About the LIFX Z LED Strip Extension
Expand your LIFX Z LED Strip system
The LIFX Z LED Starter Kit delivers 6.6 feet of colorful fun. But the system can actually support up to 33 feet — that's where this extension strip comes in. You can add up to eight more (sold individually) to create a spectacular light show.
Choose from fun presets, or create your own mix of colors using the free LIFX app.
Convenient app control
This add-on strip gets its power and Wi-Fi connection directly from your existing LIFX starter kit starter so it's pretty much plug and play. Each strip has eight individually controllable zones, and you can adjust the brightness and color of each zone using the free LIFX app. Choose from all sorts of presets or save your own favorite formulas using your choice of 16 million colors and loads of cool to warm shades of white.
You can also use the app to set lighting schedules — including on-off, fade, and color changes.
Or use your voice
This system works with most of the major voice assistants, too, so you can control it hands-free whether you use Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant, or Siri. That means you can turn it on or off, dim it, and recall your favorite presets just by asking.
- 3.3-foot add-on light strip for LIFX Z LED Strip systems (required for use)
- Polychrome Technology™ allows 8 adjustable zones per strip
- creates colorful ambient lighting behind entertainment systems or under bars or cabinets
- great for low-level lighting in your hallways or staircases
- expandable up to 32.8 feet with additional strips (sold separately)
- choose from 16 million colors to match any mood or event
- adjustable brightness up to 700 lumens per strip
- gets power and Wi-Fi connection directly from your existing LIFX starter kit
- compatible with:
- each strip measures 3-5/16"L x 1/16"W
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # LZ1MEUC07
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the LIFX Z LED Strip Extension
Overview: The Lifx Z LED Light Strip Extension is a Wi-Fi-controlled smart LED light strip with a variable color output. This Extension consists of one 3.3' LED light strip section, which can be added to the required Z Starter Kit (item 304ZLEDSTK) for additional length. It is not a stand-alone item. Up to 10 LED strip sections can be connected together for a total of 33 feet (10 meters). The Lifx Z LED Light Strip is for indoor use only.
Customizable Zones: Lifx's exclusive Polychrome Technology™ lets you create blended light within a single unit. Each Z LED Light Strip section has 8 addressable zones with exclusive effects and 16-million colors.
Brightness: The Lifx Z Extension puts out 700 lumens total. If you string together the maximum 10 meters, the maximum light output is 2800 lumens. You can choose from up to 16-million colors and blended white light with a color temperature range of 2500K to 9000K. The Z light strips are dimmable down to 1% through the Lifx app and voice control through many of the leading voice assistants. The Lifx app also lets you set a schedule to turn the light or off for convenience and security. The Z extension is an energy saver, consuming only 8 Watts at full brightness. This long-lasting light has an estimated life span of 22.8 years.
Installation: The flexible LED Light Strip Extension is adhesive-backed for mounting it onto virtual any surface, flat or curved. The LED strip plugs end-to-end with another strip via a 4-pin electrical connection. The LED Controller, included with the Starter Kit houses the Wi-Fi receiver, has nearly 8 feet of cable from the AC adapter to the Z's power connector.
Wi-Fi: Lifx light products connect via Wi-Fi (802.11 b/g/n) and need no hub or bridge. The Lifx Z LED Light Strip only supports 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi networks. It is protected by WPA and WPA2 security. Each Lifx light bulb in your system can be named, with the location identified, and placed into a group. The Lifx app is required to control any of the Lifx bulbs.
Lifx Z Specifications:
- Brightness: 700 Lumens
- Wattage Use: 8 Watts; < 0.5 Watts at standby
- Voltage Range: AC 100-240V, 50/60 Hz
- Beam Angle: 120°
- Included Length: 1 meter
- Maximum Length: 10 meters
- Color Temperature: 2500 to 9000K
- Dimming*: via software only (app or voice only); 1% to 100%
- Estimated LED Lifespan: 22.8 years (based on 3 hours usage per day average)
- Dimensions: Length 3.3', Width 0.483", Height 0.149"
- Weight: 1.55 ounces
* The strip is not compatible with phase-cut dimmers.
Lifx App: You can control all of your Lifx lighting products through the Lifx app, available for iOS (12.0 or later), watchOS (6.0 or later), or Android (version varies with device). You can group together all of the lights in each room and control them individually or as a group. The app offers the following controls:
- Dashboard: The Dashboard on the Home Screen provides shortcuts for controlling a whole group with a slider, or expand to control individual lights in a group. You can use a Lifx photo to represent each room, if desired.
- Schedules: You can automate your lights to fade, change color, or turn on or off using the calendar-style view. Settings can be configured for different times of the day, including "Day" and "Dusk." If you're going to be away from home, you can set irregular schedules to simulate occupancy.
- Themes: You can choose from a wide variety of color combinations for a group with one click.
- Scenes: You can set the lighting in each room for different activities or moods, then save it for later use. Typical scenes include Movie, Wake-up, Bedtime, and Party.
- Color: With color-capable bulbs, you can choose different colors to set a mood or "paint" your room with light. Colors can be chosen from a huge palette and saved to the app. If you have Lifx Z, Beam, Tile, or Candle lights, you can "paint" with your finger in the app to apply color to each area of your room.
- Effects: Not only can you choose a color or brightess, the Effects page of the app puts your lights into motion, with special effect such as the music visualizer, fire, move, candle flicker, strobe, color cycle, and more.
Voice Assistant Compatible: Lifx bulbs work with many of the leading Voice Assistants, including Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant, as well as Microsoft Cortana and Siri (through Apple HomeKit). These Voice Assistants allow you to use your voice to turn on, turn off, dim, brighten, change colors, and much more. In addition, Lifx can be added to digital services such as IFTTT (If This Then That) to integrate your lights with other apps, such as the Weather Channel, Twitter, Facebook, and even location services to perform specific actions in response to a specific event. Other compatible integration services include Nest, Razer, Flic, Brilliant, Xfinity, Samsung SmartThings, and Yonomi.