About the Samsung LN19A330
If you're looking for a TV for your kitchen or home office, check out the Samsung LN19A330. This set delivers a brilliant high-definition picture, while sporting a compact cabinet that fits easily into tight spaces.
This model employs an advanced LCD panel design with great contrast and deep black levels. It includes built-in tuners for digital and analog over-the-air signals, plus a "QAM" cable TV tuner that lets you tune in unscrambled channels without a set-top box (cable service is required).
The LN19A330's HDMI input accommodates the growing number of HD satellite receivers and video game consoles that use this digital connection. Composite and S-video inputs make it easy to connect a VCR or camcorder. And a dedicated computer input lets this set pull double duty as a computer monitor.
Tip: For a list of over-the-air digital TV stations you can receive, as well as antenna recommendations for your location, enter your zip code in AntennaWeb's mapping tool.
- 18.9" screen (measured diagonally)
- widescreen 16:9 aspect ratio
- high-gloss black finish
- built-in digital (ATSC) and analog (NTSC) tuners for over-the-air TV broadcasts (antenna required)
- built-in QAM cable TV tuner receives unscrambled programs without a set-top box (cable service required)
- 1440 x 900 pixels
- 8-millisecond pixel response time
- 3000:1 dynamic contrast ratio
- built-in stereo speakers (3 watts x 2)
- remote control
- picture settings memory for each video input
- 3 A/V inputs, including:
- 1 composite video
- 1 S-video
- 1 component video (accepts signals up to 1080i)
- 1 HDMI (accepts signals up to 1080i)
- PC input: analog RGB (D-Sub 15-pin)
- RF input for antenna/cable signals
- optical digital audio output for Dolby® Digital
- Energy Star® 3.0 compliant see our article on TV power consumption for more info about this and other testing standards
- detachable stand (stand "footprint" is 10-5/8"W x 7-1/8"D)
- wall-mountable (bracket included)
- 18-7/8"W x 14-1/8"H x 3-1/4"D (15-3/8"H x 7-1/8"D on stand)
- weight: 11.5 lbs. with stand
- warranty: 1 year parts & labor carry-in service
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # LN19A330
What's in the box:
- 19" LCD TV on pedestal stand/wall mount
- Wireless remote control (BN59-00678A)
- 2 "AAA" batteries
- 6' AC power cord
- 2 Decoration covers (left and right--used when wall mounting)
- Wall-mount bracket
- 3 Phillips flat-head screws
- 3 Plastic wall anchors
- Cleaning cloth
- User Manual
- "Installing the Wall Mount Kit" sheet
- Quick Setup Guide
- Limited Warranty to Original Purchaser sheet
- Important Safety Instructions
Samsung LN19A330 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Samsung LN19A330
Features & specs
HDTV (ATSC) Tuner: The LN19A330 has a built-in over-the-air HDTV (ATSC) tuner, so you don't have to purchase a separate digital set-top box to receive and decode over-the-air HDTV/SDTV signals. It also has a Clear QAM tuner for cable channels.
8ms Response Time: One of the most important features for an LCD panel is the pixel response time. Response time refers to the amount of time it takes a pixel to "refresh" itself-to go from being active to being inactive, (ready to be re-activated). The lower the milliseconds, the faster the response time. A television's very fast 8ms response time virtually eliminates any blurring and gives you smooth-motion action scenes
Display Resolution: The display has a resolution of 1440 x 900. The unit will accept 1080i, 720p, 480i and 480p signals, and has a built-in image "scaler" to handle a variety of digital and analog audio/video sources. The "scaler" converts the signals from all video sources to match the LCD panel's native resolution.
Contrast Ratio: This TV has a 3000:1 dynamic contrast ratio, giving you brilliant brightness and contrast for superior picture and detail from both PC and TV images.
Automatic Picture Settings: You can choose one of the following picture settings, each input stores its own setting:
- Standard: Uses the standard factory settings
- Dynamic: For viewing the TV during the day, or when there is bright light in the room
- Movie: For viewing the TV in low light
Note: You can adjust and store the following settings for each picture setting: contrast, brightness, sharpness, color, tint, color tone and backlight.
Picture Sizes: You can choose one of the following picture sizes:
- Wide: Adjusts the picture size to Wide, appropriate for DVDs or wide broadcasts
- 16:9: Sets the picture to 16:9 wide mode
- Zoom 1: Magnifies the size of the picture and allows you to move the enlarged picture using the arrows on the remote
- Zoom 2: Magnifies the size of the picture more than Zoom 1 and allows you to move the enlarged picture using the arrows on the remote
- 4:3: Sets the picture to 4:3 normal mode, with black bars on both sides
- Just Scan: To see the full image without any cutoff when HDMI 720p/1080i signals are input
Input Source Names: You can assign a name for the component connected to each of the inputs. When input naming is completed, you will no longer have to remember which component is connected to each input when selecting a source to watch. Source names you can choose from include: VCR, DVD, Cable StB, Satellite STB, PVR STB, AV Receiver, Game, Camcorder, PC, TV, IPTV, Blue-Ray, and HD DVD.
Channel Labels: Each analog channel programmed into memory can be labeled with a name up to 5 characters. Digital channel names are already assigned and cannot be edited.
Favorite Channel: You can create a list of your favorite channels and recall the list using the FAV.CH button on the remote.
PC-Capable: This unit has a 15-pin D-Sub (RGB) input that allows you to use it as a high-resolution computer monitor. The HDMI input can also be used for connecting the PC. The TV can be set to automatically adjust to the video signals received, or you can use the setup menu to adjust the screen quality and position. No cables are supplied for connecting the TV to a PC.
