About the Panamax M2-AV
The compact M2-AV plugs right into a standard AC wall outlet, and provides reliable protection for two components. Run your TV's cable or antenna feed through the M2-AV's coaxial jacks to fully protect your television or DVD recorder. The two AC outlets are placed on the sides to allow space-saving connections that let you move your furniture closer to the wall.
The M2-AV protects your gear without compromising performance. Its wide frequency range lets it easily pass high-definition cable TV signals.
- 2 side-mounted AC power outlets (always on)
- 1 set of coaxial input/output jacks for cable TV or antenna (F-type connectors)
- Protect or Disconnect circuitry safeguards equipment against all surges (disconnects AC power in the event of a lightning strike or other "catastrophic" surge)
- EMI/RFI noise filtering
- Signal Perfect cable TV surge protection
- initial clamping level: 200V
- response time: less than 1 nanosecond
- maximum current rating: 15A
- 1350-joule surge protection
- UL 1449 rating: 330V
- frequency range: 0 MHz - 2.2 GHz
- bi-directional for compatibility with digital cable services
- low insertion loss (less than 0.5dB)
- 3-1/4"W x 5-15/16"H x 2-3/16"D
- lifetime $5,000,000 connected equipment warranty
- lifetime product warranty
- MFR # MAX 2 AV
What's in the box:
- Surge protector
- 48" White RG6 coax cable with gold-plated F-connectors
- 4" Zip tie
- Installation instructions
- Warranty information
Panamax M2-AV reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Panamax M2-AV
Features & specs
|Total AC Outlets||2|
|Total Current Capacity||15A|
|Coaxial RF Jacks||Yes|
|Powerline Network Compatible||No|
|Connected Equipment Guarantee||$5,000,000|
Overview: This surge protector is designed to plug directly into a standard grounded wall outlet. It has two 3-prong outlets (one on each side), along with a gold-plated F-type coaxial cable input and output. It's designed to be used with electric equipment that also requires coax video signal protection, such as a TV, cable box, VCR, DVR, A/V receiver, cable modem, or satellite receiver.
Lifetime $5,000,000 Connected Equipment Warranty: Panamax will replace, pay to replace at fair market value, or pay to repair, up to $5,000,000 equipment that is damaged by an AC power or lightning surge while connected to a properly installed Panamax surge protector, if the surge protector shows signs of surge damage or is operating outside of design specifications. For conditions and information on how to make a claim please see the included information.
Protect or Disconnect Circuitry: This circuitry safeguards equipment against all surges, no matter how big. In the event of a catastrophic surge, such as lightning, it completely disconnects AC power from the connected equipment.
Catastrophic Surge Circuit: This circuit opens automatically preventing damage if surge exceeds protection capability.
Thermal Fuse: In case of extended over voltage, the thermal fuse shuts off power to connected equipment.
Diagnostic Indicators: This surge protector features Protection OK, Ground OK, and Line Fault lights to keep you informed of AC outlet status at all times.
Plugs Directly into Wall: The M2-AV protects two AC lines by easily plugging into wall. Side-mounted outlets allow furniture to be moved closer to wall and accommodate the widest range of plug styles.
SignalPerfect Technology: Optimized surge protection circuitry is shielded to ensure a clean, clear signal. It features solid-state components for maximum protection and reliability.
Power Cord Security: Power cords can be attached to the M2-AV using zip-ties; one is included.
- 2 AC Power Outlets: one on each side, they are always On
- Power/Protection OK: green LED, normally on; indicates that the surge protector is functioning properly, power is On, and it is protecting all connected equipment
- Line Fault: red LED, normally off; indicates the wall outlet is improperly wired or no ground is present
- Ground OK: green LED, normally on; indicates the wall outlet is properly grounded
- Initial Clamping Level: 200 Volts
- UL 1449 Suppression Rating: 400 volts L to N, 330 volts L to G and N to G
- Maximum Current Rating: 15A (1800 watts)
- EMI/RFI Noise Filtration: 50 dB (100kHz to 1 MHz)
- Response Time: less than 1 nanosecond
- Signal Pulse Energy Dissipation: 1350 Joules
- Peak Impulse Current: 52,000 amperes
- CATV/Satellite Clamping Level: 75 volts
- Frequency Range: 0 MHz - 2.2 GHz
- Insertion Loss: less than 0.5 dB
The Panamax M2-AV replaces these items