About the Samsung UN32H5500
Compact size, serious performance
Compact size, serious performance
Samsung's UN32H5500 provides the key performance and conveniences of larger TVs in a compact 32" design that fits comfortably in bedrooms, dens and offices. Its 1080p screen is pinpoint-sharp so you won't miss any details.
Built-in Wi-Fi® connects this TV to your home's wireless network so that even when you're engrossed in a movie or favorite show you can stay in touch with the online world.
Smart TV features on a budget
While some 32" Smart TVs aren't really all that smart, Samsung's UN32H5500 gives you fun ways to enjoy your favorite shows, movies, games and more, on the web and elsewhere. You'll find loads of movies and TV shows from reliable sources like Netflix® and Hulu Plus™, and more. And Samsung's latest AllShare™ networking feature makes it easy to tap your content whether it's on a PC or in the cloud.
Web functions are powered by Samsung's quad core processor, so you can expect fluid browsing and content streaming, and rapid switching between apps. There's also a screen mirroring feature that turns your compatible smartphone, tablet or computer into a second TV screen. Whatever is playing on your TV — Netflix, or live TV — is streamed via Wi-Fi to your device as well. You can watch movies, shows and sports all around the house, and you won't miss a moment.
- 31.5" screen (measured diagonally)
- glossy screen, black bezel and cabinet
- tuner receives over-the-air HDTV broadcasts (antenna required)
- QAM cable TV tuner (subscription required to receive cable channels contact your local service provider for details)
- RVU-compatible (for DIRECTV) DIRECTV subscribers with the Genie Whole-Home HD DVR can watch live broadcast and stored content on this TV without an additional receiver
- LED edge backlight for high picture contrast
- 60Hz refresh rate plus backlight scanning for blur reduction
- Internet-ready Smart TV plays Netflix® video and more (subscription required for some services)
- supports up to 5.1-channel audio with streaming movie services like Netflix and Vudu (audio quality depends on your connection speed)
- built-in Wi-Fi® to link to a wireless network
- quad-core processor for seamless web browsing and app multitasking
- AllShare video and music streaming from a DLNA-compatible Windows® PC
- screen mirroring send content wirelessly from the TV to a compatible smartphone or tablet
- Skype-compatible (requires Samsung camera sold separately)
- built-in stereo speakers (10 watts x 2)
- illuminated remote control
- free downloadable apps for iOS® and Android let you use a compatible smartphone or tablet as a remote control
- Anynet+ simplifies control of compatible Samsung components via the HDMI connection (HDMI-CEC)
- meets ENERGY STAR® requirements
Connections and Dimensions:
- 4 A/V inputs, including:
- 3 HDMI
- 1 component video (selectable component/composite)
- RF input for antenna/cable signals
- optical digital audio output (may only pass 2-channel audio from HDMI-connected sources)
- stereo minijack output for connecting a sound bar or home stereo system
- Ethernet port for a wired connection to a home network
- 2 USB inputs for connecting a camera or thumb drive
- detachable stand (stand "footprint" is 12-1/2"W x 6-7/16"D)
- wall-mountable (bracket not included)
- 28-7/16"W x 16-7/8"H x 2-3/4"D (18-3/16"H x 6-7/16"D on stand)
- weight: 11.6 lbs. with stand; 10.8 lbs. without stand
- warranty: 1 year parts & labor carry-in service
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 32H5500
What's in the box:
- 32" LED-LCD TV
- 5' AC power cord
- Pedestal base
- Pedestal neck
- Wireless remote control (AA59-01179A)
- 2 "AAA" batteries
- IR blaster
- Self-adhesive wire stand
- Seven 4mm x 12mm screws
- User Manual
- Setup Guide
- Important Safety Precautions
EnergyGuide:View EnergyGuide label
Samsung UN32H5500 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Samsung UN32H5500
Features & specs
LED Edge-Lighting: Samsung's LED Edge-Lighting technology allows for a high dynamic contrast ratio and ultra-sharp blacks by allowing multiple LEDs to turn on an off automatically based on the image. LED Edge-Lighting also provides more natural color representation and deep reds and greens, because Samsung uses white LEDs that produce 105% of the broadcast color gamut. The television's white LEDs are arranged along the left and right edges of the screen and a proprietary light guide is used to focus its luminance inwards towards the middle of the screen for a more uniform brightness. Overall, this LED Backlight system produces contrast with stronger blacks and whites, and greater subtlety of every gradation in between.
