About the LIFX Mini Color
A color for every occasion
A color for every occasion
If you are looking for a lighter, more compact version of the full-size A19 LIFX bulb, this Mini is the way to go. It doesn't get quite as bright as its larger counterpart — which also means that it uses a bit less energy. And it still offers a billion color options, so you can find just the right shade for every mood. You'll also get a huge range of cool to warm white light. But perhaps the best part is that it works directly with your Wi-Fi, so there's no need for a hub.
The LIFX app lets you dial in just the right shade and brightness for every situation.
Control it however you want
The LIFX app lets you adjust the brightness and color of your bulb. You can also set all kinds of lighting schedules, including on-off, fade, and color changes. The Day & Dusk feature adjusts your light based on the changing color temperature of the sun.
This bulb also works with all the major voice assistants, so you can control it hands-free whether you use Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant, Microsoft Cortana, or Siri. That means you can turn your light on or off, dim it, and change the color just by asking.
- standard E26 Edison screw bulb fits most common light fixtures
- choose from 1 billion colors and many shades of cool to warm white light to match any mood or event
- adjustable brightness up to 800 lumens
- color temperature range: 2500K to 9000K
- works with your Wi-Fi — no hub required
- control your bulbs with the free LIFX app for Apple® and Android™
- operate lights when you are away from home
- create on-off, fade, and color-change schedules
- Day & Dusk feature adjusts bulb based on the changing color temperature of the sun
- create and save scenes and effects
- compatible with voice assistant devices (sold separately):
- compatible with Samsung SmartThings (sold separately)
- rated at 9 watts at full brightness (roughly equivalent to a 60-watt incandescent bulb)
- expected life span: 22.8 years
- requires 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi router
- 2-3/8" diameter x 4-3/16"H
- weight: 5.05 oz.
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # L3A19MC08E26
What's in the box:
- LED light bulb with variable color and an E26 Edison screw base
- Setup Instructions
LIFX Mini Color reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the LIFX Mini Color
Overview: The Lifx Mini Color is a Wi-Fi-controlled smart LED light bulb with a variable color output. It has an E26 Edison screw base, and fits traditional screw-type light sockets. The Mini Color has 800 lumens of brightness, which is equivalent to a 60-watt incandescent bulb. It features billions of colors, plus a wide range of white light output from warm to cool. It is dimmable down to 1% through the Lifx app and voice control through many of the leading voice assistants. The Lifx app lets you set a schedule to turn the light or off for convenience and security. The Mini Color is an energy saver, with an estimated energy cost of only $1.08 per year. This long-lasting bulb has an estimated life span of 22.8 years.
Wi-Fi: Lifx light bulbs connect via Wi-Fi (802.11 b/g/n) and need no hub or bridge. Lifx bulbs only support 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi networks. It is protected by WPA and WPA2 security. Each light in your system can be named, with the location identified, and placed into a group. The Lifx app is required to control any of the Lifx bulbs.
Mini Color Specifications:
- Fitting: E26 Edison Screw
- Brightness: 800 Lumens
- Wattage Use: 9 Watts at full brightness; < 0.5 Watts at standby
- Voltage Range: AC 100-240V, 50/60 Hz
- Color Temperature: 2500 to 9000K
- Beam Angle: 250°
- Dimming*: via software only (app or voice only); 1% to 100%
- Estimated LED Lifespan: 22.8 years (based on 3 hours usage per day average)
- Dimensions: Diameter 2.374" Height 4.13"
- Weight: 5.05 ounces
* The bulb is not compatible with phase-cut dimmers.
Lifx App: You can control all of your Lifx lighting products through the Lifx app, available for iOS (12.0 or later), watchOS (6.0 or later), or Android (version varies with device). You can group together all of the lights in each room and control them individually or as a group. The app offers the following controls:
- Dashboard: The Dashboard on the Home Screen provides shortcuts for controlling a whole group with a slider, or expand to control individual lights in a group. You can use a Lifx photo to represent each room, if desired.
- Schedules: You can automate your lights to fade, change color, or turn on or off using the calendar-style view. Settings can be configured for different times of the day, including "Day" and "Dusk." If you're going to be away from home, you can set irregular schedules to simulate occupancy.
- Themes: You can choose from a wide variety of color combinations for a group with one click.
- Scenes: You can set the lighting in each room for different activities or moods, then save it for later use. Typical scenes include Movie, Wake-up, Bedtime, and Party.
- Color: With color-capable bulbs, you can choose different colors to set a mood or "paint" your room with light. Colors can be chosen from a huge palette and saved to the app. If you have Lifx Z, Beam, Tile, or Candle lights, you can "paint" with your finger in the app to apply color to each area of your room.
- Effects: Not only can you choose a color or brightess, the Effects page of the app puts your lights into motion, with special effect such as the music visualizer, fire, move, candle flicker, strobe, color cycle, and more.
Voice Assistant Compatible: Lifx bulbs work with many of the leading Voice Assistants, including Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant, as well as Microsoft Cortana and Siri (through Apple HomeKit). These Voice Assistants allow you to use your voice to turn on, turn off, dim, brighten, change colors, and much more. In addition, Lifx can be added to digital services such as IFTTT (If This Then That) to integrate your lights with other apps, such as the Weather Channel, Twitter, Facebook, and even location services to perform specific actions in response to a specific event. Other compatible integration services include Nest, Razer, Flic, Brilliant, Xfinity, Samsung SmartThings, and Yonomi.