About the Samsung UN19F4000
A small-screen gem
A small-screen gem
The Samsung UN19F4000 is a terrific little 19" TV. Its advanced LED backlight delivers superior picture contrast by expanding the range of gray tones from deep black to brilliant white. You'll also be impressed by its wide, accurate color palette. And this TV is incredibly energy-efficient, too.
Inputs for your favorite sources
The UN19F4000 provides two HDMI inputs and a component video input for connecting your high-definition gear. You also get a USB input for plugging in a camera or thumb drive — it's like having an oversized digital photo frame anytime you want.
- 18.5" screen (measured diagonally)
- edge-lit LED backlight provides good picture contrast
- Motion Rate 120 blur reduction (60Hz refresh rate)
- tuner receives over-the-air HDTV broadcasts (antenna required)
- QAM cable TV tuner (subscription required to receive cable channels)
- built-in stereo speakers (3 watts x 2)
- illuminated remote control
Connections and Dimensions:
- 3 A/V inputs, including:
- 2 HDMI
- 1 component video (selectable component/composite)
- RF input for antenna/cable signals
- USB input for connecting a camera or thumb drive
- this TV has no audio output for connecting a sound bar or other audio system
- minijack headphone output
- detachable stand (stand "footprint" is 7-1/8"W x 4-15/16"D)
- wall-mountable (bracket not included)
- 17-3/4"W x 11-1/4"H x 3-3/8"D (12-1/2"H x 4-15/16"D on stand)
- weight: 5.7 lbs. with stand; 5.5 lbs. without stand
- warranty: 1 year parts & labor carry-in service
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # UN19F4000BFXZA
What's in the box:
- 19" LED-LCD TV
- AC power adapter (w/ attached 58" DC cord)
- 5' AC power cord
- Pedestal stand
- Wireless remote control (AA59-00600A)
- 2 "AAA" batteries
- Three 4mm x 12mm screws
- User Manual
- Quick Start Guide
- Warning! Important Safety Instructions
- Important Safety Precautions
- "Stop/Samsung Support" note
EnergyGuide:View EnergyGuide label
Samsung UN19F4000 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Samsung UN19F4000
Features & specs
LED Edge-Lighting: Samsung's LED Edge-Lighting technology allows for a high dynamic contrast ratio and ultra-sharp blacks by allowing multiple LEDs to turn on an off automatically based on the image. LED Edge-Lighting also provides more natural color representation and deep reds and greens, because Samsung uses white LEDs that produce 105% of the broadcast color gamut. The television's white LEDs are arranged along the left and right edges of the screen and a proprietary light guide is used to focus its luminance inwards towards the middle of the screen for a more uniform brightness. Overall, this LED Backlight system produces contrast with stronger blacks and whites, and greater subtlety of every gradation in between.
Clear Motion Rate 120: Clear Motion Rate (CMR) is Samsung's more comprehensive and accurate measure for how well the LED-LCD TV can display fast-moving images. Previously, motion clarity was expressed simply by the refresh rate, measured in Hz. CMR, however, takes into account all three factors that contribute to motion clarity: panel refresh rate (60Hz), image processor speed and backlight technology. CMR is measured by determining the thinnest line a TV can display in a moving image. The thinner the line, the higher the CMR rating, and the clearer the picture you'll enjoy on the screen.
Wide Color Enhancer Plus: Wide Color Enhancer Plus allows you to see picture color the way the director originally intended. Witness the entire RGB spectrum brought to life on your screen to bring you exceptionally vibrant, yet natural-looking images faithful to the director's original intent.
Motion Lighting: The TV automatically adjust the brightness of the screen in response to the brightness of the room. In bright light, the screen brightens. In dim light, the screen dims.
HDTV Tuner: The TV has built-in over-the-air HDTV (ATSC) and Digital Cable (QAM) tuners, so you don't need a separate set-top box to receive and decode over-the-air HDTV/SDTV or unencrypted Digital Cable signals.
720p Resolution: The LED-LCD television displays all inputs at a resolution of 720p (1366 x 768). The television's HDMI and component video inputs will accept 1080p (24/60Hz), 1080i, 720p, 480p and 480i video signals.
- HDMI (v.1.3): The Samsung LED-LCD TV features two HDMI 1.3 inputs. In addition, any HDMI input can be used to connect a PC to this TV.
- Component Video: The Samsung LED-LCD TV features a single component video input. The TV's component video input can also be used as a composite video input (480i only).
Screen Sizes: You can choose one of the following screen sizes:
- 16:9: Sets the picture to 16:9 wide mode.
- Zoom 1: Vertically enlarges the size of the picture and allows you to move the enlarged picture using the arrows on the remote.
- Zoom 2: Vertically enlarges the size of the picture more than Zoom 1 and allows you to move the enlarged picture using the arrows on the remote.
