About the Panamax MR5100
Reliable power for elaborate home theaters
Three isolated AC outlet banks help prevent inter-component interference and noise contamination.
Reliable power for elaborate home theaters
The Panamax MR5100 will protect even elaborate audio/video systems from damaging power spikes as well as the minor day-to-day current fluctuations that can compromise your system's performance over time. It can safeguard as many as eleven components, and it also provides a protected front-panel USB charging port for your smartphone, tablet or other portable device.
Top-quality picture and sound start with clean power
The ten rear-panel AC outlets are divided into three isolated banks to reduce inter-component interference and noise contamination. Four of the outlets accommodate high-current components like an amplifier and powered subwoofer. These switched outlets operate on a delay to prevent "speaker thump" when powering your system on and off.
Another bank features four "always on" outlets, and the third isolated bank has two switched outlets. The front-panel digital voltmeter makes it easy to monitor the AC power coming into your system.
The MR5100 actually offers multiple layers of surge protection. Panamax's patented Automatic Voltage Monitoring (AVM) technology continuously monitors the incoming power. In case of an under-voltage or brownout (too little electricity), or an over-voltage (too much electricity), a flashing red lightning bolt illuminates and power to your equipment is automatically switched off. When voltage returns to a safe level, power to the equipment is automatically reconnected.
The other layer of surge protection is Panamax's exclusive Protect or Disconnect™ technology. This ultra-fast circuitry completely protects your equipment from catastrophic surges such as those caused by lightning. When that type of extreme event occurs, the MR5100 automatically disconnects AC power to your equipment.
Additional protection for coaxial, phone line, and LAN connections
The MR5100 also provides two sets of in/out coaxial terminals to shield your satellite, cable TV and over-the-air antenna connections. A pair of protected Ethernet jacks let you plug in your laptop and surf the web on a protected connection. And another pair of protected jacks prevents spikes from sneaking in through your phone line.
- total of 11 surge-protected, noise-filtered AC outlets 10 rear, 1 front:
- one isolated bank of four always-on outlets with two-stage noise filtering
- one isolated bank of four high-current outlets with delayed on/off
- one isolated bank of two switched outlets
- one front-panel always-on convenience outlet
- front-panel USB charger port for Apple® and Android® smartphones, or other USB-equipped devices
- Automatic Voltage Monitoring (AVM) technology continuously monitors incoming AC power to protect against over- and under-voltage situations
- Protect or Disconnect technology disconnects AC power to equipment in the event of a catastrophic surge or spike
- Linear Level 4 EMI/RFI noise filtration circuitry virtually eliminates line noise
- two sets of in/out coaxial RF connections for cable/satellite/TV antenna
- one set of in/out RJ-45 LAN connections
- one set of in/out RJ-11 phone line connections
- front-panel digital voltmeter
- 2025-joule surge protection
- maximum current rating: 15 amps
- 8-ft. power cord with low-profile plug
- includes rack-mount brackets
- 17-1/16"W x 3-13/16"H x 14-1/16"D
- weight: 13.5 lbs.
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- $5 million connected-equipment warranty (covers equipment that is damaged by an AC surge while connected to a properly installed Panamax surge protector if protector shows signs of surge damage or is operating outside of design specifications)
- MFR # MR5100
What's in the box:
- Power conditioner/Surge protector (w/ attached 8' power cord)
- 2 Rack-mount brackets
- 4 Screws
- 4 Washers
- Reference Guide
Panamax MR5100 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Panamax MR5100
Features & specs
|Total AC Outlets||11|
|Powerline Network Compatible||No|
|Connected Equipment Guarantee||$5,000,000|
|Parts Warranty||3 Years|
|Labor Warranty||3 Years|
11 Protected & Filtered Power Outlets: The Panamax MR5100 features 3 rear-panel banks of AC outlets and a convenient front-panel AC outlet. All of the AC outlet (front & back) include surge protection and power filtration.
- "Always On" Linear Noise Filtration Outlets (Bank 1): Bank 1 consists of 4 "Always On" AC outlets. These outlets will only power off during a fault condition (under-voltage/over-voltage). Power is cleaned from these outlets by a two-stage balanced Pi filter which also provides noise isolation from the other outlet banks.
- "Switched" Linear Noise Filtration Outlets (Bank 2): Bank 2 consists of two "Switched" AC outlets. These outlets will turn on immediately and turn off after 10 seconds, via the unit's front-panel Power button. LiFT EMI/RFI noise filtration is provided by a two-stage balanced Pi filter which also provides noise isolation from the other outlet banks.
