About the Hertz Mille ML Power 1
For seekers of powerful bass
For seekers of powerful bass
If you want massive bass while you're driving, you need to get a powerful amplifier like Hertz's Mille ML Power 1. This mono subwoofer amp can deliver up to 1,000 watts RMS, which is the kind of power that makes a high-performance subwoofer sound its best.
Control that bass
The ML Power 1's onboard variable low-pass and subsonic filters allow you to blend the bass tones to fit well in the mix. You can also adjust the phase of the bass signal to optimize the mix for your listening position. An optional HRC BM wired remote control bass management knob lets you control the bass level from your front seat.
Fits and works almost anywhere
Hertz engineered this amp using advanced D-Class technology to ensure efficient and reliable performance. The amp's heat sink is built with both extruded and die-cast aluminum to help keep the amp running cool, even when pushed hard. High-level inputs feature Hertz' ART™ (Automatic Remote Turn-on), so this amp can be used to improve the bass in almost any system, even one using the factory radio.
When you think of Italian cars, you think of style, performance, and awesome sound. Same goes for Italian audio gear. Hertz speakers, subs, and amps have made cars sound super since 1998. Known for great sound and technological innovation, high-end gear from Hertz will bring powerful performance audio to any vehicle or vessel.
- mono subwoofer amplifier
- 600 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms (1,000 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms)
- 1,000 watts RMS x 1 at 1 ohm
- CEA-2006 compliant
- Class-D amplifier technology
- frequency response: 18-500 Hz
- variable low-pass filter (50-500 Hz, 24 dB/octave)
- variable subsonic filter (18-40 Hz, 24 dB/octave)
- variable phase adjustment (0-180°)
- optional HRC BM wired remote control bass management knob
- preamp and speaker-level inputs
- Automatic Remote Turn-on with speaker-level inputs
- preamp outputs
- fuse rating: 40A x 3
- wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- 1/0-gauge power and ground wire recommended
- 13-11/16"W x 1-7/8"H x 6-3/4"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # ML POWER 1
What's in the box:
- Mono amplifier
- Six 40A ATO fuses (3 installed)
- Four 1" self-tapping screws
- Quick Start Guide
- Warranty card
Hertz Mille ML Power 1 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Hertz Mille ML Power 1
Features & specs
|RMS Power Output (Watts x Channels)||
600 x 1 |
|Peak Power Output (Watts x Channels)||1000 x 1|
|Power at 2 Ohms (Watts x Channels)||1000 x 1|
|Bridged Power (Watts x Channels)||---|
|Minimum Impedance Bridged||---|
|Minimum Impedance Unbridged||1|
|Best Frequency Response||18-500 Hz|
|THD at Rated RMS Power||1%|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||84 dB|
|Low-Pass Crossover Frequency||40-500 Hz|
|Low-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||24 dB/octave|
|High-Pass Crossover Frequency||N/A|
|High-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||N/A|
|Bass Boost Frequency||N/A|
|Speaker Level Inputs||Euroblock|
|Preamp Outputs||1 pair|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Overview: The Hertz Mille Power series amplifiers feature Advanced D-Class (ADC) technology to deliver high-end performance and efficiency. They feature thermally-optimized, double-extruded aluminum heat sinks. Heat is transferred away from the internal components and out to the heat sinks where it is dissipated through the sides of the amp. Mille Power amps are optimized to drive Mille-series speakers and subwoofers. The ML Power 1 is a mono amplifier that is stable down to 1Ω.
CEA-2006-A Power Output: The ML Power 1 is compliant with the CEA-2006-A Amplifier Power Standard, which makes it easy for consumers to compare amplifier power specs from one brand to another. The amplifier's CEA-2006-A ratings include:
- RMS Power (4Ω, ≤ 1% THD+N, 14.4 volts): 600 watts x 1
- S/N Ratio (ref. 1W output): 83.5 dBA
Hertz Power Output Specs: Hertz publishes the following power output specs:
- RMS Output Power (14.4 volts, THD 1%):
- 600 watts x 1 (4Ω)
- 1000 watts x 1 (2Ω)
- 1000 watts x 1 (1Ω)
Auto Remote Turn-On (ART): The ML Power 1 features ART (Auto Remote Turn-On) which automatically powers on and off the amplifier when an audio signal (or lack of one) is detected on the speaker-level inputs. This is especially helpful when connecting the amplifier to an OEM radio. It eliminates the need for running a remote lead from the head unit to the amp. ART is only available with Speaker Level inputs.
