About the Panamax MD2-C
The compact MD2-C plugs right into a standard AC wall outlet and provides reliable protection for two components. Run your TV's cable or antenna feed through the MD2-C's coaxial jacks to fully protect your television or DVR. The two AC outlets are placed on the sides to allow space-saving connections that let you move your furniture closer to the wall.
The MD2-C protects your gear without compromising performance — in fact, it may even improve it thanks to Panamax' proven noise filtering circuitry. And its wide frequency range lets it easily pass high-definition cable TV signals.
- 2 side-mounted AC power outlets (always on)
- Protect or Disconnect circuitry safeguards equipment against all surges (disconnects AC power in the event of a lightning strike or other "catastrophic" surge)
- EMI/RFI noise filtering provides clean power
- maximum current rating: 15A
- 1 set of coaxial RF input/output jacks for cable TV or antenna
- wide frequency range for use with satellite or cable TV (0 MHz - 2.2 GHz)
- bi-directional for compatibility with digital cable services
- low insertion loss (less than 0.5dB)
- removable, paintable cover
- 3-3/8"W x 5-3/4"H x 1-5/8"D
- warranty: lifetime on MD2-C
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- lifetime $100,000 connected equipment warranty
- MFR # MD2-C
What's in the box:
- Two AC outlet surge protector with RF coaxial protection
- Removable/paintable front-panel (installed)
- 42" RG-59 coaxial cable (with 2 male RF-type connector on each end)
- Machine screw
- Installation Instructions
Panamax MD2-C reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Panamax MD2-C
Features & specs
|Total AC Outlets||2|
|Powerline Network Compatible||No|
|Connected Equipment Guarantee||$100,000|
Protect or Disconnect Circuitry: The Panamax MD2-C Surge Protector's exclusive "Protect or Disconnect" circuitry safeguards your equipment against all surges. In the event of a catastrophic surge such as lightning, the MD2-C completely disconnects AC power to your connected equipment.
Two AC Outlets: The two 3-prong AC outlets are turned 90-degress from one another to accommodate different style plugs or transformers. One plug is located on the left-side, while the other plug is located on the right-side.
Right-Angle AC Plug: The Panamax MD2-C Surge Protector features an integrated right-angle 3-prong AC plug which plugs directly into an AC wall outlet.
Noise Filtration Circuit: The Panamax MD2-C Surge Protector utilizes a Noise Filtration Circuit (EMI/RFI) to remove noise and provide clean power.
Coaxial Protection: One pair of universal CATV/SAT/ANT connectors (In/Out) protect your equipment from electrical surges that travel over low voltage lines.
Two Diagnostic Lights: Two Panamax MD2-C is equipped with two Diagnostic Lights (LED) - Power On/Protection OK and Line Fault.
- Power On/Protection OK: This LED (blue) indicates the power is on, surge protector is functioning properly, and all connected equipment is protected.
- Line Fault: If this LED is lit (red), it indicates an improperly wired outlet.
Paintable Cover: The MD2-C's removable front-cover is paintable to ensure a seamless fit with almost any décor.
- Protection Modes: L-N, L-G, N-G
- UL 1449 Rating: 330V
- Voltage Protection Rating: L-N 400V, L-G 500V, N-G 400V
- Single Pulse Energy Dissipation: 1350 Joules
- Response Time: <1 ns
- Peak Impulse Current: 60,000 A
- Nominal Discharge Current: 3,000 A
- Maximum Current Rating: 15A (1800 W)
- Line Voltage: 120 VAC, 50/60 Hz
- Initial Clamping: 200V
- EMI/RFI Noise Filtration: 50 dB (100kHz - 1MHz)
- Insertion Loss: < 5 dB
- Frequency Range: 0MHz - 2.2GHz
- Connectors: Female "F"-type
- CATV/SAT Clamping Level: 75V
$100,000 Limited Connected Equipment Protection Warranty: Panamax will replace or repair equipment that is damaged by an AC line surge while connected to a properly installed Panamax surge protector (up to $100,000).
Lifetime Product Warranty: The surge protector shall be free of any defects in design, materials, or workmanship; and Panamax will repair or replace any defective unit.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?