About the Panamax Max® 2 Sub
The compact Max 2 Sub plugs right into a standard AC wall outlet and gives you convenient power protection for your subwoofer and another component. You also get a set of protected RCA jacks for your subwoofer's audio signal path, to prevent harmful spikes from following that connection back to your receiver. Side-mounted outlets let you move your furniture closer to the wall.
- Protect or Disconnect circuitry shuts off power to your components during a catastrophic surge
- Signal Perfect circuitry filters out RF noise and electromagnetic interference
- 2 AC power outlets, always on
- protected RCA line in/out jacks
- UL 1449 suppression rating: 330V
- Response time: less than 1 nanosecond
- 3-1/4"W x 5-1/2"H x 2"D
- Lifetime $5,000,000 connected equipment warranty (covers equipment damaged by an AC or signal line surge while connected to properly installed Panamax surge protector); valid only in the United States and Canada
- lifetime product warranty
- MFR # M2SUB
What's in the box:
- Powered subwoofer surge protector
- Installation Instructions
- Warranty sheet
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Panamax Max® 2 Sub
Features & specs
|Total AC Outlets||---|
|Total Current Capacity||---|
|Coaxial RF Jacks||No|
|Powerline Network Compatible||---|
|Connected Equipment Guarantee||---|
Overview: This surge protector is designed to plug directly into a standard grounded wall outlet. It has two 3-prong outlets (one on each side) and a set of stereo RCA inputs and outputs on the bottom. It is designed to protect a powered subwoofer in your system. The MAX 2 SUB protects the AC power path to the subwoofer and the line-level RCA signal path between the subwoofer and your home theater receiver.
Plugs Directly into Wall: The MAX 2 SUB protects two AC lines by easily plugging into wall. Side-mounted outlets allow furniture to be moved closer to wall and accommodate the widest range of plug styles including transformers and right-angle plugs.
Protect or Disconnect Circuitry: This circuitry safeguards equipment against all surges, no matter how big. In the event of a catastrophic surge such as lightning, it completely disconnects AC power to connected equipment.
Capacitive EMI/RFI Filtration: This filtration system provides clean, unimpeded power for amplifiers and subwoofers.
SignalPerfect A/V Line-Level Circuitry: This circuitry design insures a clean, clear audio signal from your receiver to your powered subwoofer using the surge protectors stereo RCA inputs and outputs.
Diagnostic Indicators: This surge protector features Protection OK, Ground OK, and Line Fault lights to keep you informed of AC outlet status at all times.
Power Cord Security: You can attach your equipment's power cords to the surge protector using optional zip-ties (not supplied).
Lifetime $5,000,000 Connected Equipment Warranty: Panamax will replace, pay to replace at fair market value, or pay to repair, up to $5,000,000 equipment that is damaged by an AC power or lightning surge while connected to a properly installed Panamax surge protector, if the surge protector shows signs of surge damage or is operating outside of design specifications. For conditions and information on how to make a claim please see the manual.
- 2 AC Power Outlets: two "always On" AC outlets
- RCA Input: a pair of gold-plated stereo RCA inputs
- RCA Output: a pair of gold-plate stereo RCA outputs
- Power/Protection OK: green LED which indicates that the surge protector is functioning properly, power is On, and it is protecting all connected equipment
- Line Fault: red LED which indicates that wall outlet is improperly wired or no ground is present
- Ground OK: green LED which indicates that the wall outlet is properly grounded
- Initial Clamping Level: 200 Volts
- UL 1449 Suppression Rating: 330 Volts
- Protection Modes: L to N, L to G, N to G
- Maximum Current Rating: 15A (1800 W)
- EMI/RFI Noise Filtration: 50 dB (100kHz to 1 MHz)
- Response Time: less than 1 nanosecond
- Signal Pulse Energy Dissipation: 1350 Joules
- Peak Impulse Current: 52,000 amperes
- Line Voltage: 120 VAC, 50/60 Hz