About the SoundTube IPD4-CM62-BGM
An active in-ceiling master speaker
An active in-ceiling master speaker
The SoundTube IPD4-CM62-BGM looks like a standard in-ceiling speaker, but it has some cool tricks up its sleeve. This speaker receives power, signal, and control data from the SoundTube STNet Switch (sold separately) via an Ethernet cable. And it has wire terminal outputs, so it can serve as the master speaker in a zone by passing power and signal to three additional passive speakers.
It sounds great, too, thanks to a 6-1/2" poly woofer, a 1" silk dome tweeter, and a steel back enclosure with a tuned port for extended bass response.
The benefits of PoE (Power-over-Ethernet)
This speaker works as part of a SoundTube Dante™ system, which distributes uncompressed digital sound over inexpensive Ethernet cable. The STNet Switch delivers 40 watts of power via a CAT-5 or CAT-6 cable. SoundTube software lets you configure and equalize multiple speakers, assign them to zones, and receive instant troubleshooting feedback.
Get a free system design
- 6-1/2" poly woofer with butyl rubber surround and 1" silk dome tweeter
- IP-addressable, self-powered (PoE) speaker
- wire terminals pass power and signal to up to three additional speakers
- BroadBeam Ring™ technology for wide off-axis performance
- 91° horizontal coverage area
- drawn steel back enclosure with tuned port for extended bass response
- power handling: accepts 40 watts continuous program power from STNet Switch (sold separately)
- frequency response: 54-20,000 Hz (±3dB)
- maximum SPL: 95 dB
- tile bridge, conduit clamp, and paint shield included
- painted steel grille
- fixed-wing mounting arms make installation easier
- cutout diameter: 9-11/16"
- depth: 5-3/4"
- weight: 8 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # IPD4-CM62-BGM-WH
What's in the box:
- One in-ceiling speaker (white)
- Grill w/attached safety restraint
- Terminal cover plate
- Conduit clamp
- 6-Pin Euroblock connector
- Paint guard
- Installation instructions
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the SoundTube IPD4-CM62-BGM
Features & specs
|Drivers per speaker||2|
|Woofer Size (inches)||6.5|
|Tweeter Size (inches)||1.0|
|System Frequency response||54-20k|
|Peak Power rating||---|
Overview: The Soundtube IPD4-CM62-BGM is a blind-mount, in-ceiling speaker featuring a coaxially mounted 6-1/2" woofer and a 1" silk-dome tweeter with BroadBeam Ring mount. Designed specifically to be used in a Dante-addressable distribution system, the speaker is ideal for indoor paging and background music in hotels, restaurants, airports, churches, and similar applications.
Drivers: The IPD4-CM62-BGM features a 6-1/2" polypropylene woofer with a butyl rubber surround along with a 1" silk dome tweeter, all mounted in a sealed steel backcan enclosure. The speaker utilizes Soundtube's BroadBeam Ring technology along with a tuned port on the front baffle for improved midrange clarity and smooth off-axis performance. This combination delivers high efficiency and performance across the operating bandwidth with a bass response down to 50 Hz (-10db).
Enclosure: The IPD4-CM62-BGM is housed in a galvanized steel backcan with an ABS plastic front baffle along with a painted steel-mesh grill. The grill can be painted to match the room color and includes an attached safety restraint lanyard. The IPD4-CM62-BGM enclosure carries both UL60065 and UL2043 certifications and is CE and RoHS approved.
Dante Powered: The Dante networking system utilizes PoE (Power over Ethernet) to provide low-latency digital audio, control, and power via a standard CAT5 or CAT6 cable. Up to 40 watts of power per speaker are provided by a Soundtube STNet-Switch (sold separately), or they can be connected to Standard PoE plus and PoE switches. Since the speaker is IP addressable, setup and configuration is all be done via software. A rear-panel barrel connector allows the speaker to be powered from an optional 24 VDC power supply when used in non-PoE installations.
Mounting: Installation of the speaker is done blind-mount using Soundtube's proprietary SpeedWing mounting arms. Two constant-tension, winged assemblies come pre-mounted to the speaker. Once the speaker is slid into the ceiling opening 2 Phillips-head screws on the front of the speaker are tightened. This expands out the SpeedWing mounting arms providing tension on the backside of the mounting surface. The IPD4-CM62-BGM can be mounted to ceilings ranging in thickness from 0.035 to 2.38 inches, including drop-ceilings using the optional Tile Bridge (not included). Three secondary attachment points are provided on the back of the speaker for an additional safety line.
Outputs: Along with the RJ45 and 24 VDC inputs on the rear of the speaker is a 6-pin Euroblock Output connector for adding up to 3 additional standard Soundtube CM62-BGM speakers. Powering and configuration of these is also be done via the Dante software. When combined with three additional speakers, the four-speaker cluster can be split and configured to handle two separate channels of audio. Input power is shared among speakers connected to the IPD4-CM62-BGM when powered from a Dante system.
- Speaker Type: 6.5", coaxial, in-ceiling
- Woofer: 6.5" Polypropylene cone with butyl rubber surround
- Tweeter: 1" Silk dome w/ BroadBeam Ring
- Frequency Response (-3 dB): 54Hz - 20kHz
- Frequency Response (-10 dB): 50Hz - 22kHz
- Maximum SPL: 95.0dB
- Coverage Angle (-6dB @ 2kHz): 114˚
- Coverage Angle (-6dB @ 10kHz): 102˚
- Coverage Angle (Avg. 2 to 10kHz): 91˚
- Crossover Frequency: 4.0kHz
- Enclosure Material: Ported drawn-steel backcan, ABS front baffle
- Grill: Painted steel-mesh
- Inputs: RJ45 Ethernet port
- Dimensions: Diameter - 11.750", Depth (incl. grill) - 6.50"
- Mounting Depth: 5.750"
- Cutout Diameter: 10.50"
- Maximum Ceiling Thickness: 0.035" to 2.38"
- Weight: 8.0 lbs.