About the Simplified MFG SP14CAT50
Distribute HDMI content to four displays
Distribute HDMI content to four displays
This transmitter and receiver kit from Simplified MFG lets you send 4K content from an HDMI source to four TVs, projectors, or monitors — great for a classroom, sports bar, or other commercial establishment.
How the system works
The transmitter takes the video signal from an incoming HDMI cable and converts it to CAT-6 Ethernet cable, which you'll run to each display location. Each of the four included receivers accepts a CAT-6 connection and converts the signal back to HDMI, for easy connection to each of your displays.
The included IR (infrared) extender cables let you pass remote control commands through the system.
- HDMI signal splitter and extender system (1 in, 4 out)
- send audio and video over long distances through CAT-6 Ethernet cable
- includes an HDMI-to-Ethernet transmitter/splitter and four Ethernet-to-HDMI receivers
- supports 1080p and 4K Ultra HD video transmission
- 1080p up to 70 meters/229 feet
- 4K up to 50 meters/164 feet
- HDCP 2.2 and HDMI 2.0b compliant
- supports HDR-encoded content
- supports a broad range of audio formats, including stereo PCM, Dolby Atmos®, and DTS:X™
- support for smart EDID ("HDMI handshake") management
Power and control:
- IR pass-through for relaying remote control commands (cables included)
- AC power supply included for the transmitter
- the transmitter supplies power to each receiver via Power over Ethernet (PoE)
- eliminates the need for a separate AC power connection at each receiver location
Dimensions and warranty:
- transmitter: 8-5/16"W x 1-1/16"H x 4-5/8"D
- receivers: 3-7/8"W x 3/4"H x 2-1/2"D (each)
- weight: 1.25 lbs. (transmitter), 5.5 oz. (receivers)
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # SP14CAT50
What's in the box:
- HDMI-to-Ethernet splitter
- 4 Ethernet-to-HDMI receivers
- AC power adapter (attached 58" DC cord)
- AC plug insert
- 4 IR receivers (attached 58" cable terminated by stereo 3.5mm male connector)
- IR blaster (attached 58" cable terminated by stereo 3.5mm male connector)
- User Manual
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Simplified MFG SP14CAT50
HDMI Over Ethernet Splitter/Extender Kit: The Simplified MFG SP14CAT50 is a HDMI Over Ethernet Splitter/Extender Kit. It consists of a 1x4 Splitter and four Receivers. The SP14CAT50 can be used to distribute a single HDMI source's audio/video signal to up to 4 displays when you need to send the output over a long distance. It supports 4K/60Hz up to 114.8' (35m), 4K/30Hz up to 164' (50m), or 1080p/60Hz up to 196.8' (60m) using CAT6/6a/7 cable.
HDMI 2.0b (18Gbps): The SP14CAT50's 1x4 Splitter is equipped with one HDMI input and one HDMI loop output. Each Receiver is equipped with a single HDMI output. The HDMI input and output meet HDMI 2.0b specifications with support for 18Gbps video bandwidth, 4K @ 60Hz video resolution, 3D video @ 1080p , HDR (High Dynamic Range), and HDCP 2.2.
- 4K Resolution: Supports video formats up to 4k @ 24/30Hz (RGB / YcbCR 4:4:4 / YCBCR 4:2:2); and up to 4k @ 50/60Hz (YCBCR 4:4:4). It also offers support for 480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i, and 1080p.
- HDR (High Dynamic Range): Supported HDR formats included HDR10, HDR10+, and Dolby Vision.
- HDCP 2.2: HDCP 2.2 is short for "High bandwidth Digital Content Protection" and is used for 4K video copyright protection for compatibility with Ultra HD Blu-ray players and 4K Satellite/Cable providers. Its also backward compatible with HDCP 1.4.
HDMI Loop Out: The SP14CAT50 includes a HDMI "Loop Out" at the 1x4 Splitter that allows you to output the HDMI audio/video input signal to a display or TV in the same room as the Splitter, or connect to an additional AV distribution device for cascading.
Ethernet (RJ45) Ports: The SP14CAT50's 1x4 Splitter is outfitted with four Ethernet (RJ45) output ports, while each Receiver is equipped with a single Ethernet (RJ45) input port. CAT6, CAT6a, or CAT7 cable will need to be run from the 1x4 Splitter to each Receiver.
Audio Out: Audio can be output over CAT6/6a/7 cable, as well as from the analog & digital breakouts.
- Audio Pass-Through: The SP14CAT50 will pass-through an HDMI audio signal over CAT6/6a/7 cable with a sampling rate up to 192kHz. Supported HDMI audio formats include LPCM (2/5.1/7.1ch), Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital+, Dolby TrueHD, Dolby Digital EX; as well as DTS, DTS-EX DTS 96/24, DTS-HD, and DT-HD Master Audio; as well as Dolby Atmos and DTS:X.
- Analog & Digital Breakouts: The SP14CAT50 also has a coaxial (RCA) digital output and a 3.5mm analog minijack output for audio breakout at the 1x4 Splitter to connect to an AV receiver or integrated amplifier.. The coaxial digital out will support PCM (2ch), Dolby Digital (5.1ch), and DTS (5.1ch); while the 3.5mm minijack output is only 2ch stereo.
EDID Management: Simplified MFG SP14CAT50 offers EDID (Extended Display Identification Data) management through 5-dip switches that are located on the side of the 1x4 Splitter. See page 7 of the User Manual for EDID settings which will dictate video and audio output.
IR Control: The Simplified MFG SP14CAT50 HDMI Over Ethernet Splitter/Extender Kit also includes four IR receivers and one blaster to transmit IR signals from the Receivers and your connected displays back to the Transmitter and your HDMI connected source device.
Power Requirements: The 1x4 Splitter includes an AC power adapter that will need to be plugged into an AC wall outlet or surge protector (sold separately - see Accessories Tab). The four Receivers get their power from the 1x4 Splitter over they CAT6/6a/7 cable connection.
Mounting Options: The 1x4 Splitter and four Receivers can simply be table-top mounted next to your HDMI source component and display monitors or TVs.
- 1x4 Splitter Dimensions: 8.3125" (w) x 1.0625" (h) x 4.625" (d)
- Receiver Dimensions: 3.875" (w) x 0.8125" (h) x 2.5" (d)