About the Hertz MLK 1650.3
Powerful tools for dream sound
Powerful tools for dream sound
Hertz designed their MLK 1650.3 6-1/2" component speaker system for the purist. Handling up to 150 watts RMS, this beautifully crafted set gives you the tools to create something truly special in your vehicle. So dream no more... breathtaking sound is within grasp.
The star of this system is the MLCX 2 TW.3 crossover system which allows bi-amplification, tweeter level adjustment, off-axis improvement, and a helpful selection of crossover point adjustment tools. The premium components of this crossover system contribute to the woofer's impressive low-frequency response and to a smooth transition to the extended frequency range of the low-distortion Tetolon dome tweeter. An aluminum alloy speaker basket with built-in venting provides a solid, smart foundation for impressive performance from the 6-1/2" woofer. Hertz employs a "Boundary Free" rubber surround with its enhanced pressed pulp and cotton fiber woofer to move more air with accuracy. The woofer's V-cone design improves dispersion and helps provide lows you can feel. Superior damping is also key to the sound of these speakers — minimized resonance reduces distortion for a truer-to-life sound.
The Hertz philosophy
Hertz believes that a good speaker should reveal the emotional power of the music you love. That's a high bar, but with their commitment to using premium components and boundary-pushing design, they're more than up to challenge. Comprised of music lovers, Hertz is committed to optimizing your car's sound system for total audio enjoyment.
- component system includes 2 woofers, 2 tweeters, and 2 external crossovers
- 6-1/2" pressed pulp/cotton fiber woofer
- Boundary Free rubber surround
- aluminum alloy basket
- 1-7/16" Tetolon dome tweeter
- compact MLCX 2 TW.3 outboard crossover
- 2-position "Mid-Contour" switch for mid-bass adjustment
- 2-position "Hi-Contour" switch for high pass crossover point setting
- "Hi-Boost" for off-axis tweeter positioning
- 3-position attenuation switch for tweeter
- frequency range: 40-28,000 Hz
- handles up to 150 watts RMS (300 watts peak power)
- sensitivity: 92 dB
- woofer top-mount depth: 2-3/4"
- grilles included
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # MLK 1650.3
What's in the box:
- Two ML 1650.3 Woofers
- Two ML 280.3 Dome tweeters (with attached 10" length of speaker wire)
- Two MLCX 2 TW.3 Crossover networks
- 2 Tweeter flush mount cups (installed)
- 2 Tweeter flush mount clamps
- 2 Tweeter grilles (installed)
- 2 Woofer grilles
- Sixteen 1" Allen head screws (3mm)
- 16 Speed clips
- Two M3 x 12mm Machine screws (2.5mm Allen head)
- Two M3 x 8mm Machine screws (2.5mm Allen head/installed in tweeter housing)
- 3mm Allen head bit
- 2 Flat washers
- Owner's manual (English/ Spanish/ French/ German/ Italian/ Portuguese/ 21 Others)
- Template on box
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Hertz MLK 1650.3
Features & specs
|Speaker Size||6 1/2|
|Tweeter Design||35mm Dome|
|Woofer Composition||Pressed Paper/Cotton Fiber|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
|Sensitivity (1W at 1 meter)||92|
|Sensitivity at 2.83 volts||N/A|
|Frequency Response||40 - 28k Hz|
|Minimum RMS Wattage||---|
|Maximum RMS Wattage||150|
|Peak Power Handling (Watts)||300|
|Top-mount Depth (Inches)||2 3/4|
|Bottom-mount Depth (Inches)||2 15/16|
|Cutout Diameter or Length (inches)||5 9/16|
|Mounting Height (Inches)||0.424|
Size Classification Note: Some manufacturers, including Hertz, call this size woofer a 6-1/2". Because it requires a larger cutout than a standard 6-1/2" speaker, Crutchfield has traditionally referred to this size as a 6-3/4". Please enter you vehicle information to confirm fit in your vehicle.
Boundary Free Surround: This technology provides more cone surface area than other speakers of the same size, enabling it to move more air. The surrounds are made of butyl rubber, ensuring thermal and mechanical linearity.
Klippel Verified: The Klippel distortion analyzer, a device that uses a laser and computer software to do large-scale analysis of drivers in motion, helps Hertz optimize the speaker's motor structure, voice coil alignment, and suspension to yield the best possible performance.
Tweeter Mounting: The ML 280.3 tweeters are designed to flush mount using the included clamps. They can also be mounted to many factory tweeter brackets using the M3 threaded insert on the back of the tweeter housing. The tweeters are permanently mounted in their housings.
- Tweeter Level: 3-position switch on each crossover; set the output level of the tweeter to -2 dB, 0 dB, or +2 dB; Hertz recommends 0 dB when the tweeters are mounted off-axis (relative to the listeners) and -2 dB when the tweeters are mounted on-axis
- Bi-amp Inputs: each crossover has bi-amp inputs, separate inputs for the woofer and tweeter; set the switch to On when using the bi-amp inputs
- Mid Contour: On/Off; low-pass crossover point set to 2.5 kHz (On) or 3.5 kHz (Off); 6 dB/octave in both positions; in most installations Hertz recommends the 3.5 kHz (Off) setting
- Hi-Contour: On/Off; high-pass crossover point set to 2.5 kHz (On) or 3.5 kHz (Off); 12 dB/octave in both positions; in most installations Hertz recommends the 3.5 kHz (Off) setting
- Hi-Boost: On/Off; leave off if tweeters are mounted on-axis (relative to the listeners); turn on if tweeters are mounted off axis; improves linearity of the frequencies above 10 kHz when the tweeter is mounted off-axis
Wiring: The crossover inputs and outputs are set screw terminals; they will accept bare wire up to 8 gauge.
- Width: 7.1"
- Height: 1.6"
- Depth: 4.71"
4 questions already asked