- 256GB capacity
- USB Type-C connector
- USB 3.1 interface, backward compatible with USB 3.0/2.0
- high-speed file transfer for high-resolution photos, music, and videos
- read speeds up to 400MB/s
- transfer a 4GB file in as little as 11 seconds
- waterproof, shock-proof, temperature-proof, magnet-proof, and X-ray-proof
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # MUF-256DA/AM
What's in the box:
- 256 GB USB Type-C flash drive
- Cap (installed)
Samsung USB Type-C Flash Drive reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
This review was collected as part of a promotion
More details on the Samsung USB Type-C Flash Drive
Overview: The Samsung USB Type-C™ Flash Drive (MUF-256DA/AM) is a compact drive that plugs directly into your USB-C compatible smartphone, tablet, or laptop without an adapter. Since the USB-C connector is rotationally symmetrical, it plugs in correctly every time--no more flipping it over because you plugged it in the wrong way. This powerful flash drive is capable of transferring 4 GB files in as little as 11 seconds with up to 400MB/s USB read speeds. The USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-C drive is backwards-compatible with USB 3.0 and 2.0. In addition, this rugged memory storage features 5-proof technology to safeguard your data from environmental hazards. This flash drive has a capacity of 256 GB, and is backed by a 5-year warranty.
Design: The USB Type-C drive has a slim, compact design that is easy to take with you wherever you go. The drive has a metal chassis with a streamlined ergonomic form factor. The body and cap both have a receptacle for a lanyard. Dimensions (W x H x L): 0.627" x 0.324" x 1.16" w/o cap); Weight: 0.15 ounces.
Compatibility: The USB-C Flash Drive is compatible with computers and devices running the following operating systems:
- Windows: Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows 2000
- Mac: OS X v10.4 or later
- Linux: Linux v.2.4 or later
Transfer Speed: The Flash Drive has a SuperSpeed USB 3.2 Gen 1 interface, with a data transfer speed of up to 400 MB/s. This allows you to transfer large documents, videos, photos, and other data in seconds.
Storage Capacity: This USB-C Flash Drive has a capacity of 256 GB. Its actual usable capacity may be less due to formatting, operating system, applications, etc. It has the capacity to store the following:
- Photos: 63,730 photos (4032 x 3024 JPEG)
- Video: 12 hours (3840 x 2160, 4K UHD, 30 fps)
- Music: 22,872 songs (MP3)
Durability: The Samsung USB Type-C Flash Drive is built to protect your data from many environmental factors. Its 5-proof technology makes it reliable, protecting the memory components in the following ways:
- Water: Withstands submersion for up to 72 hours in 1 meter of sea water.
- Operating Temperature: 32°F to 140°F (0°C to 60°C)
- Non-operating Temperature: 14° to 158°F (-10° to 70°C)
- Shock: Up to 1500g gravitational acceleration (duration: 0.5ms, direction: x, y, z, 3 times)
- Magnetic: Protects your data from accidental erasure from strong magnetic sources, up to 15,000 gauss (equal to MRI).
- X-ray: Resists corruption of data from X-rays, up to 100 mGy (equal to airport X-ray machines).
So far so good! Compact and easy to use.
Zach from Pflugerville, TX