Clear Motion Rate 120: Clear Motion Rate (CMR) is Samsung's more comprehensive and accurate measure for how well the LED-LCD TV can display fast-moving images. Previously, motion clarity was expressed simply by the refresh rate, measured in Hz. CMR, however, takes into account all three factors that contribute to motion clarity: panel refresh rate (60Hz), image processor speed and backlight technology. CMR is measured by determining the thinnest line a TV can display in a moving image. The thinner the line, the higher the CMR rating, and the clearer the picture you'll enjoy on the screen.
Wide Color Enhancer Plus + Motion Lighting: With Wide Color Enhancer Plus, you'll witness a wider spectrum of colors on the TV screen, just like the director intended. You'll enjoy enriched colors while watching your favorite movies, and shows, even if it's older, non-HD content. The TV automatically adjust the brightness of the screen in response to the brightness of the room. In bright light, the screen brightens. In dim light, the screen dims.
1080p Resolution: The LED-LCD television displays all inputs at a resolution of 1080p (1920 x 1080). The television's HDMI and component video inputs will accept 1080p (24/60Hz), 1080i, 720p, 480p and 480i video signals.
- HDMI (v.1.4): The Samsung H5500 series LED-LCD TV features three HDMI 1.4 inputs. In addition, any HDMI input can be used to connect a PC to this TV.
- Component Video: The Samsung H5500 series LED-LCD TV features a single component video input. The TV's component video input can also be used as a composite video input (480i only).
Note: The TV has built-in over-the-air HDTV (ATSC) and Digital Cable (QAM) tuners with an RF-coaxial input, so you don't need a separate set-top box to receive and decode over-the-air HDTV/SDTV or unencrypted Digital Cable signals.
Picture Control: You can make the following adjustments for an optimum picture.
- Picture Sizes: You can choose one of the following
- 16:9: Sets the picture to 16:9 wide mode.
- Zoom 1: Vertically enlarges the size of the picture and allows you to move the enlarged picture using the arrows on the remote.
- Zoom 2: Vertically enlarges the size of the picture more than Zoom 1 and allows you to move the enlarged picture using the arrows on the remote.
- Wide Fit: Proportionally enlarges the picture to fit the entire screen without changing the aspect ratio.
- 4:3: Sets the picture to 4:3 normal mode with pillars on the left and right of the screen.
- Screen Fit: See the full image with no resizing when HDMI (720p/1080i/180p) or Component (1080i/1080p) signals are inputted.
- Smart View 1/2: Reduces the 16:9 picture by 50% (1) or 25% (2).
- Picture Modes: Picture Modes apply preset adjustments
to the picture.
- Dynamic: increases the brightness of the screen (suitable for bright rooms)
- Standard: suitable for a normal environment
- Natural: useful for reducing eye strain
- Movie: darkens the screen and reduces glare (appropriate for dark rooms)
- Entertain: sharpens images for a more dynamic viewing experience (only available when connected to a computer)
- Manual Picture Settings: The TV has several options for
manually adjusting the picture quality.
- Backlight: adjusts the brightness of the LED backlight
- Contrast: increases or decreases the contrast between dark and light areas of the picture
- Brightness: adjusts the brightness level of the picture (not as effective as Backlight setting)
- Sharpness: sharpens or dulls the edges of objects
- Color: adjusts the color saturation of the picture
- Tint (G/R): adjusts the amount of green and red in a picture
- Advanced Picture Settings: The TV also offers more
advanced picture adjustments for fine tuning.
- Dynamic Contrast: adjusts the screen contrast so that the optimal contrast is provided
- Black Tone: adjusts the black level on the screen to adjust the screen depth
- Flesh Tone: adjusts the amount of red in skin tones
- RGB Only Mode: displays the Red, Green, and Blue color for making find adjustments to the hue and saturation
- Color Space: adjusts the range of colors available to create the image (Auto/Native)
- White Balance: adjusts the color temperature for more natural picture colors
- Gamma: adjusts the primary color (red, green, blue) intensity
- Picture Options: Additional picture options provide you
with a better viewing experience.
