About the Panamax MIW-SURGE-1G
This Panamax in-wall surge suppressor is a great solution for space-challenged areas, like behind a wall-mounted TV — or anywhere you need power protection without clutter. It installs just like a regular wall outlet, and protects your equipment from damaging power spikes using Panamax's rugged and reliable Protect-or-Disconnect circuitry.
Note: Installation by a licensed electrician is recommended.
- in-wall surge protector with dual AC outlets
- both outlets feature Protect-or-Disconnect circuitry
- 2-color status indicator for "power on" and "line fault"
- 1350-joule surge protection
- UL 1449 Suppressed Voltage Rating: 330V
- maximum current rating: 15 amps
- designed for use with a Decora faceplate (not included)
- fits most standard single-gang plastic or metal boxes
- includes three wire nuts and two mounting screws
- 1-3/4"W x 4-1/8"H x 2-1/4"D
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # MIW-SURGE-1G
What's in the box:
- 2-Outlet in-wall single-gang surge protector
- 3 Wire nuts
- Installation Instructions
Panamax MIW-SURGE-1G reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Panamax MIW-SURGE-1G
Features & specs
|Total AC Outlets||2|
|Powerline Network Compatible||No|
|Connected Equipment Guarantee||N/A|
|Parts Warranty||3 Years|
|Labor Warranty||3 Years|
Overview: The Panamax MIW-SURGE-1G is an in-wall, single-gang wall-outlet with surge protection. Two AC receptacles provide power protection for your connected components. Its designed to mount behind your electronic equipment and fits most standard single gang plastic or metal boxes. The MIW-SURGE-1G is designed for use with a Decora faceplate (not included). There is a 2-color status LED to indicate "Power On" and "Line Fault".
Note: CSA Certified for code compliant installations.
Protect or Disconnect Circuitry: The Panamax MIW-SURGE-1G safeguards your connected equipment against all surges. In the event of a catastrophic surge such as lightning, it completely disconnects AC power to your connected equipment.
Wiring: The Panamax MIW-SURGE-1G employs a standard 3-wire configuration.
- Black Wire: Connect the black (hot) wire to the black wire from the wall outlet.
- White Wire: Connect the white (neutral) wire to the white wire from the wall outlet.
- Green Wire: Connect the green (ground) wire to the typically bare ground wire.
- Energy Dissipation: 1350 Joules
- UL 1449 3nd Ed Voltage Protection Rating (3000A): 400V
- UL14429 2nd Ed Suppressed Voltage (500A): 330V
- Total Current Capacity: 15A
- Protection Modes: L-N, L-G, N-G
- Line Voltage: 120V, 50/60Hz
3 Year Warranty: Panamax warrants to the purchaser of this Panamax audio/video component style power conditioner, for a period of three (3) years from the date of purchase, that the unit shall be free of any defects in design, material or workmanship, and Panamax will repair or replace any defective product up to three years from the purchase date
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
2 questions already asked