Optional Hertz Remote Control (HRC BM): The ML Power 1 is compatible with the optional HRC BM remote control. The HRC BM allows you to adjust the volume down to -50dB or up to 6dB. The rotary control has a detent at 0dB to mark the normal amp output. The HRC BM comes with a 19.5' cable.
Amplifier Controls: The versatile Hertz ML Power 1 has a full array of filters and controls to help you configure your audio system for maximum performance. Most of the controls are located on top of the amplifier, under a removable cover, and include the following:
- Level: The rotary Level control lets you match the input of the amplifier to the output of your head unit. The amp will accept either line level (RCA) or speaker level (Euroblock) inputs. The sensitivity range is 0.2V to 5V (preamp level) or 0.8V to 20V (speaker level).
- Subsonic: The Subsonic Filter cuts ultra-low frequencies which cannot be cleanly reproduced, and may cause damage to your subwoofers. This rotary control is continuously variable from 18Hz and 40Hz. The Subsonic filter has a 24dB/octave slope.
- Lo Pass: This rotary control sets the cut off frequency for the low pass filter (40-500 Hz). The filter has a 24dB/octave slope.
- Phase: This rotary control lets you adjust the phase angle between 0° and 180°. The Phase control is centered at 80Hz. At frequencies above or below this point, the phase angle decreases. You should adjust the phase control for the best bass response.
- Remote Volume Control: This 2-way slide switch should be in the On position when you have connected the optional HRC BM remote volume control.
- Hi In Auto Turn-on: If you are using speaker-level inputs, this 2-way switch, located on the side of the amplifier) engages the amplifier's ART (Auto Remote Turn-on) feature. The amplifier will turn on when it detects the presence of an audio signal on the inputs. When there is no longer an audio signal present, the amp will turn itself off.
Connections: The ML Power 1 has the following connections:
- Power/Ground/Remote Turn-on: The amplifier is equipped with set-screw type terminals for power, ground, and remote turn-on. The power and ground terminals will accept up to 4 AWG wire, while the remote terminal will accept up to 10 AWG wire. In most cases, 4 AWG power and ground wires are recommended. Typically, an 18 AWG remote turn-on lead is used, unless the Automatic Remote Turn-on (ART) is used. The set screws can be tightened/loosened with a Phillips-head screwdriver (not included).
- Fuses: Three 40A ATO (blade type) fuses are installed in the amplifier. Three spare fuses are also included. A 120A fuse should be placed within 18" of the battery on the +12V power wire as well.
- Speaker Outputs: The amp provides set screw terminals for one or two subwoofers. The minimum impedance rating for the connected load is 1Ω. The subwoofer terminals are internally wired in parallel. The set screws can be tightened/loosened with a Phillips-head screwdriver (not included).
- RCA Input: Stereo RCA inputs are provided for connecting an aftermarket head unit to the amplifier. The inputs will accept a signal between 0.2V and 5V.
- RCA Output: Stereo RCA outputs allow you to pass on the signal to another amplifier. The preamp output signal is full range, and unaffected by any crossover.
- Speaker Input: The speaker inputs, labeled "Hi In," feature a 4-pin Euroblock-type connector. The removable connector has 4 slots for the source unit's speaker wires. The Euroblock connector requires a small flat head screwdriver (not included). The speaker inputs will accept a signal between 0.8V and 20V.
- Remote Control: The optional HRC BM (Hertz Remote Control-Bass Management) allows you to adjust the output volume of the amplifier from the dashboard. The amplifier has a 3.5mm connector to accept the plug from the remote control's cable.
- Power Supply: 11-15 Volts DC
- Idling Current: 2A (on); 0.04 mA (off)
- Consumption (1Ω, 14.4V Max Musical Power): 83.5A
- Remote In: 4-15 Volts DC / 1mA
- Frequency Bandwidth (-3dB): 18Hz to 500Hz
- Distortion - THD (100Hz at 4Ω): 0.08%
- S/N Ratio (A-weighted at 1V): 105dB
- Damping Factor (100Hz at 4Ω): 100