About the Panamax MB850
Continuous power provides ultimate protection for your gear
Continuous power provides ultimate protection for your gear
Safeguard your equipment and get the convenience of automatic battery backup with this uninterruptible power supply from Panamax. Connect up to nine components to the MB850's surge-protected outlets — five of which also provide battery power when the electricity goes out. In the event of a blackout or brownout, the built-in battery keeps your components up and running for between six minutes and two hours, depending on the amount of juice your system draws. This gives you time to shut down your system in a safe, orderly manner.
Includes nine surge-protected outlets, five with battery backup power.
How does battery backup power help?
An uninterruptible power supply reduces the hassles and even potential damage to your gear that can be caused by sudden outages. For instance, battery backup power helps you avoid losing programmed DVR recordings, unsaved video games, and convenient system settings.
Safe, clean power
The MB850 also gives you consistent, clean power which helps your system perform at its best. Automatic Voltage Monitoring (AVM) circuitry keeps outgoing AC power within an optimal voltage range for your home theater components.
You also get a set of in/out coaxial F-type connections for protecting your cable line or satellite receiver, plus ports for a phone line or Ethernet cable. The LCD display lets you closely monitor info such as voltage, battery capacity, and load level. And a line fault indicator alerts you to any faulty wiring within your system.
Note: This model is not recommended for use with amplifiers, receivers, or powered subwoofers.
- 850VA/510W uninterruptible power supply maintains power to components during blackouts and brownouts
- 5 battery-powered, surge-protected outlets
- 4 always on, surge-protected outlets (no battery backup)
- 890 Joule protection
- automatic voltage regulation circuitry for consistent power
- resettable circuit breaker
- front-panel LCD display shows input voltage level, output voltage level, battery capacity, estimated runtime, load level, and output power frequency
- front-panel indicators for on-battery mode, faulty wiring, and overload condition
- USB and serial ports for a connection to and communication with a home theater PC
- coaxial input and output for antenna/cable/satellite TV
- RJ-11/RJ-45 jacks for a telephone line, modem, or network cable
- removable bottom panel for battery access and replacement
- 4-3/8"W x 9-1/16"H x 11-3/16"D
- weight: 16 lbs.
- warranty: 3 years, 2 years on battery
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- not recommended for use with amplifiers, receivers, or powered subwoofers
- MFR # MB 850
What's in the box:
- Uninterruptible Power Supply
- 6' USB cable with a USB type-A connector on one end and a USB type-B connector on other end
- 6' RJ-45 cable
- 49" RG-6 coxial cable
- PowerPanel l Edition Management Software CD-ROM
- Warranty sheet
Panamax MB850 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Panamax MB850
Features & specs
|Total AC Outlets||9|
|Powerline Network Compatible||No|
|Connected Equipment Guarantee||$250,000|
|Parts Warranty||3 Years (2 Yrs battery)|
|Labor Warranty||3 Years (2 Yrs battery)|
Overview: The Panamax MB850 combines surge protection, battery backup, and automatic voltage regulation (AVR) to protect your home's audio/video components and computer gear. (Note: It should not be used with any amplifier or powered subwoofer.) The MB850 provides automatic voltage regulation for inconsistent utility power. The MB850 features 890 Joules of surge protection, and provides battery backup during power outages. The Panamax MB850 ensures consistent power to your computer system and its included software will automatically save your open files and shutdown your computer system during utility power loss.
Note: The Panamax UPS may be used immediately out of the box. However, recharging the batteries for at least 16 hours is recommended to ensure that the battery's maximum charge capacity is achieved.
Automatic Voltage Regulator (AVR): ;Automatic Voltage Regulation stabilizes input voltage to an appropriate level for optimal equipment performance by completely eliminating brownouts and overvoltages. Incoming utility power may be damaging to important data files, but with Automatic Voltage Regulation (AVR), the computer will not experience damaging voltage levels. An Automatic Voltage Regulator automatically increase low or decreases high voltage to a consistent, computer safe 110v/120v. The unit's powerful sealed lead-acid batteries will provide power only if the incoming voltage drops below 90v or increase above 140v.
