About the Hertz Mille ML Power 4
For high-powered thrill-seekers
For high-powered thrill-seekers
Hertz's Mille ML Power 4 amp combines the versatility of a multi-channel amp with some serious full-range Class-D firepower. This Mille Power Series 4-channel amp can send each of your front and rear speakers 120 watts RMS, which is the kind of power that makes high-performance aftermarket components sound their best. You could also use this amplifier in 3-channel mode to power your front speakers with 120 watts RMS each, while sending 500 watts RMS to a subwoofer. Or, with the amp in bridged 2-channel mode, you could power two subwoofers with 500 watts RMS each.
Bi-amp a 2-way active system
The ML Power 4's onboard variable crossovers have extraordinarily wide frequency ranges — stretching up to 5000 Hz for Channel-A — so, for instance, you could use the amp to power two tweeters with one pair of channels, and a couple midrange or mid-bass woofers with the other pair.
Fits and works almost anywhere
Hertz engineered this amp using advanced D-Class technology to ensure efficient and reliable performance. The amp's heat sink is built with both extruded and die-cast aluminum to help keep the amp running cool, even when pushed hard. High-level inputs feature Hertz' ART™ (Automatic Remote Turn-on), so this amp can be used to improve the sound in almost any system, even one using the factory radio.
When you think of Italian cars, you think of style, performance, and awesome sound. Same goes for Italian audio gear. Hertz speakers, subs, and amps have made cars sound super since 1998. Known for great sound and technological innovation, high-end gear from Hertz will bring powerful performance audio to any vehicle or vessel.
- 4-channel car amplifier
- 120 watts RMS x 4 at 4 ohms (250 watts RMS x 4 at 2 ohms)
- 500 watts RMS x 2 bridged at 4 ohms (4-ohm stable in bridged mode)
- CEA-2006 compliant
- Class-D amplifier technology
- frequency response: 5-55,000 Hz
- Channel A:
- variable high- or low-pass filter (50-5000 Hz, 12 dB/octave)
- Channel B:
- variable high- or low-pass filter (80-3300 Hz, 12 dB/octave)
- preamp and speaker-level inputs
- Automatic Remote Turn-on with speaker-level inputs
- preamp outputs
- fuse rating: 40A x 2
- wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- 4-gauge power and ground wire recommended
- 11-3/8"W x 1-7/8"H x 6-3/4"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # ML POWER 4
What's in the box:
- 4-Channel amplifier
- Four 40A ATO fuses (2 installed)
- Four 1" self-tapping screws
- Quick Start Guide
- Warranty card
More details on the Hertz Mille ML Power 4
Features & specs
|RMS Power Output (Watts x Channels)||
120 x 4 |
|Peak Power Output (Watts x Channels)||---|
|Power at 2 Ohms (Watts x Channels)||250 x 4|
|Bridged Power (Watts x Channels)||500 x 2|
|Minimum Impedance Bridged||4|
|Minimum Impedance Unbridged||2|
|Best Frequency Response||5-55k Hz|
|THD at Rated RMS Power||1%|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||80 dB|
|Low-Pass Crossover Frequency||50-5000A, 80-3300B|
|Low-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12 dB/octave|
|High-Pass Crossover Frequency||50-5000A, 80-3300B|
|High-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12 dB/octave|
|Bass Boost Frequency||N/A|
|Speaker Level Inputs||Euroblock|
|Preamp Outputs||1 pair|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Overview: The Hertz Mille Power series amplifiers feature Advanced D-Class (ADC) technology to deliver high-end performance and efficiency. They feature thermally-optimized, double-extruded aluminum heat sinks. Heat is transferred away from the internal components and out to the heat sinks where it is dissipated through the sides of the amp. Mille Power amps are optimized to drive Mille-series speakers and subwoofers. The ML Power 4 is a 4-channel amplifier for driving front and rear speakers, or subwoofers.
