About the LIFX A19+ Bulb
Lighting that's fun and helpful
Lighting that's fun and helpful
Replacing your standard bulb with the LIFX A19+ is a really easy way to massively upgrade your mood lighting. Like the regular A19 bulb, this one offers a staggering number of color options and a wide white range. But this bulb can dramatically improve your security camera's night vision, too. If you have a camera that can see 950nm infrared (IR) light, the A19+ can help it capture more detailed nighttime footage by lighting up areas that are out of the range covered by your camera's built-in IR LEDs.
You won't be able to see the infrared light directly, but it can help your security cameras see better.
Easy to control with the app
This bulb works directly with your Wi-Fi, so there's no need for a hub. Brightness and color can be adjusted using the LIFX app. You can also set all kinds of lighting schedules, including on-off, fade, and color changes.
The app is where you control the bulb's infrared functionality, too. You can schedule times when you'd like it to come on, or you can simply have it automatically turn on the IR whenever the bulb is off or its brightness is under 5%. IR can be set to 100%, 50%, 25%, or off.
Or you can use your voice
This bulb also works with all the major voice assistants, so you can control it hands-free whether you use Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant, Microsoft Cortana, or Siri. That means you can turn your light on or off, dim it, and change the color just by asking.
- standard A19/E26 Edison screw bulb fits most common light fixtures
- choose from 1 trillion colors and many shades of cool to warm white light to match any mood or event
- emits controllable infrared light for night vision
- extends the night vision of your security camera (sold separately)
- camera must be able to see 950nm IR light
- adjustable brightness up to 1100 lumens
- IP65 rated for water resistance
- color temperature range: 2500K to 9000K
- works with your Wi-Fi — no hub required
- control your bulbs with the free LIFX app for Apple® and Android™
- operate lights when you are away from home
- create on-off, fade, and color-change schedules
- Day & Dusk feature adjusts bulb based on the changing color temperature of the sun
- create and save scenes and effects
- schedule and control infrared (IR) night vision options
- compatible with voice assistant devices (sold separately):
- compatible with Samsung SmartThings (sold separately)
- rated at 11 watts at full brightness (roughly equivalent to a 75-watt halogen bulb)
- expected life span: 22.8 years
- requires 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi router
- 2-1/2" diameter x 4-9/16"H
- weight: 7.4 oz.
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # LHA19E26UC10P
What's in the box:
- LED light bulb with variable color and an E26 Edison screw base
- Setup instructions
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the LIFX A19+ Bulb
Overview: The Lifx A19 + is a Wi-Fi-controlled smart LED light bulb with a variable color output. It has an E26 Edison screw base, and fits traditional screw-type light sockets. The A19 + bulb has a flat top and a much lower beam angle than the round top Lifx Mini. It has a bright 1100 lumens of brightness, which is equivalent to a 75-watt incandescent bulb. The Lifx A19 + features one trillion colors, plus a wide range of white light output from warm to cool. It is dimmable down to 1% through the Lifx app and voice control through many of the leading voice assistants. The Lifx app lets you set a schedule to turn the light or off for convenience and security. The A19 + is an energy saver, with an estimated energy cost of only $1.32 per year. This long-lasting bulb has an estimated life span of 22.8 years.
A19 vs. A19 +: The A19 + bulb adds an infrared light feature that improves your home security. The A19 + has infrared (IR) LEDs that emit an invisible light that will enhance the night vision of your security cameras. The IR LEDs automatically turn on when the light's visible brightness is 5% or below. You can also use the Lifx app to select a brightness percentage for the IR lights to turn on, from 100%, 50%, or 25%, or you can disable the Night Vision feature if you desire. The A19 + bulb is also water-resistant (IP65-rated).
Wi-Fi: Lifx light bulbs connect via Wi-Fi (802.11 b/g/n) and need no hub or bridge. Lifx bulbs only support 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi networks. It is protected by WPA and WPA2 security. Each light in your system can be named, with the location identified, and placed into a group. The Lifx app is required to control any of the Lifx bulbs.
Lifx A19 + Specifications:
- Fitting: E26 Edison Screw
- Brightness: 1100 Lumens
- Wattage Use: 11 Watts at full brightness; < 0.5 Watts at standby
- Voltage Range: AC 100-240V, 50/60 Hz
- Color Temperature: 2500 to 9000K
- Beam Angle: 135°
- Dimming*: via software only (app or voice only); 1% to 100%
- Estimated LED Lifespan: 22.8 years (based on 3 hours usage per day average)
- Dimensions: Diameter 2.506" Height 4.493"
- Weight: 7.5 ounces
* The bulb is not compatible with phase-cut dimmers.
Lifx App: You can control all of your Lifx lighting products through the Lifx app, available for iOS (12.0 or later), watchOS (6.0 or later), or Android (version varies with device). You can group together all of the lights in each room and control them individually or as a group. The app offers the following controls:
- Dashboard: The Dashboard on the Home Screen provides shortcuts for controlling a whole group with a slider, or expand to control individual lights in a group. You can use a Lifx photo to represent each room, if desired.
- Schedules: You can automate your lights to fade, change color, or turn on or off using the calendar-style view. Settings can be configured for different times of the day, including "Day" and "Dusk." If you're going to be away from home, you can set irregular schedules to simulate occupancy.
- Themes: You can choose from a wide variety of color combinations for a group with one click.
- Scenes: You can set the lighting in each room for different activities or moods, then save it for later use. Typical scenes include Movie, Wake-up, Bedtime, and Party.
- Color: With color-capable bulbs, you can choose different colors to set a mood or "paint" your room with light. Colors can be chosen from a huge palette and saved to the app. If you have Lifx Z, Beam, Tile, or Candle lights, you can "paint" with your finger in the app to apply color to each area of your room.
- Effects: Not only can you choose a color or brightess, the Effects page of the app puts your lights into motion, with special effect such as the music visualizer, fire, move, candle flicker, strobe, color cycle, and more.
Voice Assistant Compatible: Lifx bulbs work with many of the leading Voice Assistants, including Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant, as well as Microsoft Cortana and Siri (through Apple HomeKit). These Voice Assistants allow you to use your voice to turn on, turn off, dim, brighten, change colors, and much more. In addition, Lifx can be added to digital services such as IFTTT (If This Then That) to integrate your lights with other apps, such as the Weather Channel, Twitter, Facebook, and even location services to perform specific actions in response to a specific event. Other compatible integration services include Nest, Razer, Flic, Brilliant, Xfinity, Samsung SmartThings, and Yonomi.