- High Current Outlets (Bank 3): Bank 3 consists of four "High
Current" AC outlets. The unit's 4 High Current outlets
provide power from a low impedance noise filtration circuit that does not
limit the current to your equipment. Its output is noise isolated from all
of the other outlets.
Front-Panel AC Outlet: The MR5100 also features a protected and noise filtered convenience outlet located on the front-panel. Perfect for temporary gaming systems, portable electronics (such as music players or smartphones), or other personal electronics. This AC outlet is Always On.
Protect or Disconnect Technology: The Panamax MR5100 employs exclusive Protect or Disconnect technology for surge protection. This ultra fast protection circuitry completely protects your equipment from surges such as lightning. When overwhelmed with extreme catastrophic events, Panamax permanently disconnects AC power to equipment.
Level 4 Power Cleaning & Linear Filtration: Level 4 Power Cleaning and Filtration eliminates common symptoms of contaminated power (including loss of detail, pops, hisses, hums and visual artifacts) and allows your A/V equipment to perform up to its full capability.
Automatic Voltage Monitoring (AVM): Panamax's patented Automatic Voltage Monitoring (AVM) technology continuously monitors the incoming power. In case of an under-voltage or brownout (too little electricity) or an over-voltage (too much electricity) a flashing red lightning bolt will be displayed and power to the equipment is automatically turned off. When voltage returns to a safe level, power to the equipment is automatically reconnected.
Signal Wire Protection: Protecting a complete home theater system requires that signal wires coming out of the wall be protected as well. Universal ultra low-loss coaxial protection, as well as LAN/Ethernet protection prevents signal lines from carrying damaging surges while maintaining full high-definition and high-speed Internet signals to your equipment for your connected life.
- Telephone & LAN Surge Protection: There is one RJ-45 input and one RJ-45 output for 10/100 baseT Ethernet lines, plus one RJ-11 input and one RJ-11 output for standard telephone lines. LAN protection allows for 10/100 base-T Ethernet equipment to integrate into an audio/video system without the risk of upstream surge damage from a gateway, switch, router or other network device. Telephone protection protects your incoming telephone lines.
- Cable & Satellite Surge Protection: There are two gold-plated coaxial inputs and two gold-plated, threaded, female coaxial outputs for connecting your satellite, cable or antenna TV signal lines. Coaxial protection circuits prevent damaging surges from entering through signal paths and have the smallest signal loss on the market; less than 0.5 db of attenuation from 0Hz to 2.2GHz. Panamax coaxial protection has been specifically designed to virtually eliminate signal loss. The clamping level of 75V will meet and exceed the demands of both cable and satellite voltages while minimizing exposure to damaging spikes and surges.
Digital Voltmeter: The MR5100 features a front-panel Digital Voltmeter which monitors the voltage supplying your home theater equipment. If line voltage drops below 95VAC, or if the line voltage exceeds 135VAC, the display will turn off and the "unsafe voltage" indicator will flash indicating and unsafe voltage condition.
USB Charging (0.5/5V): The MR5100 features a front-panel USB (type-A port) rated at 0.5/5V for charging your Apple iPod/iPhone, Android smartphone, or other USB-enabled electronic device.
8' Power Cord w/ Low-Profile Plug: The Panamax MR5100 is fitted with an attached 8' power cord w/ a low-profile IEC 3-prong plug. This 45° angle low profile plug allows your equipment to be as close as it can get to the wall outlet while not blocking an adjacent outlets. The 8' power cord means your installation location isn't restricted by wall outlet location.
Circuit Breaker: A circuit breaker is located on the back panel of the MR5100. The circuit breaker will trip only if the total current draw exceeds the maximum current rating (15A). This means that collectively, all outlets must draw more than 15 amps before the circuit breaker will trip.
$5,000,000 Lifetime Connected Equipment Warranty: Panamax will replace, pay to replace at fair market value, or pay to repair, up to $5,000,000 of equipment that is damaged by an AC surge while connected to a properly installed Panamax surge protector, if the surge protector shows signs of surge damage or is operating outside of design specifications. For coverage conditions and information on how to make a claim, please see the warranty sheet.
Rack Mountable: The Panamax MR5100 includes rack-mount brackets to mount the unit in your AV rack (takes up 1U rack space).
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
1 question already asked