About the Hertz HMX 8 S
Hertz designed their HMX 8" marine speakers to bring high-quality audio to any boat or powersports vehicle. These rugged speakers will handle up to 100 watts RMS, so they'll be able to cut through the noise from your engine and the wind.
Built to perform
These high-performance marine speakers don't require an enclosure, so you can install them in just about any suitable location. They'll deliver maximum high-end fidelity when you're out on the water on running down a trail, with big magnets, polypropylene cones, and a tweeter lens that optimizes off-axis dispersion.
Ready for action
The speaker basket and grille are made from a rugged, UV-resistant polymer that stands up to water, dust, and mud, while the stainless-steel mesh grille protects the tweeter from both dirt and damage. The Aramid fiber spider, silicone-insulated leads, and Santoprene rubber surround also help keep these durable speakers performing at a high level. They're built for boating, but they're also a great choice for a custom installation in any off-road vehicle that sees hard-core, all-weather use.
When you think of Italian cars, you think of style, performance, and awesome sound. Same goes for Italian audio gear. Hertz speakers, subs, and amps have made car systems sound super since 1998. Known for great sound and technological innovation, high-end gear from Hertz will bring powerful performance audio to any vehicle or vessel.
- 8" marine/powersports speakers
- polypropylene woofer
- 1.4" neodymium dome tweeter
- Santoprene rubber surround
- stainless-steel tweeter grille for improved dispersion
- Aramid fiber spider with silicone-insulated lead wires
- gold-plated corrosion resistant terminals
- designed for infinite baffle applications
- built-in crossovers
- handles up to 100 watts RMS (200 peak)
- frequency response 45-25,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 91 dB
- impedance: 4 ohms
- cutout diameter: 7.1"
- frame diameter: 8.86"
- mounting depth: 3.58"
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # HMX 8 S
What's in the box:
- Two 2-way marine speakers with fixed black plastic grilles
- Two 10' Lengths of speaker wire (female quick slides on one end and bare wire on the other)
- Sixteen 1-3/8" Stainless-steel Allen head screws (3mm)
- 16 Stainless-steel speed clips
- Owner's manual (English/ Spanish/ French/ German/ Italian/ Portuguese/ 21 Others)
- Template on box
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Hertz HMX 8 S
Features & specs
|Tweeter Design||1.4" Dome|
|Woofer Surround||Santoprene Rubber|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
91 dB at 1 watt |
|Frequency Response||45 - 25k Hz|
|Max RMS Power Handling||100|
|Peak Power Handling (Watts)||200|
|Top-mount Depth (Inches)||3 5/8|
|Bottom-mount Depth (Inches)||N/A|
|Cutout Diameter or Length (inches)||7 1/8|
Infinite-Baffle Operation: The speakers are optimized for infinite baffle operation, so they can be installed in a variety of locations without the need for a dedicated enclosure.