About the Panamax PM8-GAV
The Panamax PM8-GAV shields your audio/video system against harmful spikes and fluctuations in your home's AC power and filters out the interference that can degrade your system's performance. You get eight fully protected AC outlets, conveniently spaced to allow for bulky transformers.
Current sensing for convenient energy savings
The "Current Sense" outlet monitors the on/off status of a single component, like your home theater receiver. When you turn your receiver off, the outlet senses the change and turns off the four "switched" outlets. This prevents connected gear such as a DVD player or flat-panel TV from drawing current in standby mode, which wastes energy. When you turn your receiver on, power is restored to these components as well.
The remaining three outlets are "always on." This lets components requiring constant power remain in standby mode rather than shutting completely off perfect for maintaining scheduled TV recordings with a cable box or DVR.
Protection for other power sources
Spikes don't just travel through the wall outlet. They can also come in through other types of cable connections. The PM8-GAV gives you two sets of protected coaxial input/output jacks for cable, antenna, or digital satellite TV connections. It also has one set of in/out jacks to protect your telephone or network connections.
Quick response prevents damage
The PM8-GAV reacts to a voltage spike in less than a nanosecond, breaking the connection to protect your equipment. The six-foot power cord has a right-angle plug that hugs the outlet. You can also mount this conditioner on your wall for out-of-the-way placement.
Read our blog post Better home audio, Tip #12: Use a power conditioner.
- 8 AC outlets (4 switched, 3 unswitched, 1 Current Sense)
- saves energy by turning off switched outlets when the "Current Sense" connected component is turned off
- 2 sets of coaxial input/output jacks (for cable, antenna, or satellite TV)
- 1 set of input/output jacks for telephone/network connections
- 6-foot power cord with right-angle plug
- response time: less than 1 nanosecond
- wall-mountable (brackets and hardware included)
- 12-1/4"W X 1-13/16"H x 5"D
- weight: 3 lbs.
- lifetime $100,000 connected equipment warranty (covers equipment damaged by an AC or signal line surge while connected to properly installed Panamax surge protector); valid only in the United States and Canada
- lifetime product warranty
- MFR # PM8-GAV
What's in the box:
- Surge protector with attached 6' power cord
- 41" Coax (RG-59) cable
- 3 Mounting screws
- 3 Drywall anchors
- 3 Spacer eyelets
- Installation Instructions (Eng/Fre/Spa)
Panamax PM8-GAV reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Panamax PM8-GAV
Features & specs
|Total AC Outlets||8|
|Powerline Network Compatible||No|
|Connected Equipment Guarantee||$100,000|
Overview: The Panamax PM8-GAV Surge Protector features 8 AC outlets with current sensing. The PM8-GAV also provides protection for coaxial and telephone connections. In addition, this surge protector is equipped with 3 diagnostic LEDs.
Surge Protection: The Panamax PM8-GAV eliminates voltage irregularities and protects your AV system from catastrophic surges.
Current Sensing: The PM8-GAV's Current Sense Outlet (#5) will detect the On/Off (or stand-by) state of a single component (AV Receiver) by monitoring its current draw. When a change in the current draw is detected, outlets 1-4 are completely turned On or Off. The current draw threshold switch can be set a HI (25W) or LO (15W). Outlets 6, 7, and 8 are "Always On" allowing power to equipment that needs to be On or in Stand-by mode continuously.
8 AC Outlets: The 8 AC outlets provide power protection with transformer spacing between outlets.
Power Cord: The surge protector features an attached 6 ft power cord with a right-angle, 45-degree offset three-prong plug.
Lifetime $100,000 Connected Equipment Warranty: Panamax will replace or repair equipment that is damaged by an AC or signal line surge while connected to a properly installed Panamax surge protector (up to $100,000).
Mounting: The Panamax PM8-GAV Surge Protector can be placed on the floor, on a shelf, or inside a cabinet. The PM-8AV can also be wall-mounted using the integrated wall-mount brackets and key-hole slots.
- Outlets 1-4: When a change in the current draw is detected, outlets 1-4 are completely turned On or Off.
- Outlet #5: The PM8-GAV's Current Sense Outlet (#5) will detect the On/Off (or stand-by) state of a single component (AV Receiver) by monitoring its current draw.
- Outlets 6-7: Outlets 6, 7, and 8 are "Always On" allowing power to equipment that needs to be On or in Stand-by mode continuously.
- SAT/CATV: 2 Coaxial line inputs and 2 coaxial line outputs (gold-plated, threaded, female F-Connectors).
- Telephone: One telephone line input and telephone output (RJ-45/11 connection).
- On/Off Switch: Turns all the outlets On and Off.
- Current Sense Switch: Select between LO or HI.
- Power On/Protection OK: Green LED, indicates the surge protector is functioning properly and all equipment is protected.
- Ground OK: Green LED, indicates the wall outlet is properly wired and grounded.
- Current Sense: Green LED, indicates the 1-4 AC outlets are On.
- AC Specification:
- Line Voltage: 120VAC, 50/60Hz
- Initial Clamping Level: 200V Peak, 141V RMS,
- Voltage Protection Rating (UL1449 3rd Edition, 3000A): 500V
- Protection Modes: L-N, L-G, N-G
- Maximum Current Rating: 15A (1800W)
- EMI/RFI Noise Filtration: 45dB (100kHz-1MHz)
- Response Time: <1ns
- Single Pulse Energy: 1125 Joules
- Peak Impulse Current: 52,000 A
- Telco Protection:
- Clamping Level: 260V
- Capacitance: 30 pf (approximate)
- Suppression Mode: Metallic and Longitudinal
- Wire Protected: 2-wire, 1-pair (3,4)
- Connectors: RJ-45/11
- Universal Cable/Satellite Protection:
- Clamping Level: 75V
- Frequency Range: 0MHz-2.2GHz
- Insertion Loss: <0.5dB
- Connections: Female "F"-type, gold-plated
- Current Sense Threshold:
- On State, LO: 10W
- On State, HI: 25W