CEA-2006-A Power Output: The ML Power 4 is compliant with the CEA-2006-A Amplifier Power Standard, which makes it easy for consumers to compare amplifier power specs from one brand to another. The amplifier's CEA-2006-A ratings include:
- RMS Power (4Ω, ≤ 1% THD+N, 14.4 volts): 120 watts x 4
- S/N Ratio (ref. 1W output): 80 dBA
Hertz Power Output Specs: Hertz publishes the following power output specs (RMS Output Power, 14.4 volts, THD 1%):
- 4 Channel: 150 watts x 4 (4Ω)
- 4 Channel: 250 watts x 4 (2Ω)
- 3 Channel: 150 watts x 2 (4Ω) + 500 watts x 1 (4Ω)
- 3 Channel: 250 watts x 2 (4Ω) + 500 watts x 1 (4Ω)
- 2 Channel: 500 watts x 2 (4Ω)
Auto Remote Turn-On (ART): The ML Power 4 features ART (Auto Remote Turn-On) which automatically powers on and off the amplifier when an audio signal (or lack of one) is detected on the speaker-level inputs. This is especially helpful when connecting the amplifier to an OEM radio. It eliminates the need for running a remote lead from the head unit to the amp. ART is only available with Speaker Level inputs.
Amplifier Controls: The versatile Hertz ML Power 4 has a full array of filters and controls to help you configure your audio system for maximum performance. Most of the controls are located on top of the amplifier, under a removable cover, and include the following:
- Level: The rotary Level control lets you match the input of the amplifier to the output of your head unit. The amp will accept either line level (RCA) or speaker level (harness) inputs. The sensitivity range is 0.2V to 5V (preamp level) or 0.8V to 20V (speaker level). There are separate Level controls for the Front and Rear channels.
- Pass Mode: The amplifier has selectable low pass and high pass filters. This 3-way switch lets you choose Full, Hi-pass, or Lo-pass. The front (A) and rear (B) channels have different crossover frequency ranges. There are separate Pass Mode switches for the Front and Rear channels.
- Mode: The front and rear channels can be operated in stereo or mono. You can choose the mode with the 2-way Mode switch. If mono is selected, the right channel input is used for that pair of channels.
- Xover: The front and rear channels feature different crossover frequency ranges. The front (or A) channel crossover has a range of 50Hz - 500Hz. With the multiplier set to X10, the range goes to 500Hz - 5kHz. The rear (or B) channel crossover range is 80Hz to 3.3kHz. There is no multiplier on the rear channels.
- Hi-In Auto Turn-On: You can activate or deactivate the ART (Automatic Remote Turn-On) feature with the 2-way switch, located on the end of the amplifier. When set to On, you must use the Hi-In speaker level inputs.
- B Input: If the source unit does not have line level outputs, you can feed the front channel signal to the rear channels by setting the B Input to the "A" position. If you're using separate front and rear inputs, the switch should be in the "B" position.
Connections: The ML Power 4 has the following connections:
- Power/Ground/Remote Turn-on: The amplifier is equipped with set-screw type terminals for power, ground, and remote turn-on. The power and ground terminals will accept up to 4 AWG wire, while the remote terminal will accept up to 10 AWG wire. In most cases, 4 AWG power and ground wires are recommended. Typically, an 18 AWG remote turn-on lead is used, unless the Automatic Remote Turn-on (ART) is used. The set screws can be tightened/loosened with a Phillips-head screwdriver (not included).
- Fuses: Two 40A ATO (blade type) fuses are installed in the amplifier. Two spare fuses are also included. An 80A fuse should be placed within 18" of the battery on the +12V power wire as well.
- Speaker Outputs: The amp provides set screw terminals for four speakers. The minimum impedance rating for the connected load is 2Ω. The set screws can be tightened/loosened with a Phillips-head screwdriver (not included).
- RCA Input: Two stereo RCA inputs are provided for connecting an aftermarket head unit to the amplifier. The inputs will accept a signal between 0.2V and 5V.
- RCA Output: Stereo RCA outputs allow you to pass on the signal to another amplifier. The preamp output signal is full range, and unaffected by any crossover.
- Speaker Input: The speaker inputs, labeled "Hi In," feature 4-pin Euroblock-type connectors. The removable connectors have 4 slots for the source unit's speaker wires. The Euroblock connector requires a small flat head screwdriver (not included). The speaker inputs will accept a signal between 0.8V and 20V.
- Power Supply: 11-15 Volts DC
- Idling Current: 1.5A (on); 0.04 mA (off)
- Consumption (2Ω, 14.4V Max Musical Power): 50A
- Remote In: 4-15 Volts DC / 1mA
- Frequency Bandwidth (-3dB): 5Hz to 55kHz
- Distortion - THD (100Hz at 4Ω): 0.08%
- S/N Ratio (A-weighted at 1V): 100dB
- Damping Factor (100Hz at 4Ω): 80
- Pre-in Impedance: 15kΩ
- Speaker-in Impedance: 470Ω