- Wide Fit: Proportionally enlarges the picture to fit the entire screen without changing the aspect ratio.
- 4:3: Sets the picture to 4:3 normal mode with pillars on the left and right of the screen.
- Screen Fit: See the full image with no resizing when HDMI (720p/1080i/180p) or Component (1080i/1080p) signals are inputted
Note: Screen Size settings can be stored for each external input.
Picture Control: You can make the following adjustments for an optimum picture.
- Picture Modes: Picture Modes apply preset adjustments
to the picture.
- Standard: suitable for a normal environment
- Dynamic: suitable for a bright room
- Movie: suitable for watching movies in a dark room
- Entertain: sharpens the picture for games (only available when TV is connected to a PC)
- Manual Picture Settings: The TV has several options for
manually adjusting the picture quality.
- Backlight: adjusts the brightness of the LED backlight
- Contrast: increases or decreases the contrast between dark and light areas of the picture
- Brightness: adjusts the brightness level of the picture (not as effective as Backlight setting)
- Sharpness: sharpens or dulls the edges of objects
- Color: adjusts the color saturation of the picture
- Tint (G/R): adjusts the amount of green and red in a picture
- Advanced Picture Settings: The TV also offers more
advanced picture adjustments for fine tuning.
- Black Tone: adjusts the black level on the screen to adjust the screen depth
- Dynamic Contrast: adjusts the screen contrast so that the optimal contrast is provided
- Gamma: adjusts the primary color (red, green, blue) intensity
- Color Space: adjusts the range of colors available to create the image (Auto/Native)
- Flesh Tone: adjusts the amount of red in skin tones
- White Balance: adjusts the color temperature for more natural picture colors
- Picture Options: Additional picture options provide you
with a better viewing experience.
- HDMI Black Level: select the black level on the screen to adjust the screen depth when you have a component connected via HDMI to the television
- Color Tone: adjusts the overall color tone of the televisions using one of four presets: Cool, Normal, Warm 1, Warm 2
- Digital Clean View: if the broadcast signal received by the TV is weak, you can activate the Digital Clean View feature to reduce any static and ghosting that may appear on the screen
- MPEG Noise Filter: reduces MPEG noise to provide an improved picture
- LED Clear Motion: removes drag from fast scenes with a lot of movement to provide a clearer picture
Note: You can adjust and store Picture Settings for each external input.
Film & Game Modes: The television provides Film & Game modes.
- Film Mode: The TV can be set to automatically sense and process film signals from all sources and adjust the picture from optimum quality. Film mode is supported in TV, AV, Component (480i/1080i), and HDMI (480i/1080i).
- Game Mode: When connecting the television to a game console, you can enjoy a more realistic gaming experience when selecting Game Mode.
Samsung MagicAngle: When viewing the TV screen at an angle from below or above, you can select from one the Samsung MagicAngle modes to optimize picture quality according to your viewing position. You can choose from Lean Back Mode( when viewing from a slightly lower position) or Standing Mode (when viewing from an uppers position).
DTS TruSurround: DTS TruSurround is a patented DTS technology that solves the problem of playing 5.1 multichannel content over two speakers. DTS TruSurround delivers a compelling, virtual surround sound experience through any two-speaker playback system, including the internal television speakers. It is fully compatible with all multichannel formats.
Sound Modes: You can choose from the following Preset Sound Modes:
- Standard: Selects the normal sound mode.
- Music: Emphasizes music over voices.
- Movie: Provides the best sound for movies.
- Clear Voice: Emphasizes voices over other sounds.
- Amplify: Amplify mode is for people who have difficulty hearing.
Equalizer: You can manually adjusts the TV's built-in 5-band EQ (100 Hz, 300 Hz, 1 kHz, 3 kHz, and 10 kHz) for a more customized sound.
Auto Volume: Auto Volume automatically adjusts the volume of the desired channel, lowering the sound output when the modulation signal is high or raising the sound output when the modulation signal is low. This reduces the difference in volume when changing channels. The Auto Volume feature can be set to Normal, Night or Off.
Headphone Jack: The TV is fitted with a rear-panel 3.5mm headphone jack to connect a set of headphones for private listening.
ConnectShare: ConnectShare enables you to view photo and movie files, as well as listen to audio files saved on a USB Mass Storage Class device (MTP: Media Transfer Protocol is not supported) using the television's USB (type-A) port. Files must be formatted in FAT or NTFS. The TV can recognize up to 4,000 files and folders (2,000 files per folder).
- Video Playback: The TV supports the following Video formats (MPEG, DivX, XviD, & H.264) up to a maximum resolution of 1920 x 1080. Movie files are displayed in a folder and title list in either date or alphabetical order. The TV offers Play, Pause, Search, and Resume playback functions for compatible video files stored on a USB mass storage device.
