About the LIFX White Bulb (650 lumens)
A great smart home starter
A great smart home starter
Replace almost any standard bulb with the LIFX Mini White to add smart control to your lamp or fixture.
This white bulb from LIFX is a simple and cost-effective way to add or expand smart lighting within your home. Simply replace your standard incandescent or CFL with this Edison-style LED bulb, and you'll get easy-to-control, dimmable, warm white light.
Easy app and voice control
The LIFX Mini White light bulb connects directly to your Wi-Fi so there's no need for a hub. You then use the LIFX app to dim your light, or turn it off and on. You can also create your own lighting schedules using the app.
This bulb also works with all the major voice assistants, so you can control it hands-free whether you use Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant, or Siri. That means you can dim your lights or turn them on and off just by asking.
- standard E26 Edison screw bulb fits most common light fixtures
- adjustable brightness up to 650 lumens (roughly equivalent to a 50-watt incandescent bulb)
- color temperature: 2700K (warm white light)
- works with your Wi-Fi — no hub required
- control your bulbs with the free LIFX app for Apple® and Android™
- operate lights when you are away from home
- create on-off and fade schedules
- create and save scenes and effects
- compatible with voice assistant devices (sold separately):
- Apple HomeKit (Siri)
- Amazon Alexa
- Google Home
- rated at 8.5 watts at full brightness
- expected life span: 22.8 years
- requires 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi router
- 2-3/8" diameter x 4-3/16"H
- weight: 4.58 oz.
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # L3A19LW06E26US
What's in the box:
LIFX White Bulb (650 lumens) owner's manual
- White A19 LED bulb with E26 Edison screw base
- Get Started booklet
LIFX White Bulb (650 lumens) reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the LIFX White Bulb (650 lumens)
Overview: The LIFX White is a Wi-Fi-controlled smart LED light bulb with a warm white output. It has an E26 Edison screw base, and fits traditional screw-type (E26 Edison) light sockets. The LIFX White has 650 lumens of brightness, which is equivalent to a 50-watt incandescent bulb. It is dimmable down to 1% through the LIFX app and voice control through many of the leading voice assistants. The LIFX app lets you set a schedule to turn the light or off for convenience and security. The LIFX White is an energy saver, with an estimated energy cost of only $1.02 per year (based on 3 hours use per day and 11¢ per kilowatthour. This long-lasting bulb has an estimated life span of 22.8 years (based on 3 hours use per day).
Wi-Fi: LIFX light bulbs connect via Wi-Fi (802.11 b/g/n) and need no hub or bridge. LIFX bulbs only support 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi networks. It is protected by WPA and WPA2 security. Each light in your system can be named, with the location identified, and placed into a group. The LIFX app is required to control any of the LIFX bulbs.
- Fitting: E26 Edison Screw
- Brightness: 650 Lumens
- Wattage Use: 8.5 Watts at full brightness; < 0.5 Watts at standby
- Voltage Range: AC 100-240V, 50/60 Hz
- Color Temperature: 2700K Warm White
- Beam Angle: 236°
- Dimming*: via software only (app or voice only); 1% to 100%
- Estimated LED Lifespan: 22.8 years (based on 3 hours usage per day average)
- Dimensions: Diameter 2.372" Height 4.135"
- Weight: 4 ounces
* The bulb is not compatible with phase-cut dimmers.
LIFX App: You can control all of your LIFX lighting products through the LIFX app, available for iPhone/iPad/iPod touch (iOS 13.0 or later), watchOS (6.0 or later), or Android (version varies with device). You can group together all of the lights in each room and control them individually or as a group. The app offers the following controls:
- Dashboard: The Dashboard on the Home Screen provides shortcuts for controlling a whole group with a slider, or expand to control individual lights in a group. You can use a LIFX photo to represent each room, if desired.
- Schedules: You can automate your lights to fade or turn on or off using the calendar-style view. Settings can be configured for different times of the day, including "Day" and "Dusk." If you're going to be away from home, you can set irregular schedules to simulate occupancy.
- Themes: You can choose from a wide variety of combinations for a group with one click.
- Scenes: You can set the lighting in each room for different activities or moods, then save it for later use. Typical scenes include Movie, Wake-up, Bedtime, and Party.
- Color: With color-capable bulbs, you can choose different colors to set a mood or "paint" your room with light. Colors can be chosen from a huge palette and saved to the app. If you have LIFX Z, Beam, Tile, or Candle lights, you can "paint" with your finger in the app to apply color to each area of your room.
- Effects: Not only can you choose a color or brightness, the Effects page of the app puts your lights into motion, with special effect such as the music visualizer, fire, move, candle flicker, strobe, color cycle, and more.
Voice Assistant Compatible: LIFX bulbs work with many of the leading Voice Assistants, including Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant, as well as Microsoft Cortana and Siri (through Apple HomeKit). These Voice Assistants allow you to use your voice to turn on, turn off, dim, brighten, change colors, and much more. In addition, LIFX can be added to digital services such as IFTTT (If This Then That) to integrate your lights with other apps, such as the Weather Channel, Twitter, Facebook, and even location services to perform specific actions in response to a specific event. Other compatible integration services include Microsoft Cortana, Xfinity Home, Flic, Razer, Flic, Brilliant, Xfinity, Samsung SmartThings, and Yonomi.