Digital Signal Strength Meter: The digital signal strength meter can be used to help you find the antenna position that delivers the highest HDTV digital signal strength.
Analog Channel Fine Tuning: The fine tuning feature allows you to manually adjust analog channels for optimal reception. A separate fine tuning setting may be put into the TV's memory for each analog channel.
Digital Noise Reduction: If the broadcast signal received by your TV is weak, you can activate the Digital Noise Reduction feature to help reduce any static and ghosting that may appear on the screen.
HDMI Black Level: You can select the black level for the HDMI input on the screen to adjust the screen depth.
Film Mode: The TV can be set to automatically sense and process film signals from all sources and adjust the picture from optimum quality.
Auto Volume: Auto volume automatically adjusts the volume of the desired channel, lowering the sound output when the modulation signal is high or raising the sound output when the modulation signal is low. This reduces the difference in volume when changing channels.
EQ: You can adjust the 5-band EQ, which includes the following frequencies: 100 Hz, 300 Hz, 1 kHz, 3 kHz, and 10 kHz. You can also set the balance between the left and right channels.
Automatic Sound Settings: You can choose from the following sound settings:
- Standard: Uses the standard factory settings
- Music: For watching music videos and concerts
- Movie: For watching movies
- Speech: For watching a show that is mostly dialogue
- Custom: Recalls your personal EQ settings
SRS TruSurround XT: TruSurround is a patented SRS technology that solves the problem of playing 5.1 multi-channel content using only two speakers. TruSurround delivers a compelling, virtual surround sound experience through the two speaker internal playback system. It is fully compatible with all multi-channel formats.
V-Chip: The V-Chip automatically locks out programs that are deemed inappropriate for children. You can set up the parameters for the V-Chip using the TV Parental Guidelines, MPAA (movie) ratings, Canadian French, or Canadian English ratings systems. The V-Chip function is protected by a 4-digit PIN.
Energy Saver: This feature adjust the brightness of the TV in order to reduce power consumption. When watching TV at night, set the Energy Saver feature to High to reduce eye fatigue as well as power consumption. You can set this feature to High, Medium, Low or Off.
Sleep Timer: The sleep timer switches the television off after a specified amount of time. The sleep timer can be set to 30, 60, 90, 120, 150, or 180 minutes.
On/Off Timers: The three On/Off timers allow you to program the television to turn itself on and off by selecting a specific on time and a specific off time. You also choose the On Timer's channel and Volume. The on and off timers work independently of one another.
On/Off Melody: A unique melody plays when the TV is turned on and off. You can turn this feature off if you prefer.
TV Only Remote: The supplied remote is pre-programmed to operate this unit only.
Detachable Stand: The LN19A330 comes with a table-top stand for easy placement on top of a counter or table. While on the stand, the TV can be tilted forward 2° and tilted backward 14° for the best viewing angle. The stand can be converted to a wall mount using the supplied bracket, or detached if you wish to use a universal wall mount bracket.
Integrated Wall Mount Bracket: A triangular metal bracket is included with the TV to be used to wall-mount the TV. The TV's stand can be tilted backward 90° and locked into place. The metal bracket attaches to the wall with three screws (included, along with plastic wall anchors), and the TV stand hooks into the bracket. Once mounted, the TV can be tilted between 0° and 10°.
VESA Mounting Bracket Standard: The TV also has 4 mounting holes on the back for an aftermarket wall-mount bracket. The spacing of the mounting holes is VESA 100 (100mm x 100mm), in accordance with the industry standards set by the Video Electronics Standards Association. The mounting holes accommodate M4 screws. Without the stand, the TV weighs 10.4 pounds.
Kensington Lock: When mounting the monitor in a public place, you can secure it with an optional anti-theft device called a Kensington Lock. This TV has a slot on the rear panel to accommodate a Kensington Lock device.
Inputs: This TV has three A/V inputs, all located on the back panel:
- HDMI: This HDMI input can be used to connect a DVD player, Game console, HDTV or Satellite Set-top box with an HDMI output. It can also be used to connect a device with a DVI output (a DVI-to-HDMI adapter cable is necessary). If a DVI-equipped device is used, separate audio cables will also be needed from the device to the "DVI In" RCA stereo audio jacks. No audio cables are needed for an HDMI-equipped device. The HDMI input can also be used to connect a PC to this TV. The HDMI jack will accept 1080i, 720p, and 480p signals.
- Component Video: A DVD player, Game Console, HDTV or Satellite Set-top box with a component video output can be connected. Separate RCA stereo audio inputs are provided. The Component Video jack will accept 1080i, 720p, 480p, and 480i signals.
- Video/S-Video: An A/V device can be connected to the TV using either a composite or S-Video cable. You cannot use both composite and S-Video at the same time. Separate RCA stereo audio inputs are provided.
PC: This input consists of a stereo mini-jack and an analog RGB (D-Sub 15-pin) jack. This jack allows you to connect a personal computer with a D-Sub 15-pin output. When using the RGB (D-Sub 15-pin) jack, you must use the PC Audio 3.5mm input for your audio connection.
Headphone: There is a 3.5mm headphone mini-jack on the back panel of the TV. The television's speakers are muted once you connect a set of headphones.
Digital Audio: The optical digital output (with plastic cover) on the rear panel will output Dolby Digital (when available) or 2 channel PCM.
The Samsung LN19A330 replaces these items