- Color Tone: adjusts the overall color tone of the televisions using one of four presets: Cool, Normal, Warm 1, Warm 2
- Digital Clean View: if the broadcast signal received by the TV is weak, you can activate the Digital Clean View feature to reduce any static and ghosting that may appear on the screen
- MPEG Noise Filter: reduces MPEG noise to provide an improved picture
- HDMI Black Level: select the black level on the screen to adjust the screen depth when you have a component connected via HDMI to the television
- LED Clear Motion: removes drag from fast scenes with a lot of movement to provide a clear picture
Note: You can adjust and store Picture Settings for each external device connected to the TV or apply the settings to all inputs and sources.
Film & Game Modes: The television provides Film & Game modes.
- Film Mode: The TV can be set to automatically sense and process film signals from all sources and adjust the picture from optimum quality. Film mode is supported in TV, AV, Component (480i/1080i), and HDMI (480i/1080i).
- Game Mode: When connecting the television to a game console, you can enjoy a more realistic gaming experience when selecting Game Mode.
PIP (Picture-in-Picture): You can watch the TV's tuner and one external video source (component/HDMI) simultaneously). The component/HDMI source will be displayed as the main picture, while the TV channel will be displayed in a sub-screen, while which can be moved to each corner of the television's screen. You can switch the audio between the main screen and sub-screen.
DTS Premium Sound: The Samsung LED-LCD TV employs DTS Studio Sound processing with DTS TruSurround and DTS TruDialog which will decode DTS-encoded content, such as TV programming, Blu-ray movies, and streaming media, as well as processes stereo content to deliver an optimized virtual surround sound experience with enhanced bass response, clear dialog, and consistent volume levels through the TV speakers.
- DTS TruSurround: DTS TruSurround is a patented DTS technology that solves the problem of playing 5.1 multichannel content over two speakers. DTS TruSurround delivers a compelling, virtual surround sound experience through any two-speaker playback system, including the internal television speakers. It is fully compatible with all multichannel formats.
- DTS TruDialog: This function allows you to increase the intensity of a voice over background music or sound effects so that dialogue can be heard more clearly.
Note: The speakers of this TV provide different sound images according to how you position the television. You can select between "Wall-Mount" or "Stand" to provide the best sound quality based on the television's placement.
5-Band EQ + Sound Modes: You can manually adjusts the TV's built-in 5-band EQ (100 Hz, 300 Hz, 1 kHz, 3 kHz, and 10 kHz) for a more customized sound; or simply choose from the following Preset Sound Modes:
- Standard: Selects the normal sound mode.
- Music: Emphasizes music over voices.
- Movie: Provides the best sound for movies.
- Clear Voice: Emphasizes voices over other sounds.
- Amplify: Amplify mode is for people who have difficulty hearing.
Audio Settings: The Samsung TV offers a variety of audio adjustments to meet your listening needs.
- Auto Volume: Auto Volume automatically adjusts the volume of the desired channel, lowering the sound output when the modulation signal is high or raising the sound output when the modulation signal is low. This reduces the difference in volume when changing channels. The Auto Volume feature can be set to Normal, Night or Off.
- Audio Delay: The Audio Delay function corrects audio/video mismatch, when watching TV or video, and listening to a digital audio output using an external device such as an AV receiver. You can adjust the audio delay from 0ms to 250 ms.
- Picture Off: You can turn the television's screen off and still listen to audio.
Audio Outputs: The Samsung LED-LCD television provides an analog and digital audio output.
- Digital Audio (w/ DTS Neo 2:5): The optical digital output terminal will output Dolby Digital/DTS (when available) or 2 channel PCM. The digital optical output terminal only sends an audio signal in Dolby Digital/DTS when receiving Dolby Digital/DTS surround sound from a digital broadcast channel through the tuner, network apps, and USB ports on the LED-LCD TV. The optical digital audio output will only output in 2ch stereo or a matrixed 5.1ch signal (DTS Neo 2:5) from sources connected to the TV via HDMI or RCA.
- Analog Audio: The television features a 3.5mm (minijack) audio output for connecting the television to an analog 2-channel receiver. You will need a minijack-to-RCA adapter (sold separately) to make a stereo RCA connection between the television and your soundbar speaker or AV receiver. The TV's analog audio output terminals will output 2ch audio from any of the television's source inputs.
