About the Panamax MD2
Don't let a lack of space keep you from protecting your gear with a quality surge suppressor. The compact MD2 plugs right into a standard AC wall outlet, and has two AC outlets placed on the sides to allow space-saving connections. You can plug in a TV and Blu-ray player and keep your furniture close to the wall, or protect a couple small appliances on your kitchen counter. The MD2 is also a smart choice to use with chargers for your cell phone or portable player. Panamax's dependable noise filtering ensures that your equipment gets only clean power.
- 2 side-mounted AC power outlets (always on)
- Protect or Disconnect circuitry safeguards equipment against all surges (disconnects AC power in the event of a lightning strike or other "catastrophic" surge)
- EMI/RFI noise filtering provides clean power
- maximum current rating: 15A
- removable, paintable cover
- 3-3/8"W x 5-3/8"H x1-5/8"D
- warranty: lifetime on MD2
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- lifetime $100,000 connected equipment warranty
- MFR # MD2
What's in the box:
- Two AC outlet surge protector
- Removable/paintable front-panel (installed)
- Machine screw
- Installation Instructions
Panamax MD2 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Panamax MD2
Features & specs
|Total AC Outlets||2|
|Powerline Network Compatible||No|
|Connected Equipment Guarantee||$100,000|
Protect or Disconnect Circuitry: The Panamax MD2 Surge Protector's exclusive "Protect or Disconnect" circuitry safeguards your equipment against all surges. In the event of a catastrophic surge such as lightning, the MD2 completely disconnects AC power to your connected equipment.
Two AC Outlets: The two 3-prong AC outlets are turned 90-degress from one another to accommodate different style plugs or transformers. One plug is located on the left-side, while the other plug is located on the right-side.
Right-Angle AC Plug: The Panamax MD2 Surge Protector features an integrated right-angle 3-prong AC plug which plugs directly into an AC wall outlet.
Noise Filtration Circuit: The Panamax MD2 Surge Protector utilizes a Noise Filtration Circuit (EMI/RFI) to remove noise and provide clean power.
Two Diagnostic Lights: Two Panamax MD2 is equipped with two Diagnostic Lights (LED) - Power On/Protection OK and Line Fault.
- Power On/Protection OK: This LED (blue) indicates the power is on, surge protector is functioning properly, and all connected equipment is protected.
- Line Fault: If this LED is lit (red), it indicates an improperly wired outlet.
Paintable Cover: The MD2's removable front-cover is paintable to ensure a seamless fit with almost any décor.
- Protection Modes: L-N, L-G, N-G
- UL 1449 Rating: 330V
- Voltage Protection Rating: L-N 400V, L-G 500V, N-G 400V
- Single Pulse Energy Dissipation: 1350 Joules
- Response Time: <1 ns
- Peak Impulse Current: 60,000 A
- Nominal Discharge Current: 3,000 A
- Maximum Current Rating: 15A (1800 W)
- Line Voltage: 120 VAC, 50/60 Hz
- Initial Clamping: 200V
- EMI/RFI Noise Filtration: 50 dB (100kHz - 1MHz)
$100,000 Limited Connected Equipment Protection Warranty: Panamax will replace or repair equipment that is damaged by an AC line surge while connected to a properly installed Panamax surge protector (up to $100,000).
Lifetime Product Warranty: The surge protector shall be free of any defects in design, materials, or workmanship; and Panamax will repair or replace any defective unit.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
4 questions already asked