About the Panamax M8-HT
The Panamax M8-HT provides protection for your audio/video components, including cable or digital satellite TV systems. This power conditioner shields against harmful spikes and power fluctuations, and filters out the RF (radio frequency) and electromagnetic interference that can degrade your system's performance.
The M8-HT features eight fully protected AC outlets, conveniently spaced to allow for bulky transformers. You get three sets of protected coaxial input/output jacks for a cable, antenna, or digital satellite TV connections. There's also a protected telephone line input/output.
The M8-HT reacts in less than a nanosecond during a spike, breaking the connection to protect your equipment. The six-foot power cord has a right-angle plug that hugs the wall, for an easy fit behind a chair or sofa. You can also mount this conditioner on your wall for out-of-the-way placement.
Read our blog post Better home audio, Tip #12: Use a power conditioner.
- Protect or Disconnect circuitry
- 8 AC outlets
- 3 sets of coaxial input/output jacks (for cable, antenna, or satellite TV)
- telephone line protection with splitter
- 6-foot power cord
- 1650-joule surge protection
- UL 1449 Rating: 330V
- response time: less than 1 nanosecond
- wall-mountable (brackets and hardware included)
- 12-1/8"W x 1-13/16"H x 4-15/16"D
- lifetime $5,000,000 connected equipment warranty (covers equipment damaged by an AC or signal line surge while connected to properly installed Panamax surge protector); valid only in the United States and Canada
- lifetime product warranty
- MFR # M8-HT
What's in the box:
- Power Conditioner with attached 6' power cord
- Two 42" RG-6 coax cables with threaded male F-type connectors on each end
- 48" Telephone cable with an RJ-11 connector on each end
- 3 Mounting screws
- 3 Spacer eyelets
- 3 Wall inserts
- Instructions sheet (English/Spanish/French)
- Warranty sheet (English/Spanish/French)
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Panamax M8-HT
Features & specs
|Total AC Outlets||---|
|Powerline Network Compatible||---|
|Connected Equipment Guarantee||---|
Connections, Controls and Indicators
8 Outlets: The Panamax M8-HT Power Conditioner features eight filtered and surge protected outlets.
Surge Protection: The M8-HT features exclusive protect and disconnect circuitry to prevent damage to your equipment in the event of a catastrophic surge such as lightning by completely disconnecting AC power to connected equipment.
Power Cleaning Filtration: The Panamax M8-HT's Power Cleaning and Filtration eliminates common symptoms of contaminated power (including loss of detail, pops, hisses, hums and visual artifacts) and allow your A/V equipment to perform up to its full capability.
Automatic Voltage Monitoring (AVM): The M8-HT senses sustained voltages that are high enough to cause damage to your components, and shuts the power down before damage can occur to your equipment.
Coax Protection: The M8-HT features three sets of threaded coaxial inputs and outputs to protect equipment from electrical surges that travel over Cable, Satellite, and Antenna lines.
Hi Definition Ready: The Panamax M8-HT has been designed to work with your High Definition system. The M8-HT's coaxial protection circuits achieve optimum signal quality that have the less than 0.5dB of attenuation from 0MHz to 2.2GHz. The upgraded coaxial protection has been specifically designed to virtually eliminate signal loss. The clamping level 75 V will meet the demands of both cable and satellite voltage while minimizing exposure to damaging spikes and surges.
Telephone Line Protection: The M8-HT is equipped with a RJ-11 telephone jack input and two RJ-11 telephone jack outputs which protect equipment from electrical surges that travel over Telephone and network lines.
Lifetime $5,000,000 Connected Equipment Warranty: Panamax will replace or repair equipment that is damaged by an AC or signal line surge while connected to a properly installed Panamax surge protector (up to $5,000,000).
Mounting: The M8-HT can be placed on a flat surface or mounted to your wall using the unit's integrated keyhole slot and attached wall bracket.
- 1-4 AC Outlets: four balanced double "L" filtration AC outlets
- 5-8 AC Outlets: four high current AC outlets
- SAT/CATV Inputs/Outputs (1, 2): 2 sets of gold-plated input/output universal threaded coax terminals
- ANT/CATV Input Output: 1 set of gold-plated input/output universal treaded coax terminals
- Telco Input/Outputs: RJ-11 input and two RJ-11 output jacks for connecting a telephone line
- Power/Reset: On/off power switch and circuit breaker combo
- Power On Protection OK: this LED illuminates green to indicates that the surge protector is functioning properly and that all connected equipment is protected
- Ground OK: this LED illuminates green to indicate that the wall outlet is properly wired and grounded
- Unsafe Voltage: this LED illuminates red to indicate that incoming voltages are unsafe and the surge protector has disconnected the power to your connected equipment
- Line Voltage: 120VAC, 50/60Hz
- Initial Clamping Level: 200V Peak, 141V RMS
- UL 1449 Suppression Rating: 330V
- Protection Modes: L-N, L-G, N-G
- Maximum Current Rating: 15A (1800W)
- Energy Dissipation: 1650 Joules
- Peak Impulse Current: 52,000 A
- EMI/RFI Noise Filtration: 50dB (100kHz-1MHz)
- Response Time: <1ns
- Clamping Level: 260V
- Capacitance: 30pF
- Suppression Modes: Metallic and Longitudinal
- Wires Protected: 2 wire, 1 pair (3,4)
- Connectors: RJ-11
Universal Coax Protection:
- Clamping Level: 75V
- Frequency Range: 0MHz-2.2GHz
- Insertion Loss: <0.5dB
- Connections: "F"-type
The Panamax M8-HT replaces these items
- 8 AC outlets
- 3 sets of coaxial inputs and outputs with EMI/RFI noise filtering
- power monitoring circuitry
- 8 AC outlets
- 1 set of coaxial inputs and outputs with EMI/RFI noise filtering
- power monitoring circuitry