ARC (Audio Return Channel): The Audio Return Channel in HDMI 1.4 enables a TV, via a single HDMI cable, to send audio data "upstream" to an A/V receiver; increasing user flexibility and eliminating the need for any separate S/PDIF audio connection. This feature allows audio to be sent from the television to your A/V receiver through the same HDMI cable already being used to send audio/video to the television. This eliminates the need for extra cables connected to the TV. ARC allows audio from the TV tuner, Network connection, inserted USB device, HDMI inputs, or any analog connected device to be heard through your ARC compatible AV receiver via the television's HDMI ARC input. The audio from the TV's tuner, network connection, and USB port can pass as Dolby Digital or 2ch PCM. HDMI and analog connected devices will be output as 2ch PCM only.
Note: Both the television and the receiver must support ARC for this function to work properly. When connecting an A/V receiver that is compatible with Audio Return Channel (ARC), connect it to the TV's HDMI 2 input. If connecting a system that is incompatible Audio Return Channel (ARC), an additional audio connection via Digital Audio Out (Optical) is necessary.
Samsung's Quad Core Processor: Samsung's Quad Core processing speeds allow you to perform multiple tasks at the same time, such as using an app while downloading another one. It also enables extremely faster web browsing and application access. Quad Core eliminates lag to give you a fluid browsing experience. It enables you to switch between apps, stream content, and multi-task faster. This extra power also provides faster page refreshing
Network Connection (wired/wireless): You can set up the Samsung H5500 series LED-LCD TV so that it can access your home network and online Samsung Apps through your local area network (LAN) using a wired (RJ-45 Ethernet) or wireless connection (built-in WiFi). You can setup a wired network connection automatically or manually. You can setup the wireless network connection using these four methods; Automatic, Manual, WPS (PBC), or WPS (PIN). The TV's built-in WiFi supports IEEE 802.11A/B/G/N wireless LAN networks and WEP (open/shared), WPA-PSK (TKIP/AES), or WPA2-PSK network security.
Note: Samsung recommends a network speed of 10Mbps or above.
WiFi Direct: When using WiFi Direct, you can connect directly with other devices without using a wireless router. You'll be able to wirelessly transfer personal content (such as photos & videos) to the Samsung LED-LCD TV without connecting to your home network. WiFi Direct completely bypasses your WiFi access point/router, so it's easy to set up. Streaming of copy-protected content and other certain formats are not supported.
Smart Apps: Once you have connected the Samsung TV to your home network, you gain access to Smart Apps. Smart Apps lets you download for pay or free-of-charge applications and services to the Samsung H5500 series LED-LCD TV. You can enjoy a variety of content from various downloaded applications; such as videos, music, photos, games, and news. Smart Apps has a growing collection of pay and free-of-charge online applications that connect you to some of your favorite online content. Visit Samsung's App Store for a complete list of available Samsung Apps.
- Movies & TV Shows: Watch movies and TV shows on Netflix, Vudu, HuluPlus, Amazon Instant Video, & CinemaNow; plus trailers and snippets from a variety of video apps (like Flixter). HBO GO is also now available for XFINITY customers only.
- Music/Radio: Listen to online music and internet radio from Pandora, TuneIn, & vTuner, plus more.
- Social Networks: Share your thoughts and comments about a program on the air through social networking services, like Twitter & Facebook. You can post messages and comments in the same manner as you would using a computer. You also get access to YouTube & Picasa.
- News & Weather: Includes apps that provide information content; such as news (USA Today), weather (AccuWeather), and many more.
- Sports + Fitness: Variety of Fitness apps to help you stay healthy, plus Sports apps (like ESPN SC/MLB.TV) to keep you up to date on scores.
- Education & Kids: A recommended list for applications and content that is suitable for children; including education-based programs, cartoons, and games.
Note: The Link Service Accounts function lets you link your player to your accounts with Internet services (such as Twitter, Facebook, etc.) so that the player can log you into the service automatically when you start the app for that service.
