical (toslink) output and a 3.5mm analog minijack output for audio breakout. The optical (toslink) digital out will support PCM (2ch), Dolby Digital (5.1ch), and DTS (5.1ch); while the 3.5mm minijack output is only 2ch stereo.
AC Power Adapter: The included AC power adapter plugs into the SP12S HDMI splitter and into an AC wall outlet or surge protector.