About the Rockustics Cherry Bomb (CB5)
A compact full-range outdoor speaker
A compact full-range outdoor speaker
Rockustics takes an innovative view toward outdoor sound, and this speaker is one of the fascinating results of that approach. The Cherry Bomb offers full-range sound, thanks to a 5” band-pass subwoofer, a 4” midrange woofer, and a 3/4” dome tweeter in a single enclosure.
It can be partially buried in your garden or patio area, so it's mostly heard and not seen. And the top speaker assembly features tilt and pan angle adjustments, so you can aim sound where it's needed most.
For home or business use
The Cherry Bomb features a built-in 64-watt transformer, so it can operate as part of a 70-volt commercial sound system. It also has 8-ohm bypass for compatibility with standard home amps and receivers.
Sound stays in phase
Sometimes, when your subwoofer is in a different location from your mid- and high-range drivers, you may get mismatched, muddy sound or audible delay. The Cherry Bomb eliminates those "phase" issues by keeping all three parts of the speaker in one cabinet.
- full-range speaker in a partial-burial outdoor enclosure
- 5" dual-chamber band-pass subwoofer
- 4" long-throw polyethylene midrange woofer
- 3/4" titanium dome tweeter
- 64-watt 70V transformer with 8-ohm bypass
- maximum program power: 100 watts
- frequency response: 42-22,000 Hz
- pan and tilt angle adjustments let you aim sound where it's needed most
Dimensions and warranty:
- 10-11/16" diameter x 26-1/2" height
- weight: 15.6 lbs.
- warranty: 10 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # CHERRY BOMB
What's in the box:
- 1 Landscape speaker (attached speaker wires)
Rockustics Cherry Bomb (CB5) reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Rockustics Cherry Bomb (CB5)
Features & specs
|Tweeter Size (inches)||0.75|
|Midrange Size (inches)||N/A|
|Woofer Size (inches)||5" and 4"|
|Power Range (watts)||up to 50|
|Frequency Response||50-20K Hz|
|Connector Type||Bare wire|
|Depth (inches)|| |
|Parts Warranty||10 Yr driver/3yrs elec.|
|Labor Warranty||10 Yr driver/3yrs elec.|
Overview: The Rockustics Cherry Bomb three-way full-range speaker is the perfect audio solution for any landscaped environment. Its semi-buried low-profile design allows it to blend in with the surroundings while providing rich, clear sound.
Drivers: The Cherry Bomb's patented 3-way speaker design features a 5" dual-chamber band-pass subwoofer, housed in the lower "submerged" section, along with a coaxially mounted, 4", long-throw poly woofer and 3/4" titanium tweeter housed in the upper "above ground" section. The subwoofer section includes an above-ground port with a protective ABS cover to shield against water and dirt ingress. With low, mid, and high frequencies all originating from the same enclosure, the Cherry Bomb can output fully phase-matched sound; its all-in-one design also makes installation easier by eliminating the need for installing multiple drivers in different locations.
Wiring: The Cherry Bomb includes an internal 70V transformer, providing a preset 64W of power, along with an 8Ω bypass connection allowing it to handle up to 50W RMS (100W peak power).
- 70V: The in-ground speaker comes pre-configured for 70V installation with a Green and a Red wire tied together, and a Black and a White wire tied together, with the remaining Yellow (+) and Blue (-) wires getting attached to the 70V amplifier output (sold separately).
- 8Ω: For this type of installation, the Green/Red and Black/White combinations need to be separated with the Green (+) and Black (-) getting attached to the amp's output. All remaining wires get capped off.
Installation: The landscape speaker's low-profile, semi-burial design allows it to remain mostly hidden from view. In-ground installation requires a 12" diameter hole to be dug up to 19" deep. This allows enough depth for the addition of the recommended 2"-3" of gravel or crushed rock underneath the speaker enclosure. The speaker can sit higher out of the ground as long as the wiring is at least 2" below the final landscaping grade. The upper section of the speaker, housing the 4" woofer and 3/4" tweeter, can easily be tilted and rotated for fine-tuning sound coverage after installation.
Note: The port vent should not be below ground-level or covered with dirt.
- Frequency Response (+/-3dB): 50Hz - 20kHz
- Frequency Response (+/-10dB): 42Hz - 22kHz
- Max. Program Power: 100W
- Max. Continuous Power: 50W
- 70V Tap Setting: 64W (factory preset)
- 70V/8Ω Selection: Wire leads
- Nominal Impedance: 8Ω
- Sensitivity (@2.83V/1M): 83.0dB
- Maximum SPL @ 1M: 100dB
- LF: 5" and 4", Polypropylene cones w/ rubber surrounds
- HF: 0.75" Titanium dome
- Inputs: Bare wire leads
- Diameter: 10.63"
- Height: 26.50"
- Visible Height (after installation): Approx. 10.50"
- Weight: 15.6 lbs.
3 questions already asked