Web Browser You can access the internet using the player's Web Brower application. You can search web pages using Google or Bing. You may enter a URL addresses or enter a keyword search. The player will archive your web browser history. You can also save "Favorite" web pages and create a "Home" page. The playback of Flash videos is also supported. The Web Browser is optimized to fill your connected TV's screen. Use a keyboard and mouse for a more convenient web browsing experience Use a USB-enabled keyboard and mouse (both sold separately) for a more convenient web browsing experience
Note: The browsing experience, however, may not be the same as it is on your computer. The Web Browser is not compatible with Java applications. E-commerce, for purchasing products online is not supported. ActiveX is not supported.
Skype Ready: Samsung's free Skype app on the Samsung LED-LCD TV lets you make video calls from the comfort of your living room. Using the TV's remote control, you can create free Skype accounts, log into existing accounts, and navigate via a simple Skype interface made for the big screen. You can make free Skype-to-Skype voice and video calls to friends and family, wherever they are in the world from the Samsung TV (separate Samsung TV Skype camera required, sold separately).
AllShare Services: The Samsung TV offers AllShare Cast screen mirroring and AllShare/DLNA wireless media streaming.
- AllShare Cast Screen Mirroring: AllShare Cast is a proprietary "screen mirroring" function which lets you wirelessly send the display from your compatible AllShare Cast Samsung mobile device to your TV. This allows you to view pictures and videos that are playing on your compatible Samsung smartphone or tablet on your TV screen. No wireless router or access point required.
- AllShare/DLNA Certified: The Samsung LED-LCD TV's AllShare function, along with its DLNA Certification allow you to watch videos (Divx/AVI/H.264/MPEG/MKV/MOV/WMV), photos (JPEG/PNG/BMP/MPO), and listen to music (MP3/WMA/AAC/FLAC/OGG) saved on your Windows PC (or other DLNA Certified media server) through the TV via its Ethernet (LAN) port or built-in WiFi (wireless). This eliminates the need to copy your photo, video, and music files to a separate USB storage device.
Note: For AllShare/DLNA, Windows PCs with XP and Vista installed require Samsung's PC Share Manager software, which can be downloaded for free from the Samsung Download Center. Not compatible with older Windows OS versions and Mac.
Dual USB Ports: The television is equipped with two USB (type-A) ports. The first USB port can accept a USB mass-storage-class device (5V/0.5A) or USB hard-disk-drive (5V/1A), while the second USB port can be used to connect a USB-enabled keyboard or camera (sold separately from Samsung). The first USB port lets you view photo and movie files, as well as listen to audio files saved on a compatible USB msc device; like your Android smartphone/tablet (Froyo/Gingerbread OS only) or USB thumbdrive. Files must be formatted in FAT, exFAT, or NTFS. The TV can recognize up to 1,000 files per folder.
- Video Playback: The TV supports the following video file types; AVI, Divx, H.264, MPEG, MKV, MOV, and WMV. Movie files are displayed in a folder and title list in either date or alphabetical order. The TV offers Play, Pause, Search, and Resume playback functions for compatible video files stored on a compatible USB device.
- Still Image Playback: The TV supports the following still image file types; JPEG, PNG, BMP, or MPO. Still image files can be viewed as a slide show with background music or as a thumbnail view (up to 15 images). Still images can also viewed full-screen and zoomed or rotated.
- Audio Playback: The TV supports music files supports the following music file types; MP3, WMA, AAC, FLAC, AIFF, ALAC, and OGG. Music files are displayed in a folder and track list, and can be sorted by Artist, Album, or Genre. Music files can be repeated or shuffled in a selected folder.
Firmware/Software Updates: The television's Software Upgrade menu allows you to upgrade the TV's software & firmware for performance improvements & additional services. You can upgrade in four ways; USB, Internet, Alternative Software, or Standby Mode. The tested television contained firmware version T-MST14AKUC-1002.1 (as of 3/19/14). Visit the Samsung Download Center for the latest Firmware/Software updates.
Smart Hub: This TV features Smart Hub, an interactive multi-purpose menu system. With Smart Hub, you can surf the web, download applications, and stay in touch with family and friends through social networking services. In addition, you can enjoy photo, video & music files stored on external storage devices. The new Smart Hub interface organizes your entertainment and content into 5 convenient panels.
- Games: You can view all game apps provided by Smart Hub and download and play the games you select.
