About the Panamax PM8-HT
The Panamax PM8-HT shields your home theater system against harmful spikes and power fluctuations. It also filters out the RF (radio frequency) and electromagnetic interference that can degrade your system's performance.
The power protector comes with eight outlets, each conveniently spaced to allow for bulky transformers. Three sets of coaxial input/output jacks protect your cable, antenna, or digital satellite TV connections. There's also a protected telephone line input/output.
The PM8-HT reacts in less than a nanosecond during a spike, breaking the connection to protect your equipment. The six-foot power cord has a right-angle plug that hugs the wall, for an easy fit behind a chair or sofa.
Read our blog post Better home audio, Tip #12: Use a power conditioner.
- Protect or Disconnect circuitry
- total of 8 protected AC power outlets
- 3 sets of coaxial inputs and outputs
- 1 set of phone line input/output jacks
- 6-foot power cord with right-angle plug
- 1125-joule surge protection
- UL 1449 Rating: 330V
- response time: less than 1 nanosecond
- includes two 42" RG-6 coaxial cables and one RG-11 phone cord
- 12"W x 1-13/16"H x 4-15/16"D
- lifetime $50,000 connected equipment warranty (covers equipment damaged by an AC or signal line surge while connected to properly installed Panamax surge protector); valid only in the United States and Canada
- lifetime product warranty
- MFR # PM8-HT
What's in the box:
- 8-Outlet Surge Protector and Power Conditioner with attached 6' power cord
- Two 42" RG-6 coax cables with threaded male F-type connectors on each end
- 48" Telephone cable with an RJ-11 connector on each end
- 3 Mounting screws (#6 x 3/4")
- 3 Spacer eyelets
- 3 Drywall anchors
- Instructions sheet (English/Spanish/French)
- Warranty sheet (English/Spanish/French)
Panamax PM8-HT reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Panamax PM8-HT
Features & specs
|Total AC Outlets||---|
|Powerline Network Compatible||---|
|Connected Equipment Guarantee||---|
Connections, Controls and Indicators
8 Outlets: The Panamax PM8-HT Power Conditioner features eight filtered and surge protected outlets.
Surge Protection: The PM8-HT features exclusive "Protect and Disconnect" circuitry to prevent damage to your equipment in the event of a catastrophic surge such as lightning by completely disconnecting AC power to connected equipment.
Power Cleaning Filtration: The Panamax PM8-HT's Power Cleaning and Filtration eliminates common symptoms of contaminated power (including loss of detail, pops, hisses, hums and visual artifacts) and allow your A/V equipment to perform up to its full capability.
Coax Protection: The PM8-HT features three sets of threaded coaxial female inputs and outputs to protect equipment from electrical surges that travel over Cable, Satellite, and Antenna lines.
Hi Definition Ready: The Panamax PM8-HT has been designed to work with your High Definition system. The PM8-HT's coaxial protection circuits achieve optimum signal quality that have the less than 0.5dB of attenuation from 0MHz to 2.2GHz. The upgraded coaxial protection has been specifically designed to virtually eliminate signal loss. The clamping level 75 V will meet the demands of both cable and satellite voltage while minimizing exposure to damaging spikes and surges.
Telephone Line Protection: The PM8-HT is equipped with a RJ-11 telephone jack input and a RJ-11 telephone jack output which protect equipment from electrical surges that travel over telephone and network lines.
Lifetime $5,000,000 Connected Equipment Warranty: Panamax will replace or repair equipment that is damaged by an AC or signal line surge while connected to a properly installed Panamax surge protector (up to $5,000,000).
Mounting: The PM8-HT can be placed on a flat surface or mounted to your wall using the unit's integrated keyhole slot and attached wall bracket.
AC Outlets: 8 AC outlets with transformer spacing between outlets.
- SAT/CATV Inputs/Outputs: 3 sets of gold-plated input/output universal threaded female coax terminals
- Telco Input/Outputs: one RJ-11 input and one RJ-11 output jack for connecting a telephone line
- Power/Reset: On/off power switch and circuit breaker combination
- Power On Protection OK: this LED illuminates green to indicates that the surge protector is functioning properly and that all connected equipment is protected
- Ground OK: this LED illuminates green to indicate that the wall outlet is properly wired and grounded
- Line Voltage: 120VAC, 50/60Hz
- Initial Clamping Level: 200V Peak, 141V RMS
- UL 1449 Suppression Rating: 330V
- Protection Modes: L-N, L-G, N-G
- Maximum Current Rating: 15A (1800W)
- Single Pulse Energy Dissipation: 1125 Joules
- Peak Impulse Current: 52,000 A
- EMI/RFI Noise Filtration: 45dB (100kHz-1MHz)
- Response Time: <1ns
- Clamping Level: 260V
- Capacitance: 30pF (approx.)
- Suppression Modes: Metallic and Longitudinal
- Wires Protected: 2 wire, 1 pair (3,4)
- Connectors: RJ-11
Universal Cable/Satellite Protection:
- Clamping Level: 75V
- Frequency Range: 0MHz-2.2GHz
- Insertion Loss: <0.5dB
- Connections: Female "F"-type