About the Phase Tech OS-440
Get a free system design
A power amp for outdoor systems
This amp adds flexibility in building your outdoor sound system. It provides four channels of power at 40 watts each and is designed to be mounted in a waterproof box and operate in humid outdoor conditions.
The amp has digital and analog wired inputs, plus Wi-Fi®, Bluetooth®, and Chromecast® built in, so you can stream music wirelessly. It can even create its own Wi-Fi access hotspot so you can use your devices outside.
Not rated for exposure to prolonged direct sunlight, precipitation, or direct contact with water.
Convenient control options
You can use a button on the back to switch between sources, or use the convenient MSE-OS app so you don't have to move from that perfect sunny spot. If you're a fan of voice control, you're in luck: this amp is compatible with Amazon Echo devices.
- 80 watts into 8 ohms (bridged) with 2 channels driven
- 40 watts x 4 at 4 ohms
- Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and Chromecast built in
- can create its own Wi-Fi access hotspot
- dual tri-band antennas for strong, fast wireless connections
- compatible with voice control via Amazon Echo devices
- source selection via button on back panel, or MSE-OS app for iOS® and Android™
- one digital Toslink optical input
- one analog stereo RCA input
- two bridgeable Euroblock speaker-level outputs
- signal to noise ratio: 82 dB
- not rated for exposure to prolonged direct sunlight, precipitation, or direct contact with water.
- AC power cable
Dimensions and warranty:
- 4"W x 1-1/4"H x 4-7/8"D
- weight: 3.7 lbs.
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # OS-440
What's in the box:
- 1 Amplifier
- 2 Tri-band antennas
- 2 Euroblock connectors
- AC Power cord
- 1 Screwdriver
- 8 Screws
- 3 Wire-ties
Phase Tech OS-440 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Phase Tech OS-440
Overview: The Phase Tech (Rockustics) OS-440 is the industry's first outdoor smart amplifier designed for powering indoor and outdoor speakers around pool areas, patios, courtyards, and other indoor or outdoor venues.
Note: The OS-440 should not be exposed to prolonged direct sunlight, precipitation, or come in direct contact with water. If installed outdoors, the amplifier should be mounted inside a cabinet or weather-proof housing (not included).
Output: The OS-440 features 4 channels x 40 watts (4Ω) or can be bridged for 2 channels x 80 watts (8Ω). Speaker wire connections are done with two 4-pin Euroblock connectors.
Sources: The versatile OS-440 can accept multiple input sources. Selection for each can be done either from the side-panel Source selector or from your smartphone or tablet using the MSE OS-App (network connection required). Available sources include the following:
- RCA: A pair of analog RCA inputs allows playback from devices like CD and home media players. This also works for inputting sound from a portable device like a smartphone or tablet.
- Optical: Lets you play back 2-channel PCM digital audio from devices with an optical digital output, such as a DVD/Blu-Ray player or TV.
- WiFi: The OS-440 can connect to your home wireless network letting you stream music from your smartphone or tablet on the same network. The amp is also DLNA compliant, allowing it to stream from a music server on the same network. It includes built-in Chromecast and is compatible with Amazon Echo devices for voice control.
- WiFi Direct: The built-in WiFi Direct feature allows the OS-440 to become a "hotspot" giving you a WiFi connection when out of range of your home network. This lets you stream music from smartphones or tablets connected to the OS-440's own Wifi network.
Note: In WiFi Direct mode, the OS-440 and the connected device will not have internet access.
- Bluetooth: Built-in Bluetooth technology lets you stream music directly from your Bluetooth enabled device without the need for a WiFi connection.
MSE OS-App: All setup configuration and operational control of the OS-440 can be done using the MSE OS-App for iOS and Android devices, available at the Apple App and Google Play Stores. From the app you can adjust the Volume, select Sources, adjust Bass and Treble settings, and more.
Installation: The OS-440 amp is designed for operation in humid outdoor settings, but should be mounted in an area that protects it from direct sunlight, rain, and water splashing from any direction. The OS-440 is NOT designed to be submerged or partially submerged in water, or sprayed with pressurized water.
1 question already asked