Auto-Shutdown Software: The supplied PowerPanel Personal Edition software is designed to facilitate the operation of the MB850. It works with the battery backup to provide a complete power protection solution. There are three main functions of this software:
- Monitor the operation of the battery backup and AC utility power at all times.
- Customize your usage of the battery backup.
- Protect your system and prevent data loss when power problems occur.
Note: You will need to install the included software from the supplied CD-ROM on to your computer to take advantage of these features. The Power Panel Personal Edition Management Software is compatible with Windows 2000, 2003, XP, and Vista.
USB + Serial Port: The MB850's USB type-B port and RS-232 serial port allows your home theater PC to communicate with the UPS through a USB or serial port cable connection. The UPS communicates its status to the your PC using the supplied software when connected with a USB port. The serial port is only used with third party UPS software such as the Microsoft UPS Power Option of Windows 2000, XP, and Vista.
Note: The serial port and USB port cannot be used to control two computers concurrently. Only one port will function at a time.
5 Battery Powered and Surge Protected Outlets: The MB850's five battery powered/surge protected outlets provide continuous battery backup when power is interrupted. During power disruptions the Panamax MB850 Battery Backup provides constant power to your equipment, such as:
- Lamp Based Display: Prevent expensive lamp burnout in lamp based displays (cooling fan can continue to properly cool down lamp).
- DVR: Avoid loss of DVR recorded TV programming.
- Gaming: Prevent loss of unsaved games during saving and loading.
- HT System: Avoid the time and hassle of rebooting and configuring your home theater system.
Estimated Runtime In Minutes: The Panamax MDB850 provides up to 2 hours of battery backup. It offers the following estimated runtimes in minutes.
- DLP TV (260-watts) = 6 minutes
- HD Gaming Console = 12 minutes
- Satellite Receiver/Cable Box = 80 minutes
- Media Player = 80 minutes
- DVR/Tivo = 120 minutes
4 Fulltime Surge Protected Outlets: The Panamax MB850 offers 4 additional fulltime surge protected outlets that provide complete surge protection for equipment not requiring battery backup.
Ethernet Protection Ports: The Panamax MB850 is equipped with two RJ-45 ports to provide Phone, Modem, DSL, and/or Ethernet protection (Combination Ethernet or phone line protection).
Coax Connections: The MB850 features a pair of gold-plated, threaded coax connectors (1 in/1 out) that offer cable/satellite surge protection.
LCD Display: The Panamax MB850 features a front-panel LCD display which indicates the following:
- Input Voltage Level
- Output Voltage Level
- AVR Status Meter
- Battery Capacity
- Estimated Runtime
- Load Level
- Output Power Frequency Interrupted
Wiring Fault Indicator Light: This LED illuminates when wiring problems exist.
Resettable Circuit Breaker: The MB850 features a resettable circuit breaker to provide overload and fault protection.
- MB850: 850VA/510-watts with AVR
Output Voltage On Utility:
- Voltage: 90V to 140V
- Frequency: 57Hz to 63hz
- AVR Smart Boost: boost 10% of input voltage for output
- Design Specification: ANSI/IEE C62.41 CAT A
- Surge Energy Capacity: 890 Joules
- Maximum Surge Current: 36,000 Amps
- Battery Type: sealed maintenance free lead acid
- Normal Life: 3 to 6 years
- Recharge: 8 hours from total discharge
- Runtime: up to 120 minutes
- Voltage: 120V +/- 5%
- Frequency: 60Hz
- UL: UL 1778 (UPS)
- FCC: DoC Class B
- cUL (Canada): cUL 107.1
Limited Connected Equipment Protection Policy - $250,000: It is the policy of Panamax that it will, at its election, either replace, pay to replace at fair market value, or pay to repair, up to the dollar amount specified above, equipment that is damaged by an AC power, cable, telephone, or lightning surge while connected to a properly installed Panamax power conditioner. To be eligible for compensation, repair and or replacement, the power conditioner must shows signs of surge damage or that it is operating outside of design specifications, relative to its surge protection capability, and under all of the circumstances failed to protect your connected equipment.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?