About the LIFX Clean Bulb
Lighting that helps clean your home
Lighting that helps clean your home
Replacing your standard bulb with a LIFX Clean bulb is a really easy way to massively upgrade your mood lighting. Like the regular A19 bulb, this one offers a staggering number of color options and a wide white range. But this bulb can also emit HEV (high-energy visible) light that can help keep your home clean.
Disinfect surfaces with safe antibacterial light
HEV light appears blue, unlike invisible UV light. Exposing your home's surfaces to this special wavelength can eliminate bacteria like E. coli and S. aureus ("Staph") over time. And LIFX describes the HEV light emitted by this bulb as safe for people, pets, and plants.
Easy to control with the app
This bulb works directly with your Wi-Fi, so there's no need for a hub. Brightness and color can be adjusted using the LIFX app. You can also set all kinds of lighting schedules, including on-off, fade, and color changes.
Set up customized cleaning cycles
The app is where you control the bulb's antibacterial functionality, too. You can schedule the clean cycle for times when you don't need to use the bulb as a normal light. Your clean cycle will vary depending on where and how you're using the bulb.
- table lamp: close-range cleaning for small objects, like your phone and keys (as little as 2 hours)
- floor lamp or pendant light: mid-range fixtures keep surfaces like kitchen and bathroom sinks clean with an overnight cycle (approximately 8 hours)
- overhead lighting: gradually reduce bacteria in larger spaces using a longer cycle (approximately 12 hours)
Use your voice
This bulb also works with all the major voice assistants, so you can control it hands-free whether you use Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant, or Siri. That means you can turn your light on or off, dim it, and change the color just by asking.
- standard A19/E26 Edison screw bulb fits most common light fixtures
- choose from 550 billion colors and many shades of cool to warm white light to match any mood or event
- emits HEV (high-energy visible) light to help eliminate bacteria in your home
- 405nm light appears blue and is proven to reduce bacteria like E. Coli and S. aureus ("Staph") over time
- adjustable brightness up to 1200 lumens
- color temperature range: 1500K to 9000K
- works with your Wi-Fi — no hub required
- control your bulbs with the free LIFX app for Apple® and Android™
- schedule bacteria-reducing Clean Cycle to turn on HEV light when not in use as a normal bulb
- operate lights when you are away from home
- create on-off, fade, and color-change schedules
- Day & Dusk feature adjusts bulb based on the changing color temperature of the sun
- create and save scenes and effects
- schedule and control infrared (IR) night vision options
- compatible with voice assistant devices (sold separately):
- rated at 11.5 watts at full brightness (roughly equivalent to a 80-watt halogen bulb)
- expected life span: 22.8 years
- requires 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi router
- 2-1/2" diameter x 4-5/8"H
- weight: 7.05 oz.
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # LHLA19E26UVUS
What's in the box:
- Lifx Clean A19 LED light bulb with E26 Edison screw base
- Get Started booklet
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the LIFX Clean Bulb
Overview: The LIFX Clean is a Wi-Fi-controlled smart LED light bulb with a full color output and variable color temperature. Its HEV (High Energy Visible) light helps eliminate bacteria throughout your home. The bulb has a standard E26 Edison screw base, and fits traditional light sockets. The LIFX White has 1100 lumens of brightness, which is equivalent to a 75-watt incandescent bulb. It is dimmable down to 1% through the LIFX app and voice control through many of the leading voice assistants. The LIFX app lets you set a schedule to turn the light or off for convenience and security. The LIFX White is an energy saver, with an estimated energy cost of only $1.32 per year (based on 3 hours use per day and 11¢ per kilowatthour. This long-lasting bulb has an estimated life span of 22.8 years (based on 3 hours use per day).
Clean Cycle: LIFX Clean's HEV light can help kill up to 90% of S.aureus and E.coli bacteria on surfaces, depending on the time and distance. You can clean your phone, keys, makeup brushes, kitchen cutting boards, and other items by placing them under the light. When you're not using the bulb as a standard smart light, you can activate its Clean Cycle by pressing the dedicated button on the LIFX app and run it at least 1 hour. The Clean bulbs can be placed in bathrooms, kitchens, bedrooms, desks, or anywhere you want to sanitize. Because each bulb can be named in the app, you can set up individual Clean Cycle schedules to clean the areas while your away, or while you sleep. Unlike UV lighting, LIFX Clean's HEV light is perfectly safe for humans, pets, and plants.
Color Output: The LIFX Clean features up to 550 billion colors, or white light ranging from 1500K (warm white) to 9000K (Daylight). You can vary the color output or color temperature using the LIFX app.
Wi-Fi: LIFX light bulbs connect via Wi-Fi (802.11 b/g/n) and need no hub or bridge. LIFX bulbs only support 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi networks. It is protected by WPA and WPA2 security. Each light in your system can be named, with the location identified, and placed into a group. The LIFX app is required to control any of the LIFX bulbs.
- Fitting: E26 Edison Screw
- Brightness: 1100 Lumens (equivalent to 75 watt incandescent)
- Wattage Use: 11.5 Watts at full brightness; < 0.5 Watts at standby
- Voltage Range: AC 100-240V, 50/60 Hz
- Color Temperature: 1500K - 9000K
- Beam Angle: 135°
- Dimming*: via software only (app or voice only); 1% to 100%
- Estimated LED Lifespan: 22.8 years (based on 3 hours usage per day average)
- Dimensions: Diameter 2.495" Height 4.419"
- Weight: 5.75 ounces
* The bulb is not compatible with phase-cut dimmers.
LIFX App: You can control all of your LIFX lighting products through the LIFX app, available for iPhone/iPad/iPod touch (iOS 13.0 or later), watchOS (6.0 or later), or Android (version varies with device). You can group together all of the lights in each room and control them individually or as a group. The app offers the following controls:
- Dashboard: The Dashboard on the Home Screen provides shortcuts for controlling a whole group with a slider, or expand to control individual lights in a group. You can use a LIFX photo to represent each room, if desired.
- Schedules: You can automate your lights to fade or turn on or off using the calendar-style view. Settings can be configured for different times of the day, including "Day" and "Dusk." If you're going to be away from home, you can set irregular schedules to simulate occupancy.
- Themes: You can choose from a wide variety of combinations for a group with one click.
- Scenes: You can set the lighting in each room for different activities or moods, then save it for later use. Typical scenes include Movie, Wake-up, Bedtime, and Party.
- Color: With color-capable bulbs, you can choose different colors to set a mood or "paint" your room with light. Colors can be chosen from a huge palette and saved to the app. If you have LIFX Z, Beam, Tile, or Candle lights, you can "paint" with your finger in the app to apply color to each area of your room.
- Effects: Not only can you choose a color or brightness, the Effects page of the app puts your lights into motion, with special effect such as the music visualizer, fire, move, candle flicker, strobe, color cycle, and more.
Voice Assistant Compatible: LIFX bulbs work with many of the leading Voice Assistants, including Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant, as well as Microsoft Cortana and Siri (through Apple HomeKit). These Voice Assistants allow you to use your voice to turn on, turn off, dim, brighten, change colors, and much more. In addition, LIFX can be added to digital services such as IFTTT (If This Then That) to integrate your lights with other apps, such as the Weather Channel, Twitter, Facebook, and even location services to perform specific actions in response to a specific event. Other compatible integration services include Microsoft Cortana, Xfinity Home, Flic, Razer, Flic, Brilliant, Xfinity, Samsung SmartThings, and Yonomi.