- Apps: Apps offers an extensive collection of free and paid news, sports, weather, and entertainment content you can directly download to and enjoy on your TV. The Apps menu has a number of sub-menus including Most Popular, What's new, and Categories to narrow down your search.
- On TV: Check a listing of TV programs that are currently airing and are scheduled to be aired. The program you are currently watching display in a small sub-window.
- Movies & TV Shows: Purchase and watch movies and TV shows from an online service provider. You can browse content by Favorites, Featured, Movies, TV Shows, Trailers, or Trending.
- Multimedia: Play back photo, video, and music files from an external USB or network storage device.
Content Discovery: The TV offers unique ways to search and access your favorite and new content from the TV's tuner and network apps.
- Recommendations: Receive personalized TV and movie recommendations based on your own preferences and what's popular and trending. You can display program recommendation for different times of the day.
- Favorite Channels: You can designate frequently watched channels as "Favorites". You can create up to 5 favorite channel list for each member of your family. You can also rename and edit favorite channel lists.
- Schedule Manager: Using this function, you can set the TV to display a desired channel automatically on a day and at a time of your choice. The Schedule Manager can be set to repeat only once, everyday, Mon-Fri, Mon-Sat, or Sat-Sun.
RVU Compatible (for DirecTV): This Samsung television is RVU-compatible which means DIRECTV subscribers with the Genie Whole-Home HD DVR can watch live broadcast and stored content from their DVR on the Samsung TV, without the need for an additional Genie Mini Client devices or set-top boxes. However, you will need a DECA unit (sold separately) that converts Coax to Ethernet, which will plug into the Samsung TV's LAN port. Make sure the television has the latest firmware update.
Security: The Samsung LED-LCD TV offers several security features to protect TV, your connected equipment, & family.
- Smart Security: When any device is connected to the Internet, it is vulnerable to hacks and malicious code. Samsung Smart Security protects the TV and storage media connected to the TV from such threats, when the television is connected to the Internet.
- Password Lock: You can setup up a 4-digit PIN to lock out specific channels, TV settings, and reset procedure.
- Program Rating Lock: The Program Rating Lock feature automatically locks out programs that are deemed inappropriate for children. You can block TV program based on their ratings and Movies based on their MPAA rating, so you have more control over what your children watch. The Program Rating Lock function is protected by a 4-digit PIN.
Hearing & Visually Impaired: The Samsung H5500 series LED-LCD TV offers Close Captions and an Audio Guide for the hearing and visually impaired.
- Close Captions (CC): The TV provides Analog Closed Captions and Digital Closed Captions. The Digital CC offers customizable text, font, and size. The Caption feature does not work for Component and HDMI input sources.
- Audio Guide: Activate the audio guide for the visually impaired. This is only available with broadcasts that provide this service.
ENERGY STAR Compliant with ECO Settings: The Samsung LED-LCD TV is ENERGY STAR compliant and provides ECO settings to reduce the TV's power consumption and cut-down on energy costs.
- Eco Sensor: Samsung's unique Eco light sensor measures the intensity of the room's light and automatically calibrates the brightness of the image on the screen. In a sun-filled environment, the screen gets brighter and in dim surroundings, the intensity is reduced. This feature optimizes the viewing experience while also saving you energy.
- Energy Saver: This feature adjust the brightness of the TV in order to reduce power consumption. When watching TV at night, set the Energy Saver feature to High to reduce eye fatigue as well as power consumption. You can set this feature to High, Medium, Low, or Picture Off (sound remains on).
- No Signal Standby: The TV will automatically switch to standby mode, if no picture is being received for a predetermined set amount of time (15, 30, or 60 minutes).
- Auto Power Off: The TV will be automatically turn off after 4 hours of being left idle to prevent overheating.
Timers: The Samsung H5500 series LED-LCD TV offers On/Off and Sleep timers for your convenience.
- On/Off Timer: The three On/Off timers allow you to program the television to turn itself on and off by selecting a specific on time and a specific off time. An On/off timer can be set to repeat only once, everyday, Mon-Fri, Mon-Sat, or Sat-Sun. You can also choose the On Timer's content (TV, USB, or Antenna) and volume. The on and off timers work independently of one another.
- Sleep Timer: The sleep timer switches the television off after a specified amount of time. The sleep timer can be set to 30, 60, 90, 120, 150, or 180 minutes.
