About the Panamax MIW Power-Pro PFP
Install the Panamax MIW Power-Pro PFP behind your wall-mounted flat-panel TV to protect your set against power surges and unsafe overvoltage conditions. Its two recessed outlets not only safeguard your TV and another device, but they also include built-in noise filtration to improve your gear's performance. And a voltage monitoring circuit disconnects power if the voltage reaches an unsafe level, then automatically reconnects power when safe voltage returns. This is also a great solution for a ceiling-mounted projector.
Note: Installation by a licensed electrician is recommended.
- 2 recessed, surge-protected AC outlets
- ultra-thin profile
- surge and overvoltage protection
- Level 1 noise filtration improves performance of connected gear
- line fault (overvoltage) and power status LED indicators
- 15-amp total current capacity
- 546-joule surge protection
- UL 1449 rating: 330V
- compatible with most standard electrical boxes an electrical box is not included
- CSA-certified for in-home use
- 4-13/16"W x 4-13/16"H x 2-5/16"D
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # MIWPWRPRO
What's in the box:
- MAX in-wall power outlet enclosure with three 6" wires
- 3 Wire nuts
- 4 Flat-head mounting screws (Length=1-1/8")
- Installation Instructions
- Warranty sheet
Panamax MIW Power-Pro PFP Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Panamax MIW Power-Pro PFP
Features & specs
|Total AC Outlets||2|
|Powerline Network Compatible||No|
|Connected Equipment Guarantee||N/A|
|Parts Warranty||3 Years|
|Labor Warranty||3 Years|
Overview: The MIW-Power-Pro-PFP provides safe and noise-free filtered AC power to a remotely installed flat panel TV or ceiling-mounted projector. The outlet faceplate hides discreetly behind the installed component for a neat, professional installation, without the bulky power strips or hanging power wires. The MIW-Power-Pro-PFP faceplate requires a 4" wide by 3-3/4" high hole in the wall for the outlet box (not included).
Installation Precaution: It is required that there must be at least 30 feet of wire between the electrical outlet and the electrical service panel. This is because of the UL 3rd Edition Standard for a Type 3 device.
Power Outlets: The MIW-Power-Pro-PFP has two recessed standard 3-pronged AC receptacles. The opening for the outlets is 1-9/16" wide by 2-5/8" high by 1/2" deep, and can accommodate most straight 3-pronged power plugs. Right-angled power cords may not fit properly, or may prevent more than one component to be plugged in at a time.
Voltage Monitoring Circuit: The built-in Voltage Monitoring Circuit protects equipment against prolonged over-voltages or under-voltages by disconnecting the power, then reconnecting it when safe power returns. The over-voltage shutoff point is 142 VAC (+/- 5 VAC), while the under-voltage shutoff is 84 VAC (+/- 6 VAC). A Line Fault LED on the faceplate will glow as long as the unsafe voltage condition exists.
Power On Indicator: A blue LED on the faceplate will glow to indicate power is being supplied to the outlets of the MIW-Power-Pro-PFP.
Surge Protection: The MIW-Power-Pro-PFP provides a catastrophic surge circuit and thermal fusing to protect your connected equipment from power surges and spikes.
- Line Voltage: 120V, 50/60 Hz
- Total Current Capacity: 15A
- Voltage Protection Rating (UL 1449 3rd Edition, 3000A): 500 V
- Energy Dissipation: 546 Joules
- Peak Impulse Current: 32,500 A
- Noise Filtration: Level 1
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?