About the LIFX Beam Starter Kit
Mood-lighting that's unique to you
Mood-lighting that's unique to you
I have an LED strip that adds a colorful glow to my living room, but its utilitarian look means it's relegated to being hidden behind my TV. This LIFX Beam, on the other hand, will upgrade your mood lighting, and it will look good doing it.
This starter kit comes with six straight pieces and one corner piece that you can combine in almost any way you want. Each segment of the Beam is held together with tiny magnetic pin connectors. And you can attach your whole creation to the wall using the adhesive hook-and-loop strips included on each piece.
Choose from loads of presets or create your own color scheme for the Beam in the LIFX app.
Each straight section of the Beam has ten customizable zones, while the included corner piece has one zone. That means you can choose up to 61 different colors at once if you want.
The Beam connects directly to your Wi-Fi so there's no need for a hub. You can adjust the brightness and color of each zone using the free LIFX app. Choose from all sorts of presets or save your own favorite formulas. You can also use the app to set lighting schedules — including on-off, fade, and color changes. The Day & Dusk feature adjusts your light based on the changing color temperature of the sun.
The Beam works with most of the major voice assistants, too, so you can control it hands-free whether you use Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant, or Siri. That means you can turn it on or off, dim it, and recall your favorite presets just by asking.
- modular light bar set has 6 straight beam pieces and 1 corner
- choose from 16 million colors and blended white light to match any mood or event
- Polychrome Technology™ creates 61 adjustable zones per pack (10 in each individual straight beam piece and 1 per corner)
- pieces snap together with magnetic pin connectors
- attach to wall or other flat surfaces with included adhesive-backed hook-and-loop strips
- color temperature range: 2500K to 9000K
- works with your Wi-Fi — no hub required
- control your bulbs with the free LIFX app for Apple® and Android™
- operate lights when you are away from home
- create on-off, fade, and color-change schedules
- create and save scenes and effects
- compatible with voice assistant devices (sold separately):
- expected life span: 22.8 years
- requires 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi router
- maximum length using additional pieces (sold separately): 8 straight, 2 corner segments
- 8.2-foot power cable with in-line controller
- each straight beam piece measures 11-13/16"L x 1-7/16"W x 13/16"D
- weight (each straight piece): 3.38 oz.
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # L3BEAMKITUS
What's in the box:
- 6 LED light bars with variable colors and adhesive strips
- 3-way Corner connector
- LED Controller with attached 17" and 78" cables
- LED power supply (DC output: 24V 1.25A)
- US 2-prong AC plug adapter
- Layout/Setup card
- Setup instructions
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the LIFX Beam Starter Kit
Overview: The Lifx Beam Starter Kit is a Wi-Fi-controlled smart LED light bar with a variable color output. This Starter Kit consists of six 11.8-inch light bar sections, a corner connector, a Wi-Fi controller, and a power cable. The magnetic sections connect together end-to-end with a corner piece for making right angles. Two additional beam sections and another corner can be added to maximize your Beam system. The Lifx Beam is for indoor use only.
Customizable Zones: Lifx's exclusive Polychrome Technology™ lets you create blended light within a single unit. Each Beam section has 10 addressable zones, plus one in the corner piece, for a total of 61 areas with exclusive effects and 16-million colors per starter kit (or 82 zones if you add two more beam sections and a corner).
Brightness: The Beam puts out approximately 1200 lumens over all six sections, which is equivalent to a little more light output than a 75-watt incandescent bulb. The light bar reaches 100% brighness in one second or less. You can choose from up to 16-million colors and blended white light with a color temperature range of 2500K to 9000K. The Beam is dimmable down to 1% through the Lifx app and voice control through many of the leading voice assistants. The Lifx app also lets you set a schedule to turn the light or off for convenience and security. The Beam is an energy saver, consuming only 23 Watts at full brightness (for all 6 sections). This long-lasting bulb has an estimated life span of 22.8 years.
Installation: The individual Beam light bars have two adhesive 3M Command Strips™ on the back for mounting them onto any flat surface. The magnetized ends connect together, making the 3-pin electrical connection. The corner piece has electrical connections on three sides, allowing you make right-angle turns to make "L" or "T" shapes. The included LED Controller, which houses the Wi-Fi receiver, has nearly 8 feet of cable from the AC adapter to the Beam's power connector.
Wi-Fi: Lifx light products connect via Wi-Fi (802.11 b/g/n) and need no hub or bridge. Lifx Beam only supports 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi networks. It is protected by WPA and WPA2 security. Each Lifx light bulb in your system can be named, with the location identified, and placed into a group. The Lifx app is required to control any of the Lifx bulbs.
Lifx Beam Specifications:
- Brightness: 1200 Lumens
- Wattage Use: 27 Watts (for 6 Beams) at full brightness; < 1 Watt at standby
- Voltage Range: AC 100-240V, 50/60 Hz
- Included Length: 6 individual beams and 1 corner (61 addressable zones)
- Maximum Length: 8 individual beams and 2 corners (82 addressable zones)
- Color Temperature: 2500 to 9000K
- Dimming*: via software only (app or voice only); 1% to 100%
- Estimated LED Lifespan: 22.8 years (based on 3 hours usage per day average)
- Dimensions (individual Beam): Length 11.832", Width 1.381", Height 0.826"
- Weight (individual Beam): 3.4 ounces
* The bulb is not compatible with phase-cut dimmers.
Lifx App: You can control all of your Lifx lighting products through the Lifx app, available for iOS (12.0 or later), watchOS (6.0 or later), or Android (version varies with device). You can group together all of the lights in each room and control them individually or as a group. The app offers the following controls:
- Dashboard: The Dashboard on the Home Screen provides shortcuts for controlling a whole group with a slider, or expand to control individual lights in a group. You can use a Lifx photo to represent each room, if desired.
- Schedules: You can automate your lights to fade, change color, or turn on or off using the calendar-style view. Settings can be configured for different times of the day, including "Day" and "Dusk." If you're going to be away from home, you can set irregular schedules to simulate occupancy.
- Themes: You can choose from a wide variety of color combinations for a group with one click.
- Scenes: You can set the lighting in each room for different activities or moods, then save it for later use. Typical scenes include Movie, Wake-up, Bedtime, and Party.
- Color: With color-capable bulbs, you can choose different colors to set a mood or "paint" your room with light. Colors can be chosen from a huge palette and saved to the app. If you have Lifx Z, Beam, Tile, or Candle lights, you can "paint" with your finger in the app to apply color to each area of your room.
- Effects: Not only can you choose a color or brightess, the Effects page of the app puts your lights into motion, with special effect such as the music visualizer, fire, move, candle flicker, strobe, color cycle, and more.
Voice Assistant Compatible: Lifx bulbs work with many of the leading Voice Assistants, including Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant, as well as Microsoft Cortana and Siri (through Apple HomeKit). These Voice Assistants allow you to use your voice to turn on, turn off, dim, brighten, change colors, and much more. In addition, Lifx can be added to digital services such as IFTTT (If This Then That) to integrate your lights with other apps, such as the Weather Channel, Twitter, Facebook, and even location services to perform specific actions in response to a specific event. Other compatible integration services include Nest, Razer, Flic, Brilliant, Xfinity, Samsung SmartThings, and Yonomi.