About the SoundTube SM52-EZ-WX
Solid sound, indoors or out
Get started with
a free system design
After we gather your information, we’ll send you a detailed system plan. It will include a link to a pre-filled shopping cart. Ordering is easy, and delivery is fast.
Solid sound, indoors or out
The SoundTube SM52-EZ-WX is a weather-resistant speaker that can be mounted horizontally or vertically, indoors or out. It features a 5-1/4" woofer and 1" soft dome tweeter that make sure customers hear music and important announcements.
A built-in transformer tap lets you use one amplifier to drive several speakers in an efficient distributed audio system. Mounting hardware is included.
- weather-resistant 5-1/4" poly woofer with butyl rubber surround
- 1" soft dome tweeter with Broadbeam Ring™ waveguide technology for wide dispersion
- 95° x 100° coverage area
- built-in transformer for use with 70-volt commercial systems
- power taps at 2, 4, 8,16 and 32 watts
- 8-ohm transformer bypass
- power handling: 50 watts continuous program power (when using transformer bypass)
- frequency response: 80-20,000 Hz (±3dB)
- maximum SPL: 100 dB
- can be mounted horizontally or vertically with included U-bracket and hardware
- powder-coated aluminum grille
Dimensions and warranty:
- 7-3/4"W x 12"H x 8-11/16"D
- weight: 7.4 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # SM52-EZ-WX-BK
What's in the box:
- Surface-mount speaker (black)
- Rear cover plate
- Port plug (installed)
- 3/4" Conduit connector
- 10" Safety cable
- 2 Logo screw-caps
- 4mm Allen key
- Two 12mm machine-screws
- Four 5/8" screws
- Installation instructions
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the SoundTube SM52-EZ-WX
Features & specs
|Drivers per speaker||2|
|Woofer Size (inches)||5.25|
|Tweeter Size (inches)||1.0|
|System Frequency response||80Hz-20kHz|
|Peak Power rating||N/A|
Overview: The Soundtube SM52-EZ-WX is a commercial 25/70/100 volt surface-mount speaker featuring a 5.25" coaxial driver mounted in a weather-resistant enclosure that's designed for both indoor and outdoor applications. The commercial speaker includes a versatile mounting bracket that allows the speaker to be mounted vertically or horizontally with precise aiming adjustment. A full frequency dispersion pattern and high driver sensitivity provide superb intelligibility for foreground and background music and messaging. The SM52-EZ-WX surface-mount speaker is ideal for retail and amusement applications, airports, hotels, schools, casinos, and more.
Two-Way Driver Design: The SM52-EZ-WX features a 5.25" woofer, with polypropylene cone and butyl rubber surround, and a coaxially mounted 1" soft dome tweeter with waveguide. Utilizing Soundtube's BroadBeam Ring technology, the speaker can provide enhanced midrange clarity and an ultra-wide dispersion pattern up to 10kHz for maximum coverage area per speaker.
Weather-Proof Enclosure: The SM52-EZ-WX is part of Soundtube's WX (Weather Extreme) series speakers, featuring weather-proof drivers, a sealed enclosure, and stainless steel components. The ported enclosure is constructed of injection-molded, high-impact Polystyrene (HIPS) with a powder-coated aluminum grille. A port plug is pre-installed in the enclosure giving it an IP65 weather-proof rating for outdoor use. The port plug can be removed for indoor use, providing a deeper bass response.
Note: The port plug must be installed to maintain the speaker's IP65 outdoor rating.
Multi-tap Transformer: The SM52-EZ-WX features a built-in 32 watt multi-tap transformer for 25-, 70-, or 100-volt installations. There is also an 8Ω bypass position for installations that do not require a transformer. Tap settings are made using the rear-panel rotary switch. A rear cover plate and conduit connector are provided to maintain weather-proof integrity. Tap settings include the following:
- 25 Volt: 0.3W, 0.5W, 1W, 2W, and 4W
- 70 Volt : 2W, 4W, 8W, 16W, and 32W
- 100 Volt: 4W, 8W, 16W, and 32W
- Bypass Setting: 8-Ohm nominal
Terminal Strip: A 4-position ceramic terminal block is provided for wiring connections. One set of terminals provides the signal input while the other set provides a paralleled pass-thru for daisy-chaining multiple speakers. Each terminal can accommodate speaker wire up to 8-gauge in size and includes a set-screw to hold the wire firmly in place.
Mounting Bracket: The SM52-EZ-WX includes a U-bracket that allows the speaker to be mounted vertically or horizontally to a flat surface. The U-bracket also provides a wide tilt-range for precise aiming of the speaker. A 10" safety cable is also provided.
- Speaker Type: Coaxial, surface-mount, ported or sealed
- Woofer: 5.25" Polypropylene cone with butyl rubber surround
- Tweeter: 1" Soft dome with waveguide
- Impedance (nominal): 8Ω
- Sensitivity (1W @ 1M): 83dB
- Frequency Response (-3 dB): 80Hz - 20kHz
- Frequency Response (-10 dB): 62Hz - 22kHz
- Maximum Program Power: 100W
- Maximum Continuous Power: 50W
- Maximum SPL: 100dB
- Coverage Angle (-6dB @ 2kHz): 90˚ horizontal / 120˚ vertical
- Coverage Angle (-6dB @ 10kHz): 70˚ horizontal / 110˚ vertical
- Coverage Angle (Avg. 2 to 10kHz): 95˚ horizontal / 100˚ vertical
- Crossover Frequency: 3.5kHz
- Tap Settings:
- 25 Volt: 0.3W, 0.5W, 1W, 2W, 4W
- 70 Volt: 2W, 4W, 8W, 16W, 32W
- 100 Volt: 4W, 8W, 16W, 32W
- 8Ω: Bypass
- Enclosure Material: Injection-molded, high-impact Polystyrene (HIPS)
- Grille: Aluminum with powder-coat finish
- Inputs: 4-Position ceramic terminal block
- Speaker Dimensions: Width: 7.69", Height: 11.94", Depth: 6.66" / 8.91" (w/ bracket installed)
- Weight: 7.4 lbs.