About the Panamax MIW-XT
The Panamax MIW-XT offers a neat, clean way to connect your wall-mounted flat-panel TV to a line conditioner or uninterruptible power supply in a different location, such as a closet or component rack. This system includes an AC outlet faceplate for your TV, plus an AC inlet faceplate and power cord for making a connection to your line conditioner.
Connect the two plates via in-wall power cable for a professional-looking installation and less cable clutter. Each faceplate also includes an opening for audio and video signal cables, so you can run those through the wall, too.
The MIW-XT includes various inserts for the cable opening, such as a pass-through adapter with a rubber grommet, and a Decora® adapter that accommodates up to a six-port plate (not included).
Note: Installation by a licensed electrician is recommended.
- connects an audio/video component to an AC line conditioner or uninterruptible power supply in another location
- includes both AC inlet and AC outlet faceplates with openings for in-wall audio and video cables
- EMI/RFI noise filtration built into outlet receptacle
- ultra-thin profile lets equipment hang less than one inch from the wall
- 15-amp total current capacity
- includes a variety of adapters for the audio/video cable opening:
- Decora adapter plate
- Keystone 2-port adapter
- rubber grommet
- compatible with optional Panamax MIW signal line modules
- 11-inch flat-plug power adapter cord and 6-foot power inlet cord
- compatible with most standard electrical boxes electrical boxes are not included
- CSA-certified for code-compliant in-home use
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 50616-008488
What's in the box:
- Faceplate/single outlet assembly
- Faceplate/single inlet assembly
- 2 Inserts with pass-through adapter
- 6' AC inlet cord
- Plug securing clip
- 10-1/4" Power cord adapter
- 2 Decora trim plate adapters
- 2 Keystone module inserts
- 6 Wire nuts
- 4 Pan-head screws (9/16" length)
- 8 Flat-head screws (1/2" length)
- Installation Instructions
- Warranty sheet
- Outlet cutout template
- Caution sheet
Panamax MIW-XT reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Panamax MIW-XT
Features & specs
|Total AC Outlets||1|
|Total Current Capacity||15|
|Coaxial RF Jacks||No|
|Joule Rating||Not given|
|Powerline Network Compatible||No|
|Connected Equipment Guarantee||N/A|
|Parts Warranty||3 Years|
|Labor Warranty||3 Years|
Overview: The MIW-XT Max In-Wall Power Management Extender System extends safe, protected AC power from Panamax Power Management components to a remotely installed flat panel TV, ceiling-mounted projector, or powered subwoofer. The inlet faceplate can be placed behind your equipment rack, and the outlet faceplate hides discreetly behind the remotely installed component for a neat, professional installation, without the bulky power strips or hanging power wires. The MIW-XT faceplates are compatible with a standard dual gang in-wall J-box.
Design: The MIW-XT consists of a single AC inlet faceplate and a single AC outlet faceplate for extending safe AC power from a Panamax power conditioning component to a piece of equipment remotely installed away from the equipment rack. The AC inlet and outlet are connected by common in-wall power wiring (i.e. Romex). On each faceplate, there is a low-voltage signal bay for connecting or passing through audio and video cables between the equipment rack to the remote component. The port can accommodate optional installation solutions by using the supplied Decora adapter, pass-through insert, or Keystone 2-port adapter. Optional MIW Signal Line Modules (sold separately) can also be used. A 6' AC inlet cord is provided.
AC Power Cables: The included 6' AC inlet cable has a right-angle female plug that connects to the inlet faceplate and protrudes just over 1" from the wall. The 11" flat power plug adapter goes between the component's AC plug and the wall outlet so you can install the equipment as close as 1" from the wall.
Note: Because the width of the plug adapter, the MIW-XT is not recommended for use with the Samsung TV Ultra Slim Wall Mount (305WMN1000). The wall mount reduces the gap between the TV and the wall to 5/8".
Low Voltage Signal Bay: You can use the low-voltage signal bay to pass through the component's video and audio cables. You can use the MIW Pass-Through insert, which comes installed on the mounting bracket, and cut a hole in the rubber grommet so that it fits tightly around the cable. If you want terminals at the wall plate, you can use the supplied Decora adapter or Keystone module insert, along with the appropriate terminal modules (sold separately). Another option is to use a Panamax MIW signal-line module (sold separately), such as the MIW-5RCA, MIW-DATA, MIW-SVIDEO, or MIW-VGA.