- Auto Protection Time: If the screen remains idle with a still image for a certain period of time (2, 4, 8, 10 hours) defined by the user, the TV's built-in screen saver is activated to prevent the formation of host images on the screen.
Remote Support + Self Diagnosis: The Samsung Remote Support service offers you one-on-one support with a Samsung Technician who can remotely diagnose your TV, adjust the TV settings, perform a factory reset, and install recommended firmware updates. Your TV must be connected to your homes wired or wireless network. The Samsung H5500 series LED-LCD TV also provides a Self Diagnosis menu which allows you to check the television for picture, sound, and signal problems.
- Picture Test: Use to check for picture problems. If the problem appears in the test picture, select "Yes" and follow the directions on the screen.
- Sound Test: Use the built-in melody sound to check for sound problems. If the problem occurs during the test, select "Yes" and follow the directions on the screen.
- Signal Test: An HD digital channel's reception quality is either perfect or the channels are unavailable. Adjust your antenna to increase signal strength.
Note: The television only comes with a brief User Manual. A complete instruction manual is built-in into the TV and can be viewed on-screen. Open the e-Manual to learn how to use the TV's many features.
Wireless Remote (w/ IR Blaster): The supplied IR remote control is designed to operate this Samsung LED-LCD television, plus HDMI-connected Samsung Anynet+ and other HDMI-CEC components. The remote can also be programmed to control satellite/cable boxes, Blu-ray players, and home theaters from other manufactures using the TV's setup menu and the included IR blaster. The remote's buttons are backlit and will light up with a press of a button. This remote control has Braille points on the Power, Channel Up/Down, and Volume Up/Down, and #5 buttons for the visually impaired.
Note: The television is equipped with a 5-way "joy stick" like button on the rear-panel that lets you control the TV without the remote control.
Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC): This TV is enabled with Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC); a feature that makes it possible to control HDMI-connected Samsung and other HDMI-CEC compliant external devices connected to the TV with ease. With Anynet+, you can use the TV remote control to operate all your compatible Samsung Anynet+ and HDMI-CEC devices that are connected to the TV via HDMI. Anynet+ can control up to 12 compatible external devices (up to 3 of the same type).
SmartView Mobile App: You can download the Samsung SmartView mobile app (from iTunes or GooglePlay) onto to your Apple iOS (5.0+) or Android (4.0.3+) device for yet another way to control the Samsung LED-LCD TV. If both your Apple iOS or Android device and TV are connected to the same wireless network, your smartphone or tablet will link to the TV automatically where you can use your mobile device like a remote control. The TV can also transfer live feeds to your smartphone or tablet. Main features include:
- Remote: Your Apple iOS or Android device can work as remote for the Samsung TV and a connected Samsung Blu-ray player or home theater system.
- TV View: Enjoy TV and other multimedia right from your Apple iOS or Android device that's connected to the Samsung Smart TV. You can watch the same content as on the TV or different content from another input source.
Keyboard & Mouse Compatible: The Samsung H5500 series LED-LCD TV will support a USB-enabled keyboard and mouse (both sold separately), which makes web browsing a lot easier.
Pedestal Stand: The TV is shipped with the pedestal stand unattached. The pedestal stand attaches to the television using the supplied hardware. The pedestal stand does not swivel. The television weighs 10.8 lbs with the stand.
Wall Mounting: The TV has four threaded inserts on the back for use with an optional wall-mount bracket. The spacing of the mounting holes is 200mm (h) x 200mm (v). The threaded inserts require M8 (8mm) machine screws (not supplied). The television weighs 11.6 lbs without the stand.
Note: When mounting the TV on the stand or a wall (with optional bracket) leave 4" of clearance on each side of the television and 4" above/below the television for adequate ventilation.
Detachable AC Power Cord: The Samsung H5500 series LED-LCD TV comes with a 5' detachable AC power cord. The AC power cord sits 0.25" out from the rear-panel. The AC power cord is fitted with a right-angle AC plug that sits 1" from the wall.
Kensington Lock: When mounting the monitor in a public place, you can secure it with an optional anti-theft device called a Kensington Lock (sold separately). This TV has a slot on the rear-panel to accommodate a Kensington Lock device.
2 questions already asked