About the Panamax MFP-400
The Panamax MFP-400 protects your flat-panel TV from harmful power spikes and removes AC line noise that can negatively affect picture quality. You can mount it on the wall behind your TV for an uncluttered look, or even directly on the back of the TV itself.
The MFP-400 monitors the AC power coming into your display, and instantly breaks the connection during a voltage spike or brownout to protect your equipment. When the power returns to a safe level, the MFP-400 automatically reconnects your TV.
The unit also filters out the electronic noise that can degrade your TV's picture. Two fully protected AC outlets let you connect your flat-panel TV plus an additional component. The outlets are isolated from each other to prevent cross-interference between your components.
Read our blog post Better home audio, Tip #12: Use a power conditioner.
- Protect or Disconnect circuitry
- 2 protected AC power outlets
- two detachable 3-foot power cords (1 right-angle and 1 straight plug)
- UL 1449 Rating: 330V
- response time: less than 1 nanosecond
- mounts to the wall or to your TV with included bracket
- 11"W x 1-5/8"H x 3-13/16"D
- lifetime $5,000,000 connected equipment warranty (covers equipment damaged by an AC or signal line surge while connected to properly installed Panamax surge protector; valid only in the United States and Canada)
- lifetime warranty on the MFP-400
- MFR # MFP400
What's in the box:
- Power conditioner/Surge protector with two attached wall brackets
- 3' AC cord with straight plug
- 3' AC cord with right-angle plug
- Metal universal mounting plate
- 2 Machine screws
- 3 Mounting screws
- 3 Spacer eylets
- 3 Wall anchors
- Metal clip
- 2 Velcro strips
- Instruction sheet
- Warranty sheet
Panamax MFP-400 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Panamax MFP-400
Features & specs
|Total AC Outlets||2|
|Total Current Capacity||12A|
|Coaxial RF Jacks||Yes|
|Powerline Network Compatible||No|
|Connected Equipment Guarantee||$5,000,000|
Connections and Indicators
2 AC Outlets: The Panamax MFP-400 Power Condition/Surge Protector features two "always-on" filtration AC outlets.
Power Cleaning And Filtration: The Panamax MFP-400's Power Cleaning and Premium Filtration eliminate common symptoms of contaminated power (including loss of detail, pops, hisses, hums and visual artifacts) and allows your A/V equipment to perform up to its full capability.
Automatic Voltage Monitoring (AVM): Panamax's patent pending AVM circuitry continuously monitors the incoming line voltage and disconnects your equipment in the event of an over voltage or under voltage (brownout). Power is automatically reconnected when voltage returns to a safe level, eliminating service calls or system downtime.
Surge Protection: The MPF-400 features exclusive protect and disconnect circuitry to prevent damage to your equipment in the event of a catastrophic surge such as lightning by completely disconnecting AC power to connected equipment.
Lifetime $5,000,000 Connected Equipment Warranty: Panamax will replace or repair equipment that is damaged by an AC or signal line surge while connected to a properly installed Panamax surge protector (up to $5,000,000).
Coax Protection: The MPF-400 features one set of gold-plated, bi-directional, threaded coaxial female connectors to protect equipment from electrical surges that travel over Cable, Satellite, and Antenna lines.
Hi Definition Ready: The Panamax MPF-400 has been designed to work with your High Definition system. The MMP-400 coaxial protection circuits achieve optimum signal quality that have the less than 0.5dB of attenuation from 0Hz to 2.2GHz. The upgraded coaxial protection has been specifically designed to virtually eliminate signal loss. The clamping level 75 V will meet the demands of both cable and satellite voltage while minimizing exposure to damaging spikes and surges.
Detachable Power Cords: The MFP-400 comes with two detachable power cords: One IEC to right angle plug, and one IEC to straight plug.
Wall Mounting: The hardware is included to mount the Panamax unit to a wall, your LCD TV or other surface. There are removable brackets at each end with key hole mounting slots to attach the unit vertically or horizontally to a wall. The surge protector also comes with a universal mounting plate that allows you to attach the unit to the rear of your LCD TV's mounting-bracket. In addition, the surge protector comes with velcro strips for mounting the unit to a surface where you can't or don't want to use screws.
- Outlet 1: HDTV single AC outlet with filtration always on
- Outlet 2: HDTV or other accessory AC outlet with filtration always on
- Coax In/Out: Two gold-plated, bi-directional, treaded female coax connectors
- Wiring OK: Blue LED, indicates the wall outlet is properly wired and grounded
- Power and Filtration: Blue LED indicates that the surge protector is functioning properly and that all connected equipment is protected
- Unsafe Voltage: Red LED, indicates when incoming voltages are unsafe and the surge protector has disconnected the power to protect your equipment
- UL 1449 Suppression Rating: 330V
- Auto-resetting Over-voltage Shut-off: 144V +/-8V
- Auto-resetting Under-voltage Shut-off: 90V +/-6V
- Line Voltage: 120VAC, 50/60Hz
- Initial Clamping Level: 200V Peak, 141V RMS
- Maximum Current Rating: 15A (1800W)
- Single Pulse Energy Dissipation: 1675 Joules
- Peak Impulse Current: 48,000 A
- EMI/RFI Noise Filtration: 53dB (100kHz-1MHz)
- Response Time: < 1ns
- Protection Modes: L-N, L-G, N-G
Universal Coax Protection:
- Clamping Level: 75V
- Frequency Range: 5MHz-950MHz
- Insertion Loss: 0.5dB
- Connections: Gold-plated female F-type