About the SoundTube SM890i
Get a free system design
Wide, adjustable coverage for large spaces
The sound from a standard speaker can get lost in a large, open room. The SoundTube SM890i has a little extra "oomph," thanks to an 8" woofer, extended power handling, and a rotating horn that lets you aim the speaker's high-frequency output. BroadBeamHP® waveguide technology provides a wide 98° x 71° coverage area.
Rated for outdoor use
This speaker carries SoundTube's weather-resistant WX rating. A dual layer of hydrophobic material inside the powder-coated steel grille keeps water from the drivers and internal electronics in extreme weather conditions, so you can mount it in an outdoor seating area.
Convenient mounting options
Included Stealth™ mounting hardware gives you even more flexibility. It's compatible with pole- and surface-mounting, and an internal wedge cam allows up to 90° of variation in the mounting angle.
- 8" poly woofer and 1-7/16" compression transducer
- weather-resistant WX-rated design allows outdoor use
- rotating bayonet-mounted horn lets you aim sound where it's needed
- BroadBeamHP® waveguide technology disperses sound over a wide area
- coverage area: 98° vertical x 71° horizontal
- built-in transformer for use with 70-volt commercial systems
- power taps at 10, 19, 38, 75 and 150 watts
- 8-ohm transformer bypass
- power handling: 300 watts continuous program power (when using transformer bypass)
- frequency response: 100-22,000 Hz (-3dB)
- maximum SPL: 115 dB
- proprietary Stealth™ bracket mounting system
- internal wedge cam allows 90° of adjustment
- compatible with pole- and surface-mounting
- powder-coated steel grille with tool-free locking system
- 11-11/16"W x 18-13/16"H x 14"D
- weight: 21 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # SM890I-WH
What's in the box:
- One surface-mount speaker (white)
- Mounting bracket
- 4-Pin Euroblock connector
- Terminal weather boot
- 12" Safety cable w/attached snap-hook
- 5mm Allen key
- Fifteen 4" wire-ties
- Plastic paint guard
- Installation sheet
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the SoundTube SM890i
Features & specs
|Drivers per speaker||2|
|Woofer Size (inches)||8|
|Tweeter Size (inches)||1.42|
|System Frequency response||100-22k|
|Peak Power rating||---|
Overview: The Soundtube SM890i is a commercial 25/70/100 volt surface mount speaker featuring a 8" woofer and a 1.42" high frequency compression driver mounted in a ported enclosure. Designed for both indoor and outdoor applications, the speaker features a full frequency dispersion pattern and a high SPL output, making it ideal for short to medium throw PA and sound reinforcement applications. The SM890i is ideal for convention centers, casinos, gyms, night clubs, arenas, theme parks and more.
Two-Way Driver Design: The SM890i features an 8" treated fiber woofer with a cloth surround, along with a 1.42" high frequency compression driver. Utilizing Soundtube's patented BroadBeamHP waveguide technology, the speaker can deliver a consistent dispersion pattern for maximum intelligibility and edge-to-edge coverage. The bayonet-mounted high compression horn driver can be rotated tool-free, allowing the 110˚ x 85˚ coverage angle to be tailored for each application.
Enclosure: Engineered with corrosion-resistant materials for indoor and outdoor use, the SM890i features a glass fiber reinforced, injection-molded ABS enclosure with a powder coated steel grill, both of which can be painted.
Multi-tap Transformer: The SM890i includes a 150 watt multi-tap transformer for 25-, 70-, or 100-volt installations. There is also a bypass position that allows normal 8-ohm operation for installations that do not require a transformer. Tap settings are done on a rear-mounted rotary switch with each setting numbered 1 - 6. Each number corresponds to a tap wattage based on the incoming voltage from the amplifier, and includes the following choices:
|6||8Ω Bypass||8Ω Bypass||8Ω Bypass|
Terminal Strip: A 4-position Euroblock (Phoenix) connector on the rear of the speaker is provided for wiring connections. One set of terminals provides the signal input while the other set provides a paralleled pass-thru for daisy-chaining multiple speakers. Each terminal can accommodate speaker wire up to 12 gauge in size and includes a set-screw to hold the wire firmly in place.
Mounting Bracket: Wall-mounting the speaker is done with the included low-profile Stealth bracket that screws to the mounting surface. The rear of the speaker features an internal wedge cam that mates up with the wall-bracket arms, allowing the speaker to be easily and precisely aimed from 0 to 90 degrees. The speaker is then locked into place by tightening the Clamp-knob on top of the enclosure using only the included Allen-key. The rear panel also includes a mounting ring to attach the included 12" safety cable.
- Speaker Type: 8", ported, surface-mount
- Woofer: 8" Treated paper cone with cloth surround
- Tweeter: 1.42" Titanium compression driver with waveguide
- Impedance (nominal): 8Ω
- Sensitivity (1W @ 1M): 93dB
- Frequency Response (-3 dB): 100Hz - 22kHz
- Frequency Response (-10 dB): 63Hz - 22kHz
- Maximum Program Power: 300W
- Maximum Continuous Power: 150
- Coverage Angle (-6dB @ 2kHz): 77˚ horizontal / 90˚ vertical
- Coverage Angle (-6dB @ 10kHz): 89˚ horizontal / 127˚ vertical
- Coverage Angle (Avg. 2 to 10kHz): 71˚ horizontal / 98˚ vertical
- Crossover Frequency: 2.5kHz
- Tap Settings:
- 25 Volt: 1.3W, 2.5W, 5W, 10W, and 19W
- 70 Volt: 10W, 19W, 38W, 75W, and 150W
- 100 Volt: 19W, 38W, 75W, and 150W
- Enclosure Material: Glass fiber reinforced, injection molded ABS
- Grill: Powder-coated steel-mesh
- Input/Output: 4-Position Euroblock connector
- Dimensions: Width - 18.875", Height - 11.750", Depth - 10.750" (w/o bracket) / 13.750" (w/bracket)
- Weight: 21 lbs.