- Still Image Playback: The TV supports JPEG still image files with a maximum resolution up to 15360 x 8640. JPEG still image files can be viewed as a slide show with background music or as a thumbnail view. Still images can also viewed full-screen and zoomed or rotated.
- Audio Playback: The TV supports MP3 audio files with a frequency rate of 32/44.1/48 kHz. MP3 music files are displayed in a folder and track list, and can be sorted by Artist, Album, or Genre. Music files can be repeated or shuffled in a selected folder.
Firmware/Software Updates: Firmware/software upgrades can be performed by downloading the latest firmware/software updates from Samsung's Support Site to a USB thumbdrive.
5-Way Joy Stick: The television is equipped with a 5-way "joy stick" like button on the rear-panel that lets you control the TV without the remote control.
Input Source Names: You can assign a pre-programmed name to each of the inputs. When input naming is completed, you will no longer have to remember which component is connected to each input when selecting a source to watch. Source names include VCR, DVD, Cable STB, Satellite STB, PVR STB, AV Receiver, Game, Camcorder, PC, TV, DVI PC, DVI Device, IPTV, Blu-Ray, HD-DVD, and Digital Media Adapter.
Close Captions (CC): The Samsung LED-LCD TV provides Analog Closed Captions and Digital Closed Captions. The Digital CC offers customizable text, font, and size. The Caption feature does not work for Component and HDMI input sources.
Program Rating Lock: The Program Rating Lock feature automatically locks out programs that are deemed inappropriate for children. You can block TV program based on their ratings and Movies based on their MPAA rating, so you have more control over what your children watch. The Program Rating Lock function is protected by a 4-digit PIN.
Energy Star Compliant with ECO Settings: The Samsung LED-LCD TV is Energy Star compliant and provides ECO settings to reduce the TV's power consumption and cut-down on energy costs.
- Eco Sensor: Samsung's unique Eco light sensor measures the intensity of the room's light and automatically calibrates the brightness of the image on the screen. In a sun-filled environment, the screen gets brighter and in dim surroundings, the intensity is reduced. This feature optimizes the viewing experience while also saving you energy.
- Energy Saver: This feature adjust the brightness of the TV in order to reduce power consumption. When watching TV at night, set the Energy Saver feature to High to reduce eye fatigue as well as power consumption. You can set this feature to High, Medium, Low, or Picture Off (sound remains on).
- No Signal Standby: The TV will automatically switch to standby mode, if no picture is being received for a predetermined set amount of time (15, 30, or 60 minutes).
- Auto Power Off: The TV will be automatically turn off after 4 hours of being left idle to prevent overheating.
Timers: The Samsung LED-LCD TV offers programmable On/Off Timers and a Sleep Timer.
- On/Off Timer: The three On/Off timers allow you to program the television to turn itself on and off by selecting a specific on time and a specific off time. An On/off timer can be set to repeat only once, everyday, Mon-Fri, Mon-Sat, or Sat-Sun. You can also choose the On Timer's content (TV, USB, or Antenna) and volume. The on and off timers work independently of one another.
- Sleep Timer: The sleep timer switches the television off after a specified amount of time. The sleep timer can be set to 30, 60, 90, 120, 150, or 180 minutes.
Self Diagnosis: The Samsung LED-LCD TV provides a Self Diagnosis menu which allows you to check the television for picture, sound, and signal problems.
Auto Protection Time: If the screen remains idle with a still image for a certain period of time (2, 4, 8, 10 hours) defined by the user, the TV's built-in screen saver is activated to prevent the formation of host images on the screen.
Wireless Remote: The supplied remote control is designed to only operate the Samsung LED-LCD television only. You can use the remote control up to a distance of about 23' from TV with a direct line of sight. The remote's buttons are backlit and will light up with a press of a button. This remote control has Braille points on the Power, Channel, Volume, and # 5 buttons for the visually impaired.
Pedestal Stand: The TV is shipped with the pedestal stand unattached. The pedestal stand attaches to the television using the supplied hardware. The television weighs 5.7 lbs with the stand.
Wall Mounting: The TV has four threaded inserts on the back for use with an optional wall-mount bracket. The spacing of the mounting holes is 75mm (h) x 75mm (v). The threaded inserts require M4 (4mm) machine screws (not supplied). The television weighs 5.5 lbs without the stand.
Note: When mounting the TV on the stand or a wall (with optional bracket) leave 4" of clearance on each side of the television and 4" above/below the television for adequate ventilation.
Detachable AC Power Cord: The Samsung LED-LCD TV comes with an AC power adapter and 5' detachable AC power cord. The AC power adapter's DC cord sits 0.9375" out from the rear-panel. The AC power cord is fitted with a right-angle AC plug that sits 0.75" from the wall.
Kensington Lock: When mounting the monitor in a public place, you can secure it with an optional anti-theft device called a Kensington Lock (sold separately). This TV has a slot on the rear panel to accommodate a Kensington Lock device.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
13 questions already asked